05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Street Scene center fog light grille review

Search this Thread

Old 7/18/06, 06:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by karrnutt
I won't,however , be able to install it for a while due to an incident with a large piece of metal debris which attacked my front end at 70+ mph on Michigans I-75 . My hood,bumper and chin spoiler were all damaged. I was in four lanes of very closely packed traffic and had no way to avoid it as it flew out from under the car in front of me .
I hate it when that happens. If you can get a license plate number and at least one other witness, you can file a claim against the other guy. I almost had this one guy for something which flew off of his truck, but because I couldn't dig up a witness it was "my word against his"..
Old 7/18/06, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by karrnutt
Got my copy yesterday , a beautiful thing ,The unamed product I previously had was no match for the Street Scene product. Mike really keeps his promises !
Did they send you a tracking number or other notification before they shipped the grill?
Old 7/18/06, 02:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

THEY CERTAINLY DID! A GREAT PLACE TO DO BUSINESS WITH . THE FIT ,FINISH(even the reverse side is well detailed) AND THE EASE OF INSTALLATION ARE SUPER! IT WOULD TAKE A LOT TO TOP THIS GRILLE.
INSTALLING IT MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7/18/06, 03:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Karrnutt- Thanks for the great post- your commission check is in the mail..but I told you to make it look like you were unbias and didnt work for me!
Old 7/18/06, 04:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Mike 05
Karrnutt- Thanks for the great post- your commission check is in the mail..but I told you to make it look like you were unbias and didnt work for me!
no chance of getting it this week is there?
Old 7/18/06, 04:27 PM
Bullitt Member

We still have plenty on the shelf plus we have filled all back- orders so if you order one today and want it drop shipped it can still get to you via 2 day UPS.
Old 7/18/06, 07:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For those of you who ordered from Muscle Car Direct. I checked the status on my order tonight and instead of pending it says shipped.
Old 7/18/06, 07:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool

Dang it!! Mine still shows pending

The wait is killing me!!
Old 7/18/06, 09:46 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
For those of you who ordered from Muscle Car Direct. I checked the status on my order tonight and instead of pending it says shipped.
Mine says "processing"???
Old 7/19/06, 05:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry Mike, Does that mean I'm really fired ?
Old 7/19/06, 06:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Mike, I called my order in, and never got an email from you guys. Can you send me an email, so I can keep tabs on the order? If you need my email address, just send me a PM. Thanks for the help.
Old 7/19/06, 07:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Mike, I called my order in, and never got an email from you guys. Can you send me an email, so I can keep tabs on the order? If you need my email address, just send me a PM. Thanks for the help.
Me too I called in my order. I just want to know if mine is on the way or not!!

Are they being shipped 2day ups or that is extra?
Old 7/19/06, 08:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey Gang- Unfortunately, we are the manufacturer only so its hard for us to get tracking numbers etc unless we have the distributors purchaser order number. We don't sell directly to consumers. The best way to find out where your part is - is to contact the distributor who you bought the part from. We ship parts in two ways- If our distributor ordered the grille from us and instructed us to drop ship it directly to you, then there is a chance we can get you a UPS number and track it for you. We would bill the distributor and drop ship to you. However If the distributor put the order in as a stock order then we might be shipping your grille along with several other parts directly to the distributor in one big truck load. They would then receive your grille along with several other parts, put them on their shelf, then run a back order report- find your order and in turn ship it to you. This could take up to a extra week or two. The good news is that all grille orders have been shipped to all distributors as of last night. Long story short, the best way to find out where your grille is- contact the distributor who you bought it from. We did drop ship several grilles UPS as of last night- so I think some of you will be getting your parts starting today. PS- Karrnutt- no your not fired... how could I fire someone who gave us such a great review!
Old 7/19/06, 08:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ohhhh snap...I dont know how...but somewhere along the way I got screwed up LOL. For some reason Mike I thought you worked at mussclecardirect where most of us ordered from. But after re reading this long a$$ thread I see you infact work for SS making the darn thing.

DUUUUH!

Calling MCD.com now....

Ok talked to them and they said they are on the way to them...so I am guessing they didnt have SS drop ship any to us. Sooooooooo maybe next week lol

Sorry again Mike...
Old 7/19/06, 09:50 AM
Bullitt Member

No problem- sounds like your part of the stock order we shipped them yesterday..
Old 7/19/06, 10:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Mike 05
No problem- sounds like your part of the stock order we shipped them yesterday..
Probably so! I think they might have charged my card too finaly...I see a pending amount around 179.90 and dont recall anything in that amount. Could be the gril or could be I was too drunk to remember charging something

So lets see...went to them yesterday....probably will get them on friday....maybe they will start shipping on monday. That would work!!
Old 7/19/06, 10:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by NOLAGT
Probably so! I think they might have charged my card too finaly...I see a pending amount around 179.90 and dont recall anything in that amount. Could be the gril or could be I was too drunk to remember charging something

So lets see...went to them yesterday....probably will get them on friday....maybe they will start shipping on monday. That would work!!
I had the same charge show up yesterday. But my order on MCD still shows processing.
Old 7/19/06, 10:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

I would bet they are making the charges now and will ship the grills when they get them. Probably getting the paperwork/charges out the way incasue some of yall spent the gril money and your card doesnt go through. That way they can get any of that clear so when the grils come in they can go right out.
Old 7/19/06, 06:02 PM
V6 Member

Dang! I get home from work and what is sitting on my doorstep???
Naomi Watts in a green bow?
NOPE
MY SSE GRILL!
I live in Carlsbad and it was shipped from Costa Mesa. Went on in an hour and a half - a little trouble with the driver's side plug clearing. Looks GREAT. Will try to get some pics later - I'm jumping in circles trying to get organized to move (but I stopped what I was doing to mount this baby

SATISFIED Thanks SSE!

One other thing - not sure how they were going to project at night so I drilled two holes over the adjustment screws for quick fixing.

One MORE thing, Sylvannia or whoever assembled the lamps could have taken more care not to leave fingerprints all over the reflector BEFORE they were sealed shut.....

thanks again SSE

T
Old 7/19/06, 06:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

From what I gather from Muscle Car Direct that if you live in California SS was drop shipping them and if you live outside of the state then they were being shipped to MCD and then going out.

Quick Reply: Street Scene center fog light grille review