05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Street Scene center fog light grille review

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/06, 09:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 99vert
I'm also on the pre-order list for the SS grill. A while back I remember seeing a picture of a center fog light grill with a tribar pony emblem on it, on the drivers side if I recall. I've been looking for the picture but haven't been able to find it. Does anyone know where the picture is or who's car it was? I would like to find out how tall the emblem was and perhaps where he got it.
Hey 99, & lwing18, take a look at the pic of my car below (its from Carlisle this year). It has the KSR grill that was 1st released. Its the warped one. I still have it on. I have a tribar logo on the drivers side of the grill. This emblem is from the fender of a 1994-1998 Mustang. It's the perfect size for the grill. Not too big (like the Pony Package emblem). When I get my SS grill, I plan on taking off the emblem and putting it on this grill. The look with it is really cool (so I have been told)

BTW, 99, I see your from SE PA. Where are you located at? I'm in Bucks County, in Chalfont. You should bring out your Mustang to some of the local shows.
Attached Thumbnails Street Scene center fog light grille review-carlisleford2006.jpg  
Old 7/7/06, 10:38 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
That size pony looks SOOO much better than the big '06 version.
Old 7/7/06, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How did you attach the emblem to the new grill ?
Old 7/7/06, 11:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

can anyone tell me how they got the pny emblem on the grill...if i find out how i might muy this before i do my GT500 bumper swap
Old 7/7/06, 01:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey 99, & lwing18, take a look at the pic of my car below (its from Carlisle this year). It has the KSR grill that was 1st released. Its the warped one. I still have it on. I have a tribar logo on the drivers side of the grill. This emblem is from the fender of a 1994-1998 Mustang. It's the perfect size for the grill. Not too big (like the Pony Package emblem). When I get my SS grill, I plan on taking off the emblem and putting it on this grill. The look with it is really cool (so I have been told)

BTW, 99, I see your from SE PA. Where are you located at? I'm in Bucks County, in Chalfont. You should bring out your Mustang to some of the local shows.
I hope you roled up those windows...looks like it got nasty out there.
Old 7/10/06, 03:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Just put in my order with MCD. #18 on their list.
Old 7/10/06, 04:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

TORCH VERT What estimate did they give you for delivery? I emailed them twice today and they're not expecting to receive their first shipment untill August. This center fog grille business is beginning to sound a lot like the ksr fiasco!
Old 7/10/06, 04:15 PM
Bullitt Member

We should be shipping GT grille shells by the end of this week as promised. The grille shells are here. We are waiting on a couple of components to complete the installation process which we are told will be here this week. The V6 shell is expected around the end of August. We did a test fit on the V6 today and we were happy with the fitment. We will post pictures of the V6 soon..
Old 7/10/06, 06:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by karrnutt
TORCH VERT What estimate did they give you for delivery? I emailed them twice today and they're not expecting to receive their first shipment untill August. This center fog grille business is beginning to sound a lot like the ksr fiasco!
I was told by the end of the month (maybe because i'm a ways down the list though). I'm pretty sure SS will not repeat the other unfortunate incident. This looks like a top quality part. If there's a small wait, so be it.

(Those of us that followed and waited seemingly forever for the Silverhorse rear panel to get completed and shipped aren't intimidated by a week or two
Old 7/11/06, 08:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Mike 05
We should be shipping GT grille shells by the end of this week as promised. The grille shells are here. We are waiting on a couple of components to complete the installation process which we are told will be here this week. The V6 shell is expected around the end of August. We did a test fit on the V6 today and we were happy with the fitment. We will post pictures of the V6 soon..

Ohh man please ship them this week and tell me im in that first batch. That is one of the last things for the outside of my car and it needs it badly.
Old 7/11/06, 10:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Got an email from Mike,what an up front guy,he said that it looked like Friday was a go . When I first ordered, I spoke to him and was impressed by his attitude and enthusiasm . After the bit of miscommunication I got yesterday and his immediate setting right of the facts I'm even more impressed! He's a good person to deal with !
Old 7/11/06, 10:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sweet...next week should be a good one! I have really been wanting a centergrill for a long time now and the ksr one I got was broke, didnt even get to see it before it went back.
Old 7/11/06, 10:47 AM
Bullitt Member

I tried to order, but the site will not accept my registeration for some reason. I wasnt even considering a center mount grill until I saw adrenalins writeup. Post another sale to TMS, if I can figure out a way to order it.
Old 7/11/06, 11:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just call them
Old 7/11/06, 11:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by NOLAGT
Just call them
I had to call. The website was screwed up (kept asking me to select my state for the address even though I had several times)
Old 7/11/06, 04:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by T Town Bobby D
How did you attach the emblem to the new grill ?
Hey Bob, I just peeled the tape backing off the backside of the emblem, centered it, and it sticks real well. Hasn't come off yet. The two-sided tape that is there is some strong stuff.
Old 7/11/06, 04:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
can anyone tell me how they got the pny emblem on the grill...if i find out how i might muy this before i do my GT500 bumper swap
See my above reply Ira. The two-sided tape holds real well.
Old 7/11/06, 04:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by NOLAGT
I hope you roled up those windows...looks like it got nasty out there.
Mark, to tell you, you never would have believed how nice it turned out that day, after you see how the sky looked in my pic. The ride up, nothing but a downpour. A 2 hour ride to CJ Pony Parts, in the rain. When the group of us got there (7 05+ Mustangs heading up), to meet up with the rest of the group (another 4 more 05+ for a total of 11 heading into Carlisle together), it stopped raining, and except for the small time with those threatening clouds, it was a beautiful day. Never rained another drop. The most fun I have ever had at a car show. Can't wait for Carlisle '07.
Old 7/11/06, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Jeff, I remember talking to you at Carlisle and you said you amnaged to get your fogs working with the grill. How did you guys do it? I cant seem to stretch mine long enough to fit so I'm just sitting here waiting for someone to come out with an extention.
Old 7/12/06, 01:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by silverGTvert
Hey Jeff, I remember talking to you at Carlisle and you said you amnaged to get your fogs working with the grill. How did you guys do it? I cant seem to stretch mine long enough to fit so I'm just sitting here waiting for someone to come out with an extention.
Its kinda hard to describe what my one co-worker did. He went into the parts department, and got those small pin connectors, that are shaped like the letter Y he got 4 of them, and cut 2 pieces of wire. He connected the wire to each ends of the connectors, and then plugged the connectors into the sockets on the car and the lights. Then he used a bunch of electrical tape to cover up the ponnectors, as with these, only one part can insert into the plug. The other end is out, and open to the elements. The tape keeps them dry. It is a Rube Goldberg like method, but my fogs haven't falied yet.

Quick Reply: Street Scene center fog light grille review