05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Center fog lights...

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/06, 09:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stkdidy
so...i need one of these ****IT! someone PLEASE SELL theirs to me.
When I was at Carlisle, GEF Racing had a couple of these grills available for 125.00 bucks I think. Give them a call a see if they still have them.
Old 6/12/06, 10:04 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Hawgman, I actually talked to Butch last evening. We was at one of my local Cruise Nights. First off, he IS a good person to deal with. He just took the brunt of the storm when the grills turned out to be bad. He saw my car and stopped over to say hi and to chat. He told me the time table, on when KSR will have the new version of the grills. From the estimations, it should be available middle to end of August. The company is a little behind. He wanted me to post this, as he has been extremely busy with family (his wife just had their 1st child on the 31st of May) Needless to say, with his business, and the new addition to the family, he is overwelmed.

Now about returns for new grills. HE WILL HONOR a return of the old grill when the new ones become available. He will (from my understanding) have a list of how many new grills he will need to fill replacement orders, and thats all he will get. I don't think he will get any more to actually sell. He just wants to make everyone who got the 1st versions to be happy. He took alot of crap, for only being a seller, and not the actual manufacturer. If you did buy his grill off ebay, you can always email his ebay account. He will get back to you if you have any questions. He's a good guy, and I'll stand up for him, so just give it time, and for the new product to come out. Hope this helps you all out.
Thanks for the info. But I must point out, not anywhere in the post you replied to, or in this entire thread have I ever said Butch wasn't a good guy. Hell, I was defending him in this thread back when the grills were arriving and people first saw them defective. I was simply asking if anyone had contacted him, and if anyone thought that he was going to let people know when they arrive or if it was going to be up to us to keep up with having the defective pieces replaced. And I don't think I was off base by too much when I say that Butch seemed rather annoyed with KSR's statement of returning the grills when the new ones arrive after he had already posted saying return them immediately.
Old 6/12/06, 12:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hawgman
Thanks for the info. But I must point out, not anywhere in the post you replied to, or in this entire thread have I ever said Butch wasn't a good guy. Hell, I was defending him in this thread back when the grills were arriving and people first saw them defective. I was simply asking if anyone had contacted him, and if anyone thought that he was going to let people know when they arrive or if it was going to be up to us to keep up with having the defective pieces replaced. And I don't think I was off base by too much when I say that Butch seemed rather annoyed with KSR's statement of returning the grills when the new ones arrive after he had already posted saying return them immediately.
Whoa there Hawgman, I wasn't at all implying that you said anything of the sort. I just stated that he is a good guy, thats all. I aplologize if you took it the wrong way. It wasn't at all meant that way.
Old 6/12/06, 01:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Update

I just got back from KSR for test fitting thier new grill. Let me tell you it looks AWESOME. The warpage is gone and the quality looks OEM. The fit is great. Also no warpage on the botton. It is actually tighter that the stock grill. The only thing I need to do is get a wiring harness to extend the fog lamps. Nelson said that they will probably supply a harness with the grills when they come out though. One thing about Nelson and that company is they are deff top notch. They dont want to rush the grill out because they want it to be perfect, thats why the delay so far. Hopefully the new grills will be here in August so lets hang in there. I'm just lucky to have mine early.
Attached Thumbnails Center fog lights...-center1-1024-x-683-.jpg   Center fog lights...-center2-1024-x-683-.jpg   Center fog lights...-center3-1024-x-683-.jpg   Center fog lights...-center6-1024-x-683-.jpg   Center fog lights...-center4-1024-x-683-.jpg  

Old 6/12/06, 01:17 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by silverGTvert
I just got back from KSR for test fitting thier new grill. Let me tell you it looks AWESOME. The warpage is gone and the quality looks OEM. The fit is great. Also no warpage on the botton. It is actually tighter that the stock grill. The only thing I need to do is get a wiring harness to extend the fog lamps. Nelson said that they will probably supply a harness with the grills when they come out though. One thing about Nelson and that company is they are deff top notch. They dont want to rush the grill out because they want it to be perfect, thats why the delay so far. Hopefully the new grills will be here in August so lets hang in there. I'm just lucky to have mine early.
Dude! Good news!! Car looks great!!
Old 6/12/06, 02:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ahhh you dog...looks good to me...now ship em!
Old 6/12/06, 09:33 PM
Bullitt Member

When I was at Carlisle, GEF Racing had a couple of these grills available for 125.00 bucks I think. Give them a call a see if they still have them.
emailed them! i hope they do
Old 6/13/06, 01:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'm just lucky to have mine early.
You suck! I've been waiting on a grill like this for a year!

Thanks for the update, though!
Old 6/13/06, 05:34 PM
V6 Member

New grille?

Has any one seen this grille??
Attachment 2163
Attached Thumbnails Center fog lights...-custom09.jpg  
Old 6/13/06, 10:42 PM
Cobra Member

Actually I saw that a couple of days ago. Don't remember what site I was on, but I do remember that pattern.
Old 6/14/06, 04:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AL1356
Attachment 2163
The lights seem a little to close IMO.
Old 6/14/06, 05:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

I much rather the one from ksr.
Old 6/14/06, 06:23 AM
V6 Member

Yeah. I like the OEM look of the KSR. It's a decent alternative though.
That new one is from this site:
http://www.classictoyshop.org/
No prices given but he has some decent hoods and ducktail spoilers. I tried emailing for curiosity but could not get through. I will try phoning today. They are in Florida so not really an option.
Old 6/14/06, 08:12 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Attachment 2163
That grille has been posted on here before, it comes from a shop in Orlando called Dave Miller Performance. I am from Orlando and can honestly say that I have yet to see anyone with their grille or their body modifications, so not to sure of the quality but if you are interested be ready to break the bank b/c it is excessively overpriced I believe it is due to the small production #'s.
Old 6/14/06, 08:45 AM
V6 Member

It looks like all they do is custom work. Not production. That's why they would not be viable for me (they are in Orlando).
Although I would guess the grille is probably in production somewhere.
Old 6/14/06, 09:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

It looks like all they do is custom work. Not production. That's why they would not be viable for me (they are in Orlando).
Although I would guess the grille is probably in production somewhere.
No, I'm pretty sure the grille is hand-made there by them, one at a time. I contacted them a few months ago and he said they just received the parts to make 4 or 5 grilles. One or two were available for purchase but I think they wanted something like $325? They can also do a lower grille to match...
Old 6/14/06, 11:44 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Redfire 05Gt
One or two were available for purchase but I think they wanted something like $325? They can also do a lower grille to match...
Well, now I'm sure I prefer the KSR grille!!
Old 6/14/06, 03:22 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Looking at their grille you can tell all they did was cut out the old honeycomb and the fog light holes and then put that grille in their. Other than the screen, it looks like a backyard modification, IMO.

In this close-up you can see where they cut the foglight sections out of the "frame".
Attached Images  
Old 6/14/06, 08:06 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by StangNut
Looking at their grille you can tell all they did was cut out the old honeycomb and the fog light holes and then put that grille in their. Other than the screen, it looks like a backyard modification, IMO.

In this close-up you can see where they cut the foglight sections out of the "frame".
Good eye Jason. I never looked at it as closely. The cuts are really obvious around the fog lights.
Old 6/14/06, 10:09 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
It's not so much a good eye as it is me trying to make my own grille that doesn't have fog lights. I've spent many hours staring at GT grilles.

I can understand the U shaped cutout where the fog light bezels were. (they're actually bigger than the "frame") but the area just the the left of that cutout looks sloppy. There's no reason for it to not be straight.