05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

ABS Honeycomb taillight panel - SilverHorse Racing

Search this Thread

Old 12/29/05, 08:14 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, we have a picture of one on our site, it's a coupe and taken in the garage, but it's a start of how it looks anyway.

Boy, that yellow one looks nice. I'm having trouble deciding whether or not to make out taillight frames or not...lots of competition already out there, and that looks good on there.

Awww what the hey... just have to finalize the design
Old 12/29/05, 10:35 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a pic of the taillight panel on a Mineral Grey with spoiler delete. Personally I think the panel completely changes the look of the back of the car! It's awesome Marcello! Thanks!

Old 12/29/05, 10:50 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Thanks!

You know, it's everyone here that has made it possible for me to really believe that I can make a go of turning my passion into my job, so long as we keep the quality and price of our products where we have them now. Now it's just a matter of getting more pieces off the drawing board / prototype land and onto the cars!

FWIW, we are still not able to catch-up and get ahead of the orders they are coming in so quick! I thought we'd have gotten ahead this week, but we're already out of stock again as of tonight, and won't replenish until Monday, when we should take delivery on enough to hold us for maybe two weeks. Of course, I thought that 3 weeks ago...

Oh, and I'm not sure, but this looks like the #1 viewed thread in exterior mods ever! Over 10k views now, and that's not just me hitting the refresh button I'm sure!

Here's to making our Mustangs great! !!

BTW - If I'm not around the forums for the next couple of days - HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone! Here's a hint... we just applied for our own SSL for our website... And I intend on offering what I feel are the best products available at the best price I can to everyone.

Back to work....it's only 1:00am here !!
Old 12/30/05, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another MG spoiler delete. Thanks for the great product, this is what the plain jane rear end needed, now I just need that ducktail to finish it off.
Old 12/30/05, 03:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just talked my pop into ordering one for his performance white GT. Now he wants taillight bezels, stripes, and all the trimmings And he wasn't going to mod anything....
Old 12/30/05, 03:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by rickoshay@December 29, 2005, 9:16 AM

Rich, where did you purchace your Auto Ventshade taillight bezels. Is that a flat blackish or satin color. They look great.

-Scott
Old 12/31/05, 07:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by srichard@December 30, 2005, 6:37 PM
Rich, where did you purchace your Auto Ventshade taillight bezels. Is that a flat blackish or satin color. They look great.

-Scott

Thanks Scott,

Here's the link:

http://www.newwavemustang.com/

On their home page highlight "exterior" then "accessories". Click and scroll down to item #35610 - Taillight Shades. HTH! They are a translucent "smoked" color but I painted mine with trim black before installing (for that '70 Boss 302 look).
Old 12/31/05, 09:25 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by SilverHorseRacing@December 30, 2005, 12:53 AM
Thanks!

Now it's just a matter of getting more pieces off the drawing board / prototype land and onto the cars!

First off, thanks for the compliments on my car! I park with my car's rear right out my front door and I am greeted by the honeycomb panel every morning. I think this was the perfect finish piece the car needed for the rear view. Combined with my duck tail it is awesome!!!

Marcello I can't wait to see what you are cooking up. Hopefully I can be a "tester"...lol!
Old 12/31/05, 01:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by rickoshay@December 31, 2005, 8:12 AM
Thanks Scott,

Here's the link:

http://www.newwavemustang.com/

On their home page highlight "exterior" then "accessories". Click and scroll down to item #35610 - Taillight Shades. HTH! They are a translucent "smoked" color but I painted mine with trim black before installing (for that '70 Boss 302 look).
I'm getting these for sure. Thanks for the link.
Old 12/31/05, 01:52 PM
Legacy Tms Member

You might want to hold out until you see ours...

Let me get the fuel doors sorted out this week, and we'll get to work on the taillight bezels. We're going to do black and chrome, and they are going to be nice. Can't say the details just yet, just that I have been working on them, and am pretty close to running off the prototype pieces.
Old 12/31/05, 01:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Keep us informed on your tail light bezels. I was interested in checking out where to get a set to go with my tail light panel, but if you are going to make them, I'll wait for yours. Your stuff is definitely worth waiting for! Keep up the super work!
Old 12/31/05, 05:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SilverHorseRacing@December 31, 2005, 3:55 PM

Let me get the fuel doors sorted out this week, and we'll get to work on the taillight bezels. We're going to do black and chrome, and they are going to be nice. Can't say the details just yet, just that I have been working on them, and am pretty close to running off the prototype pieces.
Ah crap! You are gonna make me go broke! :bang:
Old 1/1/06, 12:41 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by SilverHorseRacing@December 31, 2005, 2:55 PM

Since I just ordered a rear panel from you, it would be easy for you to just throw a couple black tailight bezels in the box--wouldn't it!?
Old 1/1/06, 10:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Sounds good Marcello... I will wait for yours. Keep us posted.
Old 1/1/06, 11:35 AM
GT Member

I vote for tail light bezels that fill in the spaces between the vertical light sections. I don't want them to cover any of the functioning light sections. I would like to make the talilights sections look seperated by black. That would match your honeycomb panel perfectly. By the way, looking forward to Monday for my panel delivery.
Old 1/8/06, 08:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SilverHorseRacing@December 31, 2005, 3:55 PM

Any undates on the bezels and no-logo fuel doors Marcello?
Old 1/8/06, 09:27 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Hey everyone!

I didn't see any emails that the topic had been updated, so I haven't been by in a few days to see it, sorry if anyone thought I was ignoring it, I wasn't.

Anyway, status -

Fuel Doors are in stock in 4 styles:

GT Satin Brushed
GT Black Anodized Brushed
Non-Logo Satin Brushed
Non-Logo Black Anodized Brushed

We also have the prototypes done of the older doors for the 94-04 cars, but I don't have any of them in stock yet except for the photo prototypes.

The taillight bezels - we are working on them now that the bugs are out of the fuel doors and they are in production. I wish I could get to everything at once, but it just takes time to get these things right. The fuel doors alone were a four-month project to get the fixturing, measurements, suppliers, etc.. all lined up. Now that we're able to "automate" them, we can move on and get the bezels done. I expect to have some prototype shots of them done in about 3 weeks or so, but we are doing these in-house, and only farming out the anodizing.

On edit - worthless without pics, I know!!
Old 1/8/06, 09:30 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally posted by MOstang@January 1, 2006, 1:44 AM
Since I just ordered a rear panel from you, it would be easy for you to just throw a couple black tailight bezels in the box--wouldn't it!?
Yes, only if I had them done...
Old 1/12/06, 07:42 PM
V6 Member

Here's the new look on my '06 Tungsten. Could this possibly be the first Tungsten with the panel!?
Old 1/12/06, 11:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by MOstang@January 12, 2006, 10:45 PM
Here's the new look on my '06 Tungsten. Could this possibly be the first Tungsten with the panel!?
Check back a few pages, I've had one on my Tungsten with black stripes for a while now, one of the first (page 8 post# 147). Looks awesome on the TG!!!

Quick Reply: ABS Honeycomb taillight panel - SilverHorse Racing