05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

ABS Honeycomb taillight panel - SilverHorse Racing

Search this Thread

Old 11/22/05, 07:58 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As promised, we were back at the mold shop today, inspecting the latest run. The molders had hoped I was giving a 100% green-light, but there were three things that caught my eye, and therefore I told them to fix them. Of the issues, none really affect it once installed on the car, and 99% of our customers might not notice, but I imagine everyone reading this might notice, so I’m having them handle it now, rather than later. Remember that I am inspecting this at a distance of 6 inches, not installed on the car from 10 feet away, so these are real minor issues we are talking about at this point. Just so everyone knows – my wife and brother both looked at the part and think I’m nuts for not shipping it as is, but they have known me long enough not to bother arguing about it!

All three were related to the modifications that took place last week to fix the flow issues, which in turn created these new issues which didn’t exist in last week’s run (and yes, we do keep pieces from each run to compare). The part also grew an ounce this past week, but still comes in just shy of 2 lbs. Oh, and the vinyl tape mentioned a couple weeks ago should not be required. The actual pieces fit so close that we do not feel it will be needed, even on cars with “smaller” emblems.

So how is this good news? Well, of the three issues left, two are polishing issues in small areas, and the third is for some minor sandblasting on the “non-operating” side of the mold. They should all be wrapped up tomorrow, meaning that we will be producing parts this week (the mold shop runs three shifts), and shipping as soon as we can tape and box them after that, meaning come Monday, parts will be going out to everyone as fast as we can get them moving. The piece we will be shipping to you will be what you have been waiting for, and we thank all of you for your patience and support.

Of course, next week is the PRI show in Orlando, which we all will be in attendance at, but we still expect to get most, if not all of our pre-orders shipped out during next week. We will be using email to individually notify you when the part ships from us, so expect a few days time in transit depending on how far you are from us after shipment is made.

Thanks again to everyone who has waited patiently for this to come out. We hope that you will be satisfied with your purchase, and will let you know of future offerings as they become available.
Old 11/23/05, 02:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright! How do you ship? Please tell me it's by UPS! Hopefully the unseasonably warm weather sticks around long enough to put it on when I get it. I hate putting 3M tape on cold body parts.
Old 11/23/05, 05:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Please say it's not UPS! I'll end up with $100 brokerage fees on my $89.00 part!
Old 11/23/05, 07:10 PM
Legacy Tms Member

The parts will go either by USPS or FedEx depending upon destination. We're really doing a case-by-case to get the parts out as quickly as possible, and at the lowest cost. All Canadian orders will go USPS parcel ground, which is like 3-7 days delivery, while continental US shipments will go by either method, depending upon who is fastest for the best price to a particular geographic area.

UPS in this area lost our business a long time ago, and would have to work hard to get it back. So far, they haven't seemed to miss us, and so we spend our money with those that give us the service we need.

BTW, I was back at the mold shop today, parts are looking good, amazing to see them coming off the mold. They will be closed tomorrow and Friday after all, but will re-open on Saturday for us to go and get the first batch. How many? We don't know, it will be whatever they can produce beteen now and then. The rest will get into the pipeline next week, and we will deifinitely have enough to fill all pre-orders by the end of next week.

As to cold... it's only about 40 here in FL right now! Have to turn on the heat inside to apply the tape to the parts!!

(Yeah baby, I'm happy at this point! We're in the homestretch!!)
Old 11/24/05, 09:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeppers! The day has come, order yours today here...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:MESE:IT
:worship:

rickman@showlenses.com
Old 11/24/05, 11:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'm getting excited over this, Today I took my dealer sticker off of the trunk so that its all set to put this on. I just hope the weather stays decent so that its not too cold for the tape.
Old 11/25/05, 05:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by yur1279@November 24, 2005, 12:36 PM
I'm getting excited over this, Today I took my dealer sticker off of the trunk so that its all set to put this on. I just hope the weather stays decent so that its not too cold for the tape.
Me too, the space heaters are prepped and ready to blast my tail in the garage for about an hour so the tape WILL stick...stay tuned for pics!
Old 11/27/05, 08:46 AM
Bullitt Member

So heres a crazy idea. Could a spacer be put behind the emblem to bring it out close to flush with the cutout?

On the Stangs that had the gas cap in the rear panel they stuck out alot further than the faux gascap on the 05s.

Its just a thought.

Thats a sharp looking piece.
Old 11/27/05, 09:41 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Sure you *could* do that, but it was designed to meet the emblem at it's current location with the taper we put in on the circle around it.

I know exactly what you are speaking of (can see it on my 73) but the panel there is flat, thinner, and goes under the gas cap before the gas cap is screwed into place. Since we didn't want people to have to remove their emblem for installation, this is how it was decided we would do it.

Thanks for the compliment. We have worked pretty hard to get to this point with it.

Back to figuring out how to handle all these parts.... (good problem)
Old 11/29/05, 07:23 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Ok people... I've been really nice up until now, but I have to say something...

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT YOUR PICTURES!!

People should have started receiving parts today, so I'll be expecting to see some good pictures of the backs of ponies in the near future, otherwise I'll be photoshopping some color on our car! We picked up another 75 parts today, and will be getting tham out as quickly as possible.

To see the panels stacked on pallets, wrapped and waiting for trimming / taping is awesome. I wish I had my camera today to shoot a picture, it was priceless, and when we go back next week to finish picking up our "startup" run, they will be all boxed in packs of 15, so they won't be laid out like they were today, just wrapped in plastic...

Still, a good sight to see. And don't be surprised if some of the pictures end up on our website too! (unless of course you don't want it posted...)
Old 11/29/05, 08:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Send me mine, and I will take several pics, and yes you can most definatly use them on your site! I can't wait, where is that Big Brown Truck!!!!!
Old 11/29/05, 09:19 PM
Legacy Tms Member

No brown for us... unless requested specifically by our customers. FedEx green and blue or USPS eagle. But you can watch for the mail man if you like, might provide better results!
Old 11/29/05, 09:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Scott@November 29, 2005, 9:40 PM
Send me mine, and I will take several pics, and yes you can most definatly use them on your site! I can't wait, where is that Big Brown Truck!!!!!
I want mine too! and the seven on order for my customers ...If you ship them... Pics will come. :scratch: is there a movie link in there?
Keep up the Shipping department morale, take your helpers for a ride in your stang, then get back to work!
we want honey! we want honey! we want honey!
Old 11/30/05, 12:54 PM
GT Member

wow, i hated that on the SN95's....looks awesome on the S197's...i'd like to see it on some other colors because i dont know if its the black-to-white offset but thats looks NICE!
Old 11/30/05, 01:19 PM
Cobra Member

That piece looks really nice - takes me back to the earlier Mustangs......I think it will look great on the yellow, white, red Mustangs - not sure how it would look on my black GT though.

Nice job!!
Old 11/30/05, 05:17 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally posted by HOTLAP@November 30, 2005, 2:22 PM
That piece looks really nice - takes me back to the earlier Mustangs......I think it will look great on the yellow, white, red Mustangs - not sure how it would look on my black GT though.

Nice job!!
Submitted for your approval on a black GT:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2005-mu...html#post407679
Old 11/30/05, 08:26 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Mine came in today, but required a signature so they took it back to the post office. I'll pick it up tomorrow.
Old 12/1/05, 10:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Still no word of anybody having their panel installed?

Anyone? Anyone?
Old 12/1/05, 10:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2005-mu...anel-39913.html
Old 12/1/05, 11:31 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Picked mine up today. I'll try to prop it up or something and get some pics, but it won't "officially" get installed until Monday.

Looks awesome!!!

Quick Reply: ABS Honeycomb taillight panel - SilverHorse Racing