05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

ABS Honeycomb taillight panel - SilverHorse Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10/11/05, 07:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got in on Pre-Production pricing. I'm gonna put mine HERE...

but I'm gonna miss my custom stripe
Old 10/12/05, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

anybody (marcello) know how many of these are ordered?
Old 10/12/05, 09:12 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We've surpassed our goal of 100 units for pre-production pricing, but I decided to carry the pre-production pricing for at least one more week, maybe a week and a half, since we are going to land about 6 weeks behind where we initially thought we would.

Patience everyone, we're so close now...the vapor of the vaporware is starting to clear, and I can see real parts!!

Every order from the very first to now just continues to validate the fact that we're making something people want, and we're happy to be able to do that. We're also very thankful to all of our customers for their patience and support.

Also, we spoke at length yesterday and today with 3M, and directly with some on the engineering staff that work on the automotive adhesive products. We are using the acrylic 7/8" 45 mil tape, and although it is a bit pricier than what could be used, we want to make sure the piece stays exactly where you put it. We already knew what size tape we were running and all that, but just wanted to get some pointers for writing the directions for installation, making sure we didn't miss anything. 3M is an awesome company to talk with, live people on the phone, and they know their stuff! Wow... lessons to be learned there!

More soon as it becomes available.
Old 10/17/05, 12:50 PM
Bullitt Member

looking good...lots a interest in this product!
Old 10/18/05, 06:36 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,594 Likes on 1,920 Posts
Hello!

If you Get the Silver Horse Racing Update Sheet then you know I have taken on the Honeycomb Panel. It was Very Cool of Marcello to Make mention That Clevenger Ford is the First Dealer to Come on Board. I feel it is going to be a Great Product and another way for our Ponies to be a bit different and reflect our Personal taste and Style. Rest assured I will Take Some Beauty Shots on Different Colors and Models at our Dealership. Although I doubt we will still have our Red Roush by the Time the Panels arrive, if we do I am especially Curious as to how it will Look with the Roush Rear Fascia. I will do a Gallery in my section ASAP when The Product Arrives.

Thanks Again,

kc
Old 10/18/05, 08:42 PM
V6 Member

I ordered mine today, and I was wondering, will it hold up for a long time? I hope so, I intend to have the car a long time! Several months ago I posted that I was going to sell the car (my husband had just died) and I was going to keep his Jag. I've decided to keep the Mustang, my husband bought it for me, and now that I feel comfortable with the decision, I want to personalize the car. I had sequentials installed this last week. WOW! Now this. Wonder what next!
Old 10/18/05, 09:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by my blue pony@October 18, 2005, 8:45 PM
I ordered mine today, and I was wondering, will it hold up for a long time? I hope so, I intend to have the car a long time! Several months ago I posted that I was going to sell the car (my husband had just died) and I was going to keep his Jag. I've decided to keep the Mustang, my husband bought it for me, and now that I feel comfortable with the decision, I want to personalize the car. I had sequentials installed this last week. WOW! Now this. Wonder what next!
my condolences on re your husband linda, nice blue ride...may it keep you safe. i was just looking at sequentials wow...ya like? which ones?
a fellow wvb stanger!
Old 10/19/05, 10:40 PM
V6 Member

Web Electric. They're beautiful, with one problem. I have to keep getting out the car and looking at 'em! This car is awesome! I like it more and more. Hate to put it away for the winter..but will do so!
Old 10/20/05, 09:32 PM
Bullitt Member

this product should ship soon...Boy i hate Waiting
glad i didnt hear about this any sooner! LOL
Old 10/21/05, 07:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by my blue pony@October 19, 2005, 9:43 PM
Web Electric. They're beautiful, with one problem. I have to keep getting out the car and looking at 'em! This car is awesome! I like it more and more. Hate to put it away for the winter..but will do so!
No need to get out of the car to look at your sequentials...just back it up to a nice big window somewhere and view the reflection! You'll also be able to view that nice new honeycomb taillight panel in the reflection as well!!
Old 10/22/05, 02:44 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Linda,

I'm sorry about your loss, and I remember that thread from way back.

To answer your question about life expectancy, we have designed this piece specifically for outdoor use in automotive applications, and it has UV inhibitors "built-in" to help curtail any chalking of the piece over time. How long will it last? I'm hoping as long as the one on my 73, which is now what... 32 years? (Although to be honest it has a hidden crack and I did paint it about 10 years ago). Still though, it should be fine for the long haul. That's why we went with a name-brand chemical supplier, and one of their highest-rated outdoor plastics.

By the way, for anyone reading today, we're preparing for Wilma if she ever decides to come to Florida. Otherwise, we're on track for a second, and hopefully final run-off from the mold this week. Over 10,000.00 worth of plastic has arrived, the bigger injector is here, and touch-up machining of the honeycomb sections of the panel is complete. More to report later in the week as it becomes available.
Old 10/24/05, 01:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Better hold on to those heavy molds Marcello... looks like you're going to get some bad weather.
Old 10/24/05, 05:43 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Ok, good news is we survived okay. I hope all of our Florida customers did as well, as Wilma turned out to be a bit rougher than expected for quite a few... we only lost two pine trees, one about a 70 footer. Power was out most of the day, but we're on a generator right now, and can see the crews a block away working on the transfomrer that probably caused our loss. Hopefully we'll be back on and off our own generator by morning.

I have not heard from the mold shop today, but hardly anyone was at work, and given their location, I'm sure they will be okay. I'll check in with them tomorrow to see if we are still on for this week's run-off.

Everyone else, stay safe. Only a few more weeks to go in this hurricane season!
Old 10/24/05, 06:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Glad to hear you guys are alright Marcello... I've a lot of family in the Ft Meyers area - They were pretty much unscathed except a lot of rain and only a couple of shingles ripped loose..

So - How's production???
Old 10/25/05, 08:56 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ordered mine tonight, now I just need a Pony to put it on !!!!!
Old 10/25/05, 09:01 PM

Placed my order last night! Can't wait.
Old 10/26/05, 10:58 PM
Legacy Tms Member

We're on track... Friday I am scheduled to watch another run-off of the mold, I'm hopeful that we will have a "finished" piece, and I can approve production. If the run doesn't go perfect, I don't expect it to be but maybe one more week after that, as even as bad as it looked on the last run, the mold fit well together, and there weren't many "real" issues to deal with other than getting the shot size taken care of with the larger injector.. everything else was kind of expected as part of the process.

We purchased and have 1 ton of material here waiting for injection, so it's really close. Also, pre-orders end Friday, so if you've been holding out, this will be the end of the pre-order pricing.

To everyone that has pre-orders, THANK YOU! ! ! You have helped us to financially see this through, and as well to give us the vision to complete what has become a major undertaking for a new company. I can't wait to get to work on some of the other pieces we have planned, but they will probalby start after the PRI show, as we have to put some effort into our booth, and soon so that we look good there.

Look for some pictures of our car's new graphics package in a couple weeks. We may even offer that to customers, although it is a bit "loud" for your typical street car. (but on a race car, it is right at home!)
Old 10/27/05, 06:40 PM
Bullitt Member

hey M, i still wanna sell these 4 ya, get back to me ok?
rickman
rdharman@iowatelecom.net
Old 10/28/05, 10:31 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Run is in the morning, got pushed back to Saturday.

I was bored with the prototype today, and found a Roush that a dealer had sitting at a bank... hmmm... camera+prototype+red roush = Cool shot. Note that this is still the prototype, so the lower and side fit isn't perfect, and it was just laid up on the car for the shot, no tape at all.

(Just as a little note - do you know how much two miles of 3M tape weighs!! Yikes!)

BTW, anyone who has not gotten in on the pre-order list.... sorry. It ends in about 1 hour on EBay, and then that's it. We will not be carrying the pre-order pricing on any longer, after this auction ends, it goes to regular price.

More pictures tomorrow night of what we get off the press.
Old 10/29/05, 08:32 AM
V6 Member

Looks pretty darn good to me, I can't wait to get mine. Do ya think you might be shipping soon?

Quick Reply: ABS Honeycomb taillight panel - SilverHorse Racing