05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

ABS Honeycomb taillight panel - SilverHorse Racing

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/05, 08:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Comparing the two Lime cars, I'd say I like the "with trim" somewhat more, but the panel looks great on both
Old 12/8/05, 08:44 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's another straight on shot. I just Love this panel and so glad Santa ordered early!!
Old 12/8/05, 09:16 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WOW. I don't know what else to say to everyone.

WOW. This is the greatest. I am so happy everyone is happy with their parts. And they look good on all the cars, and yes, keep the taillight trim. Is it good quality? If so, email me where it came from, because I'd like to get some for our car, I think it accents the panel nicely.

BTW, we will most likely offer trim for our panel soon as well. may really make it stand out on darker cars. It depends on if we can find a supplier that will do it properly, and more importantly, if it will look correct when done. If so, expect us shortly after Christmas to get that rolling.

Keep the pictures coming! I'm going to have to do a new page on our website just dedicated to them all!
Old 12/8/05, 09:40 PM
V6 Member

Marcello. Bought the trim from ebay seller. Here's the link. I guess my friend got lucky she paid 43 bucks plus shippping. The quality is very good and the description explains it all
here's a link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-2006-C...itemZ8015080662.
Old 12/8/05, 10:01 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Thanks man. They look nice, but coming from the manufacturing side of things (looking at it from long term standpoint) chrome plating ABS in an outdoor application may not be a great idea, it was brought up with our piece, and we decided not to (think door edge trim in the long-term). I hate to do what's already been done, but I have to check material prices now... I have an idea, and I think at a price that will make people happy depending on how we can... oh nevermind... definitely have an idea now as to how I want to do it! Just hope I can get the price point where it needs to be.

Still though, they look nice. Color me impressed.
Old 12/9/05, 06:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yep. I like the trim around the taillights as well. Not that I would do it on my car, but it looks good. I would love to see someone produce a black trim piece to coordinate with the hc panel (hint hint). That would give the taillight/panel combo an integrated finished look.
Old 12/9/05, 09:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

I got my panel today, Great Job!!! It looks awesome!!!

[attachmentid=40425]
[attachmentid=40426]

Marcello, please feel free to use these pics on your website.
Old 12/9/05, 10:07 AM
V6 Member

Limeaid, I bought the same chrome taillight trim from that eBay seller to compliment the honeycomb panel. I think it looks good with the chrome fake gas cap and chrome exhaust tips. Mine will be on a white GT convertible with black top. Definitely adds a uniqueness to the rear of the car especially if you also have sequentials. I'll post pics when I get the honey comb panel installed (when it gets here).
Old 12/10/05, 07:21 AM
GT Member

WOO HOO GOT MINE YESTERDAY!!!

HERE'S A PIC, IT'S JUST SITTING ON THERE AS IT IS TOO COLD.

ME AND MT SON ARE GOING TO TAKE THE TRUNK LID OFF AND TAKE IT IN THE HOUSE TO WARM UP AND LET IT SIT FOR A FEW HOURS TO MAKE SURE THE 3M TAPE STICKS GOOD
Old 12/10/05, 09:42 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Those look great! I especially like the Tungsten with black stripes. I always thought the LeMans Stripes and rear panels would go well together.

Marcello, saw your article and ad in Mustang Enthusiast.
Old 12/10/05, 02:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Woohoo! It came today! It came today! I just set it on the car to get a pic. Gotta wait til it warms up a bit. Beautiful!!
Old 12/10/05, 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow, how come mine is the only one that won't just "sit there" on the car? Mine's bowed out too much in the center and requires firm pressure to sit flat... I guess that's what the tape is for! :P
Old 12/10/05, 08:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Marcello....

All I can say is BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!

It came today and is an absolute stunning piece of work. The craftsmanship is absolutely top-notch and is a glowing example of what true American craftsmen can do... There is absolutely no way that this piece could be made with quality even half this good overseas...

I will be proud to install this piece on my car and hopefully many of my customer's cars!

Thank you!
Old 12/11/05, 08:14 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally posted by daveyramone@December 10, 2005, 8:45 PM
Wow, how come mine is the only one that won't just "sit there" on the car? Mine's bowed out too much in the center and requires firm pressure to sit flat... I guess that's what the tape is for! :P
No fear... some of the pieces (the one on my own car included) cool with a bit more arch than the mold was made with, but it doesn't hurt anything. Once applied to the car, it is not moving. Mine's been on for a month now, with no issues.

Anyway, it's not a problem, it was designed so that if any arch mismatch occurred, it would be in the direction you see, and why the directions talk about it possibly being there. This is one of the reasons why early on we decided to go with a known plastics manufacturer, and not attempt to inject the part ourselves. Getting the idea / design was the easy part. Getting it from computer screen to injection mold, to finished, fitting part was the art that we paid for.
Old 12/11/05, 12:33 PM
Banned

Originally posted by YALLER@December 10, 2005, 9:24 AM
WOO HOO GOT MINE YESTERDAY!!!

HERE'S A PIC, IT'S JUST SITTING ON THERE AS IT IS TOO COLD.

ME AND MT SON ARE GOING TO TAKE THE TRUNK LID OFF AND TAKE IT IN THE HOUSE TO WARM UP AND LET IT SIT FOR A FEW HOURS TO MAKE SURE THE 3M TAPE STICKS GOOD

I'd be careful about taking the trunk lid off, you might have a very hard time getting it aligned again!
Old 12/11/05, 05:44 PM
Bullitt Member

I just ordered my panel! I cant wait to get it in because they look so good. I have a silver convertible with the taillight trim and i think that will look awesome.
Old 12/11/05, 08:02 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Bring them on! We're getting to the point where turnaround on individual orders is only one business day!
Old 12/11/05, 08:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Mine can't get here quick enough...I keep coming back to this thread for a quick "fix" while waiting....

EDIT: WooHoo! Looks like mine's ready to go out (just got the USPS shipping notice)
Old 12/12/05, 05:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by P_Kiley@December 11, 2005, 9:07 PM
Mine can't get here quick enough...I keep coming back to this thread for a quick "fix" while waiting....
EDIT: WooHoo! Looks like mine's ready to go out (just got the USPS shipping notice)
well, Mr P_Kiley...looks like You, and 19 others will be getting theirs from www.showlenses.com shipped Direct from the mfg., Yea!!!

please note: Hey Everybody! I'm Live! www.showlenses.com will take you to a REAL store! check in and say hi!
thanks from the rickman! :worship: and, thanks to Brad!
Old 12/12/05, 10:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by rdh03mach1@December 12, 2005, 7:10 AM
well, Mr P_Kiley...looks like You, and 19 others will be getting theirs from www.showlenses.com shipped Direct from the mfg., Yea!!!

please note: Hey Everybody! I'm Live! www.showlenses.com will take you to a REAL store! check in and say hi!
thanks from the rickman! :worship: and, thanks to Brad!
I saw the new store last night when I was giving your lenses a plug in another thread. Really nice job on it

Quick Reply: ABS Honeycomb taillight panel - SilverHorse Racing