05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Auxiliary input on radio

Search this Thread

Old 6/24/05, 02:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those bolts you put on for the antenna delete would look good with Hot Toppers. Dunno if you could just buy one, though. Maybe something like it though? http://www.hottoppers.net/kits.html#assortment
Old 7/6/05, 10:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

STILL no AUX input harness? jeesh...
Old 7/6/05, 12:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wish I knew more about electronics. I'd be more than happy to rip my HU out and start plugging wires in... Might even be able to come up with a "universal" input of sorts, kind of like a headphone/microphone jack, or RCA inputs... Is it really that hard to play with wires? What about the comments about this being used in the Escape? Anyone able to find a harness for the Escape maybe? :scratch:
Old 7/10/05, 09:55 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by uncle fluffy@December 4, 2004, 1:07 AM
ok people... I lurk on this board but registered to post this one post just for you.

what you need is called an auxiliary input converter. There's a company called Precision Interface Electronics that makes them. You'll often see satellite radio people refer to them simply as "PIE adapters" - refer to www.pie.net for more info

It doesn't appear that they have an adapter yet for the 05 mustang, but they do have them for the previous generation of mustangs, as well as other ford vehicles. It stands to reason that they're developing one for the '05.

It might be worth emailing them to ask if/when one will be available... this adapter will solve all your mp3 player/satellite radio/etc woes.

and with that, I will slip quietly out into the background and continue my lurking.

EDITED TO ADD: lest anyone think i'm trying to advertise for PIE or something, there's another company I know of that makes similar products... www.blitzsafe.com - like PIE, though, they don't yet have an application for the '05 mustang, but they do have the previous mustangs and other fords. You could drop them an email as well.
I researched the aux adapter subject, the new stereo in the Mustang is basiclly the same as the new Ford Focus, Five Hundred, Freestyle, Freestar, F-150, Super Duty; Mercury Monterey, Milan, Montego; and Lincoln Mark LT. The P.I.E. adapter that states, "MUST have the "CD/AUX" on radio" is for the Visteon manufactured CD6. http://www.visteon.com/products/auto...music_spec.pdf
Old 7/10/05, 12:24 PM
Bullitt Member

here's my antennae delete. it's a black tire valve stem cap afixed w/ shoe goo.
Old 7/10/05, 01:31 PM
GT Member

"Shoe Goo, not just for lexan body repair any more!" sorry just bored at work
Old 3/27/11, 03:10 PM

to chorpeac ,you will find a small plug inside the console between the 2 car seats.
Old 3/28/11, 06:42 AM

Talk about waking the dead!

@ve2nov, when this post was started (2004), there were no options for aux input, hell I don't even know if the CAR was available for purchase yet!

Early s197 mustangs needed an adapter to get any aux input. Just in case someone is searching and looking for one, and stumbles across this ancient thread, here is an option:

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrd04aux.html