05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Street Scene center fog light grille review

Search this Thread

Old 7/27/06, 10:33 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MTAS
Pompano Beach mate, in the West Palm overall area. Hey - you gonna make it to our TMS get together next month? Check the link in my sig
I told dave that I had to work weekends up until Labor Day.After that for sure.
sorry guys,didn't mean to hijack thread,
Old 7/27/06, 10:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NOLAGT
Fine time for me to see this....I just got to work with my trusty flat head, philips, rag and the grill is out for delivery per UPS

Guess ill have to wait till I get home now
Aw POOP!!!! OK we need a list of all tools required to remove the stock grille & fogs, and install the SS grille & fogs
Old 7/27/06, 10:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StangNut
Sorry, Mark. I've pulled my grille out a few times, but never had to do anything with the fogs so all I needed was the screwdriver.
Its all good man I just gotto work so I probably wouldnt have had time anyway. Besides its insta-sweat hot out there...I dont wana be stankin when I come back into work LOL

Altho I did do a hurry wash job before I cam in for nothing now
Old 7/27/06, 10:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MTAS
Aw POOP!!!! OK we need a list of all tools required to remove the stock grille & fogs, and install the SS grille & fogs

So far I know you need a torx bit thats for sure
Old 7/27/06, 10:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

So far I know you need a torx bit thats for sure
Old 7/27/06, 12:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Woohoo UPS has come and gone! Got the gril...looked at the gril...love the gril!! Thanks Mike SS and MCD for this puppy!!

Now I have pics of it with my steeda hood but since SOMEONE (hahaha) didnt tell me torx bits I have it jimmy rigged for the pics. Ill take more once its installed.

First impressions....its going to look sick with the cowl hood I think!!!

Old 7/27/06, 01:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Thats going to look good !!

I have the Eleanor hood so hopefully I'll get the same look

Oh and the UPS man dropped mine off today also !!!!
Old 7/27/06, 02:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, Monday can't get here quick enough.
Old 7/27/06, 06:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Talking

Well I got it installed. I'd like to give you a brief review and some things to look for.

First up the grill is a very nice piece and the extensions are a huge plus. It fits snug and has a good stock finish to it. Everything with the grill went together smooth. Two things you should look at before you push it in place. Number one my driver side light would not clear (behind the fog light/plug area). You may drop the lights down enough when installing them in the grill to clear this so check it out!! I cut a notch into the latch support and painted it. It took all of 5 minutes to do, but because I didn't notice it first I had to take it out and reinstall it. The other thing is only for aftermarket hoods. I have the Cervini's Eleanor hood and it is thicker at the front edge under the lip. It barely cleared the lights and may have to be clearanced if it rub's. (CORRECTION Upon futher review it was touching and I had to clearance the hood with two notches and a little paint) I do not feel this will be a problem with a stock hood.

I'd grade it a 90. I'm glad this grill came out because I really like the pronouced (sticking futher out) look of the fogs. It looks awesome and factory. Just make a few inspections before installing it and you'll be a happy individual. By the way some of those inspections could have been in the instructions, but I never look at them

By the way I will get a picture up this weekend after the rain stops.
Old 7/27/06, 08:41 PM
GT Member

Got mine today!!!!!! Install was a breeze... The pic is a very bad one will try to get a better one tomorrow....
Attached Thumbnails Street Scene center fog light grille review-center-fogs.jpg  
Old 7/27/06, 08:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
A couple of installation hints:

1. Make sure that the fogs are totally seated in the housing. You don't want to have to mess with tightening screws once the grille is reinstalled.

2. Make sure that the right (drivers side) is under the metal before you plug in the extension. If you plug it in first it is a pita to get under the metal flange and you might even damage the extension.

Rich~

Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to the wall.
Old 7/27/06, 09:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

I installed mine and I ended up useing a allen wrench for the torx lol I didnt have the correct size.

My gril went in easy as pie...i actualy had the lights pluged in. I just had to push down on it some to get it to clear. Fits nice and looks good....perfect fit under the steeda hood.

And some pics....

Old 7/27/06, 09:50 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
NICE!
If I had a black Stang, that what I'd want it to look like.
Great job on your choice of mods. Subtle changes are the best changes.
Old 7/27/06, 10:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks! I think I am just about done on the outside.
Old 7/28/06, 07:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

I found no clearance problems what so ever. I hooked up the extensions and it slid in place like greased lightning,a snug ,perfect, factory-like fit and mine was a production sample.
Old 7/28/06, 07:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, living on the east coast does have its negatives (I won't see mine till Monday) I'm getting antsey.
Old 7/28/06, 07:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

I noticed last ngiht when trying to aim my driver fog that I cant. I installed the fog so that the bulb socket L's to the passengerside (same direction as the PS fog) and the plug is snugged up to the metel...makes the driver fog shoot much higher than the pasenger one. I have to flip it so it go the other direction I am guessing???
Old 7/28/06, 09:25 AM
V6 Member

Tri-Bar pony Logo

Gents,
Where is the best place to get a tri-bar pony logo to fit nicely on this grille? It seems as if some people have figured out the best approach. There seem to be some many sizes and types. Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers!!!
Irish
Old 7/28/06, 09:29 AM
Bullitt Member

I noticed last ngiht when trying to aim my driver fog that I cant. I installed the fog so that the bulb socket L's to the passengerside (same direction as the PS fog) and the plug is snugged up to the metel...makes the driver fog shoot much higher than the pasenger one. I have to flip it so it go the other direction I am guessing???
Thats why I listed I had to notch my latch mount. It wanted to push the fog light out the wrong direction or if you pushed it under the latch mount it wanted to push on the plug and over time I felt it would crack. I notched it and no worries either way now
Old 7/28/06, 09:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JST4FN
Thats why I listed I had to notch my latch mount. It wanted to push the fog light out the wrong direction or if you pushed it under the latch mount it wanted to push on the plug and over time I felt it would crack. I notched it and no worries either way now
So your saying that bulb plug cant L the other way? I was assuming I could just flip it so I can aim the foglight.

I dont have a problem busting out the dremal....but I dont really wana either.

Anyone anyone???

Quick Reply: Street Scene center fog light grille review