05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

ABS Honeycomb taillight panel - SilverHorse Racing

Search this Thread

Old 12/18/05, 11:17 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, I have to work on the navigation a bit. Remember we're transitioning from just being a race team to a lot more, so I have to figure out the most logical way to lay it out. For the moment they landed with all the other pictures, rather than anywhere else..

** OK **

On edit - I moved customer cars to the main navigation pane, so now you can see them when you just go to the home page. As we release more products, the customer car section will split into sub-pages, but for right now a single page covering every color offered is working out okay.

Of course, we're looking for a picture of a honeycomb panel on a sonic blue car to round out our color wheel.
Old 12/18/05, 04:10 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 2k5GTC@December 18, 2005, 11:44 AM
*sniffle* So, I guess you didn't like MY Redfire pics! *sniffle*

Stever, I thought yours was very nice, too. The spoiler looks like a 3D Carbon also, however, my wife was in the room and if I wrote how much I like yours 'Topless" I might have gotten hit in the back of the noggin. So, since she is not here now, two Redfire's with my kind of spoiler and the panel are the Tops, & Topless
Old 12/18/05, 04:11 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 2k5GTC@December 18, 2005, 11:44 AM
*sniffle* So, I guess you didn't like MY Redfire pics! *sniffle*

Steve, I thought yours was very nice, too. The spoiler looks like a 3D Carbon also, however, my wife was in the room and if I wrote how much I like yours 'Topless" I might have gotten hit in the back of the noggin. So, since she is not here now, two Redfire's with my kind of spoiler and the panel are the Tops, & Topless

See, yours is sooooo good, I even double posted......Sorry everybody, but the WW hung up.
Old 12/18/05, 05:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by beh51@December 18, 2005, 12:42 PM
Hello Marcello,

The Honeycomb panel looks great. Thanks for making our Mustangs stand out.

I could not wait for warm weather, so did my best to warm up the car in the sun and then in the garage, and hope the tape sticks.

Here are a few photos. One of my wife's Stang without the Honeycomb panel and a couple with the Honeycomb panel. You can use these photos if you wish on you web site.

Regards, Bruce
My Photo Album:
Great looking car Bruce. I love the Silverhorse panel on all the 'stang colors, but on torch with tailight trim, it gets a double from me
Old 12/18/05, 11:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Firstly I need to give beh51 one of these :worship: for his 72 Demon and what appears to be a 69 1/2 6-Pack Superbee in his garage... what are the other beauties hiding in there?!?

Secondly, the gas cap, albeit well done from what I can see, isn't for me. With the fake gas-cap on the rear end standing out so brilliantly (especially when peeking out from the center of the honeycomb panel ( ), it's in the actual cap's best interest to stay as quiet and indescreet as possible. Sort of like how it comes from the factory... nearly invisible.

Thirdly, the amazing honeycomb panel sitting on my den floor is making me want to buy a second Mustang just so I can order another panel!
Old 12/19/05, 07:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree with you about the "real" gas cover not standing out. That's why when I get mine (without the GT logo), I will have it painted to match the car, leaving only the screw heads stainless.
Old 12/19/05, 04:24 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Yes, and the cap screws can be removed (they are actually threaded in, not glued fake caps) so you could remove them for whatever reason you wanted and then re-install them after.

Delivery got pushed back another day, so now it is looking like Thursday we will take delivery of our first pieces. They have assured me that all minor details I didn't approve of have been fixed, so we'll see what comes of it. As usual, I'm being picky...
Old 12/20/05, 07:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Stang looks good with that panel Bruce.
That being said.............OMG!........my jaw hit the table when I saw that 440 6bl emblem!
05GT,71 340 Demon and a 69 1/2 6Pak RR?
Aaaaah....... the perfect garage really does exist .
Old 12/21/05, 05:55 PM

Originally posted by daveyramone@December 19, 2005, 2:57 AM
Firstly I need to give beh51 one of these :worship: for his 72 Demon and what appears to be a 69 1/2 6-Pack Superbee in his garage... what are the other beauties hiding in there?!?

Secondly, the gas cap, albeit well done from what I can see, isn't for me. With the fake gas-cap on the rear end standing out so brilliantly (especially when peeking out from the center of the honeycomb panel ( ), it's in the actual cap's best interest to stay as quiet and indescreet as possible. Sort of like how it comes from the factory... nearly invisible.

Thirdly, the amazing honeycomb panel sitting on my den floor is making me want to buy a second Mustang just so I can order another panel!
Hi Dave,
The truth is, that I took these photos of my 06 Torch Red Stang in my friends MOPAR garage. I wish they were my Muscle cars.

The MOPARS that you see from the back in the garage are ;
1971 RoadRunner 440+6 BBL 4 Spd.,
1970 Hemicuda 4 Spd,
1970 F.A.S.T. class Copper color Hemi RoadRunner,
1970 F.A.S.T. class Black color Hemi RoadRunner,
1969 1/2 440+6 BBL4 Spd, White with Black Hood RoadRunner,
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPER BIRD 440+6 BBL 4 Spd.,
1967 GTX HEMI 4 SPD. 4.10 Dana,
1972 DODGE DEMON 340 GRAND SPAULDING SPECIAL.
& not shown he has a 1970 DODGE Challenger RT/SE 440 6 BBL 4SPD. 4.10 DANA.

Now that garage deserves a double drool & a
Bruce
Old 12/21/05, 09:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

The Demon is a Mr. Norm's car??? Drool. I know in 72 they started installing Paxton superchargers on the 340s in the Demons... man, I'd trade my 05 GT and my left nut for that car!
Old 12/23/05, 07:32 PM
GT Member

Marcello,

First, I just want to say your honeycomb panel looks, very nice work.Your attention to detail and quality is first rate.

My take is you're working on a "flush" mount (window replacement) set of louvers for the '05-'06. You've mentioned something about the metal under the glass that is limiting louver shape (opening is smaller than the glass area), I've included 2 pic's (1 of a '65-'66 fastback and the other of a '67-'68 fastback), both of these are very close to being flush. The '65-'66 more so than the '67-'68, but could something like this work a little better than a totally flush louver. This would allow for a little "lapover" past the opening thus pulling the louver slightly out away for this "metal" intrusion. The '67-'68 style may be even better since the smaller louvers wouldn't be quite as "deep". I assume the grill still wouldn't be able to be right near the edge (still need a "border" wide enough before reaching the recessed area). Thanks for your efforts, I'm sure if you're able to come up with a set of "flush" mounted louvers they will be very good. Can't wait to see your's.
Old 12/23/05, 07:34 PM
GT Member

Marcello,

First, I just want to say your honeycomb panel looks great, very nice work. Your attention to detail and quality is first rate.

My take is you're working on a "flush" mount (window replacement) set of louvers for the '05-'06. You've mentioned something about the metal under the glass that is limiting louver shape (opening is smaller than the glass area), I've included 2 pic's (1 of a '65-'66 fastback and the other of a '67-'68 fastback), both of these are very close to being flush. The '65-'66 more so than the '67-'68, but could something like this work a little better than a totally flush louver. This would allow for a little "lapover" past the opening thus pulling the louver slightly out away for this "metal" intrusion. The '67-'68 style may be even better since the smaller louvers wouldn't be quite as "deep". I assume the grill still wouldn't be able to be right near the edge (still need a "border" wide enough before reaching the recessed area). Thanks for your efforts, I'm sure if you're able to come up with a set of "flush" mounted louvers they will be very good. Can't wait to see your's.
Old 12/24/05, 11:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Woo Hoo

We got an unseasonably warm day up in the Northeast, and I was able to get my panel pemanently installed (with the aid of a hair dryer raising the surface temp enough to make everything "legit" )

This has to be one of my absolute favorite mods
Old 12/25/05, 02:46 AM
Cobra Member

Looks nice. Bet you can't wait for sunny weather and warmer temps!
Old 12/25/05, 06:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by CelticNut@December 25, 2005, 4:49 AM
Looks nice. Bet you can't wait for sunny weather and warmer temps!
LOL...you're sure correct about that
Old 12/25/05, 11:40 AM
V6 Member

I too finally had a warm day and the honeycomb panel went on. It looks awesome!!! Thanks Marcello (if you want a large res picture for your site, drop me a pm or e-mail)!!!

Old 12/25/05, 04:45 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Looks Great! I'll use this shot, re-sized to match the rest. I like the ducktail, looks like a clean installation.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a warm night!
Old 12/25/05, 05:03 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Originally posted by pumpkinfish@December 25, 2005, 1:43 PM
I too finally had a warm day and the honeycomb panel went on. It looks awesome!!! Thanks Marcello (if you want a large res picture for your site, drop me a pm or e-mail)!!!
IMO you have a very tastefully done car. Love the color, panel and ducktail combination.
Old 12/29/05, 08:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

I would have posted earlier but didn't want the wife to find out before Christmas. Thanks, Marcello, for a quality piece! I finally got a chance to do a trial fit. I was anxious to see how the panel would fit with the Auto Ventshade taillight bezels. Not bad but will have to (very slightly) trim the panel curved edges at the top inside corners of the taillights. Looks like more of a rub than interference actually. This going to look great with the rest of the Mach1 theme we are planning! Here's a pic (hope I did this right).

Old 12/29/05, 08:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Any Black Mustang owners have one yet? I'm on the fence and curious what it would look like on a black GT, Especially a vert.

Quick Reply: ABS Honeycomb taillight panel - SilverHorse Racing