Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Shelby Cobra GT500 Photos

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/05, 06:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Webba@April 12, 2005, 2:47 PM
It was what is common referred to as a "joke". I am sorry if you have no sense of humor or didnt find it funny.......
O.K. now that you've shared your humorous "joke", care to answer the question? If not, please give Mr. Mustang, or someone else the opportunity to answer it that may have a comprehensive, logistical answer. I'm pretty sure you don't!

Apparently, you think it's funny when someone butts in with sarcasm, when one member asks another member a question? I think it's ignorant. At least you could have had the courtesy to let someone answer the question FIRST, that has the knowledge, before you showed us YOUR level of humor!
Old 4/12/05, 07:02 PM

Old 4/12/05, 10:04 PM
Cobra Member

Isn't anybody tired of reading the same material over and over again? I wan't to hear new and accurate information....
Old 4/13/05, 05:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

No Merlot I just didnt realize how much of an **** pr*ck you are. Sorry for my misunderstanding. It was a joke. Numerous ones have been made on here in reference to the price gouging of the Shelby. But you take offense to mine. Oh well. I guess you would have felt better if I had told you what it was, like I would really know seeing as NONE of us have been inside the darn car yet. I dont know what it is this past week but it seems there is lot of bickering going on. Maybe a full moon or something. Its kind of junior high. If we cant laugh once in a while in this world we are doomed.
Old 4/13/05, 06:02 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Merlot@April 12, 2005, 1:03 PM
So.... the 2 main gauges are mph, and rpm [tack]
the 4 smaller gauges are water, oil, fuel, boost.

What are the 2 gauges on the pillar? only thing left I can think of is battery, and I can't see it being put there, I could see an oil pressure gauge, instead of the dummy gauge being there, especially where they were testing it out.
I figure that since the car Mr. Shelby was in, was a mule, they added a boost and oil temp gauge before they had the new SVT gauges completed. Just a guess though.
Old 4/13/05, 09:59 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Merlot+April 12, 2005, 10:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Merlot @ April 12, 2005, 10:01 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Mystic_Cobra@April 12, 2005, 9:22 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Merlot
@April 12, 2005, 9:37 AM

Thought some of you might be interested. On the home page, click on "2005 NY Auto Show", then "my report 365 photos", then click on "Shelby Cobra GT 500 Reveal", and go half way down the page, and click on "more photos". Now, go halfway down the page, count down to the 10th photo on the left hand column.

You see a photo of the Shelby steering wheel, but when you click on to it, this is what appears. What is the red button for on the dash? Also, check out the 2 gauges on the pillar.

I'm pretty sure this is the interior of the red mule that we've seen many times. I'm also pretty sure the red button is the "kill switch". The gauges were probably added to keep an eye on things while development was underway. I noticed these things awhile back but can't remember if there was discussion about them.
thanks! kill switch sounds logical. wonder what the gauges are...... boost? oil pressure? wonder if they will be situated there on the production model?
[/b][/quote]

It's obviously not the real thing. Check out the emblem on the steering wheel, it's still the horse.
Old 4/14/05, 09:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is a test mule for sure, but, check out the seats. They are the nicer leather and even has the Cobra emblem on the backrest. I thought that was odd for a test mule. I guess you gotta test the emblems, too.
Old 4/14/05, 06:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Webba@April 13, 2005, 5:22 AM
No Merlot I just didnt realize how much of an **** pr*ck you are. Sorry for my misunderstanding. It was a joke. Numerous ones have been made on here in reference to the price gouging of the Shelby. But you take offense to mine. Oh well. I guess you would have felt better if I had told you what it was, like I would really know seeing as NONE of us have been inside the darn car yet. I dont know what it is this past week but it seems there is lot of bickering going on. Maybe a full moon or something. Its kind of junior high. If we cant laugh once in a while in this world we are doomed.
:nono: :nono: That's it; show your true colors. Yes, I did take offence to yours. Do you know why? Because before I spend $50,000, I'd like to know everything I can about the car. Like I said before, if you did'nt have an answer, and it was obvious you did'nt, because you did'nt reply, why not let someone reply that did ? It may not have been the correct one, but at least it would be an answer. Better than what you gave. "NONE" of us has been in the car yet? What about Brad? Seems to me I've seen a picture with him sitting in it. Maybe you should check out some of the photo's he's posted.

As for the first sentence, thanks for the compliment! You see their useful, Your not!
Old 4/16/05, 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am very interested in this car if it ends up less than 40K. Some earlier posts stated they would do mods to this car. Not me. I will keep it 100% as from the factory. I want to enjoy it and also protect my investment. 100% factory will help keep its value.
Old 6/4/05, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey everyone miss me not being in this topic now how can you have a topic without me being in it i am in every other one why not this one thats what i said to myself. Merlot dont pay attention to webba he dont know what he is talking about anyway and your right merlot i would like to know everything i can about the shelby before i buy it also. SO how is everybody doing?
Old 6/4/05, 01:25 PM
Bullitt Member

That is one awesome car i hope they dont change the production car and make it look not so mean looking like they did the mustangs out right now. Dont get me wrong i love the look of the new mustangs but the concept mustang they showed everyone now that was mean looking compared to the mustangs out right now they just look tame compared to the concept one. Please ford make the production shelby look mean like the concept one dont to much to the production one please. I dont understand why companys dont just make the concept cars production cars can anyone explain that to me. Myself i have always thought the concept looks alot better then the production cars anyone else agree?
Old 7/18/05, 03:02 PM
Cobra Member

== i hope they dont change the production car and make it look not so mean==

They've ALREADY changed it. Check out the new pics floating around of the yellow Shelby. Ugly rear spoiler, lousy stripe job, funky hood (and I don't mean "good" funky), no more two tone interior, no more SHELBY letters out back. A huge step down from the red/ white proto.
Old 7/19/05, 02:01 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Tres Wright@July 18, 2005, 3:05 PM

They've ALREADY changed it. Check out the new pics floating around of the yellow Shelby. Ugly rear spoiler, lousy stripe job, funky hood (and I don't mean "good" funky), no more two tone interior, no more SHELBY letters out back. A huge step down from the red/ white proto.
Haven't seen the yellow pics? Where can I find them? Is there a post on here with pictures of the yellow one?
Old 7/26/05, 11:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Tres Wright@July 18, 2005, 3:05 PM

You're buying too much into a "test mule" car.

And btw, i laughed my **** off at Webbs comment. Thanks for the chuckle, you didn't offend everyone !!
Old 8/9/05, 11:44 AM
V6 Member

What about pricing, has that been released yet?
Old 8/9/05, 12:15 PM
GT Member

No, it probably won't happen until spring after they unveil the actual production car. I think the latest plan is to go on sale in late summer/early fall 06.
Old 9/3/05, 05:21 PM

Here are some pics my buddy took on his cellphone camera.

[attachmentid=32661][attachmentid=32662][attachmentid=32663]
Old 9/3/05, 11:39 PM
Cobra Member

well looks like it is almost final.
Old 12/10/05, 11:24 PM
GT Member

I don't like the new hood - looks like someone left their floor mats on the hood to dry
I can kinda understand if they are functional 'air extractors', but still ugly IMO. I'd much rather see the cleaner earlier version shown on the Red proto.