05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

ABS Honeycomb taillight panel - SilverHorse Racing

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/05, 12:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope mine comes soon. I'm running out of decent days to install it!
Old 12/1/05, 01:00 PM
V6 Member

I'm looking forward to mine as well. I sure hope he's sending them out according to when they were ordered. I ordered mine July 18th and keep looking for that confirming e-mail for shipment.....
Old 12/1/05, 01:46 PM

Originally posted by Limeaid@December 1, 2005, 2:03 PM
I'm looking forward to mine as well. I sure hope he's sending them out according to when they were ordered. I ordered mine July 18th and keep looking for that confirming e-mail for shipment.....

Me too, I ordered mine on July 13. Looking forward to that e'mail as well.
Old 12/1/05, 05:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Marcello, I just received mine. WOW what a nice piece I pulled it out of the box and was like, "Oh my GOD this thing is unreal!" It was well worth the wait - it's perfect. Thanks!
Old 12/1/05, 07:14 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You guys (and girls) do not have a clue how HAPPY it makes me to hear that you are happy with our product. I have been SO worried about the quality, fitment, etc. that I was really on edge, especially when things were behind and the press was not producing good parts. Knowing that you are happy with it is like a giant weight being lifted off of me, making for some of those long days (and nights) to be worth it.

Everyone who's waiting, we're going as fast as we can, but unfotunately, we're all at the PRI (Performance Racing Industry) show from Tuesday until Saturday which was scheduled back in March, and unfortunately landed the same week as our finished product. We have the product at our facility, but with no one to do final inspection (read me) and adhesion promoter / tape installation (read me and my one employee) it will be Sunday when the next round are packed and prepared to go out. Expect about the next 50-60 orders to recieve e-mails on Sunday evening for Monday delivery, and hopefully the rest will go Monday and Tuesday of next week. By next Friday we should have everyone taken care of.

And as always, a big THANKS to everyone.

Oh.. ONE MORE THING:

Pick up the February 2006 issue of Mustang Enthusiast if you can, it will be on newsstands within the next week or so. Pgs. 62-64 and pg. 84 might be of interest to you
Old 12/1/05, 08:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mine's probably sitting at customs...
Old 12/2/05, 06:14 AM

Can't wait to install the Honeycomb panel.
Old 12/2/05, 06:26 AM

Originally posted by beh51@December 2, 2005, 9:17 AM

Hello Marcello,

I am wondering what is the temperature that is recommended for the installation of the Honeycomb panel?
The temperature at this time of the year in Connecticut is around the 30s & 40s, and usually the temperature for installing items with the 3M tape is around 60 degrees. We will not get that temperature until March or April. I do not want to wait that long.

I will sent you some photos of before & after I install the Honeycomb panel. javascript:emoticon('')

Is it possible to have the panel shipped per USPS or Fedex without signing for the item. There is nobody home at my house during the day, except for the cats, and they are under strict orders to not open the door for anyone. I do not want to wait an additional day or 2 if I can help it.
Thanks, Bruce
Old 12/2/05, 06:39 AM
Bullitt Member

USPS with signature will work for me because the post office is only a mile or so away and I'll have to go there to get mine.

If it comes Fed-Ex for a signature and they only come during the day while I'm at work - that will be a problem because the FEd Ex terminal is about 20m from my house and the drive there is terrible (busy city streets all the way)..
Old 12/2/05, 07:02 AM
Bullitt Member

OK guys, when ya order, this works for anything, just specify the work address. No problem.
order up?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:MESE:IT

as for temp, just put her in someones garage and set a space heater on a box or crate to gently warm the trunk panel long before ya install and you'll be fine.
right Marcello?
thats what i'm gonna do!
SOON
Old 12/2/05, 07:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I just ordered one from Rich (procrastinated and missed the preorder). All you guys saying how beautiful the piece is just wore me down
Old 12/2/05, 07:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by yur1279@December 1, 2005, 2:38 PM
I hope mine comes soon. I'm running out of decent days to install it!
Too late for me now. Winter has finally arrived in north Texas. Now I wish I had gotten my summer project done of insulating and heating the garage! :bang:
Old 12/2/05, 07:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 2k5GTC@December 2, 2005, 9:33 AM
Too late for me now. Winter has finally arrived in north Texas. Now I wish I had gotten my summer project done of insulating and heating the garage! :bang:
Too late in North Texas? :scratch:

Geez, I'm shafted way up in Boston then

Old 12/2/05, 01:35 PM
RCW
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's Arrived !!

Marcello,

WOW !

I picked my panel up today at the post office as it was too big for the postal carrier to put in my mail box. I can attest, that it was worth the wait. I am extremely satisfied with the quality of the material, the workmanship and fit. It would be warm enough tomorrow to install it however, I have to wait for another day due to my son's high school football playoff game is tomorrow in Dallas Cowboy Stadium, an all day event.

Thanks for all of the hard work and keeping us informed. :worship:

RCW
Old 12/2/05, 05:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok gang. who is spreading rumors that it has to be warm to install this?
body shops do graphic and trim work all winter w/no problems.

as stated above, just give a friend (with a garage) a couple beers then warm up the tail ang stick your honey to your trunk...10-4?

it is gonna be 10 degrees in iowa next week and my honey will be installed. no problem
Old 12/2/05, 07:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by rdh03mach1@December 2, 2005, 7:09 PM
Ok gang. who is spreading rumors that it has to be warm to install this?
body shops do graphic and trim work all winter w/no problems.

as stated above, just give a friend (with a garage) a couple beers then warm up the tail ang stick your honey to your trunk...10-4?

it is gonna be 10 degrees in iowa next week and my honey will be installed. no problem
Ditto here actually I was just kidding around. Nothing will keep that off the car once it's in my hot little mitts
Old 12/2/05, 07:51 PM
RCW
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, it was above 60 degrees in my garage after dinner tonight, and well, I could not stand looking at my panel in the box anymore. So I got brave and installed it. WOW, it looks fantastic.

As far as installation tips:
1. Follow the installation sheet instructions exactly, and very carefully.
2. Practice placing it over the false fuel cap / medallion
and lining it up a few times at the outboard corners so as to be
level, before you pull the protective backing from the tape for the
final step.

As I stated earlier, I am extremely satisfied with this great accent to the rear of my baby.

Thanks again, Marcello. :worship:

RCW
Old 12/2/05, 08:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by RCW@December 2, 2005, 9:54 PM

Well, it was above 60 degrees in my garage after dinner tonight, and well, I could not stand looking at my panel in the box anymore. So I got brave and installed it. WOW, it looks fantastic.

Old 12/2/05, 08:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 2k5GTC@December 2, 2005, 9:38 PM

what he said!
Old 12/2/05, 09:29 PM
V6 Member

Well, I just ordered my honeycomb taillight panel. I also ordered the rear taillight chrome bezel trim kit for even more of the retro look. I think it will compliment the honeycomb panel, the chrome fake gascap, and the chrome tips on my JBAs with my black top vert. I'll post pics when I get everything in.

Quick Reply: ABS Honeycomb taillight panel - SilverHorse Racing