Old 2/1/06, 11:37 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Nice kit with some good oomph I'm sure
Old 2/1/06, 11:57 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Pitch Black@February 1, 2006, 8:36 AM
umm.. I got a Question... ATI Procharger is offering a 50-85% increase. depending on which stage you get. 388hp at the fly and aprox. 444lbs of torque With Stage 2. while vortech is offering 319hp @ the fly and 330lbs of torque. And Cheaper.. So what is the advantage of getting a vortech. I am really interested in getting a supercharger once my warranty is off the car. with 17,000 miles and it being a year on May 21st I think I will hit 30000 miles pretty easy... So can you compare the ATI & Vortech Chargers?
Thanks
Coleman
Procharger's system is producing more power at 7PSI of boost than Vortech's is at 9-10 PSI of boost.

However, in hindsight I would have GLADLY gone for the Vortech system. Vortech seems to have a working tune, and their customer support seems to be light years better.

It's not worth the few extra horsepower for the procharger, get the Vortech. They seem like they'll definitely take care of you , and you won't be left carless. Procharger makes a good system, but included with their kit is a non-working tune and plenty of bullpoo. So unless you like heaping gobs of bullpoo, stay away.

Until Procharger re-releases their kits with a few changes (working tune, fuel injectors with the 7PSI kit, upgraded fuel pump with the 9PSI kit), they simply don't work out of the box. So it's not even a contest. Right now, with Vortech, you're buying a complete product. With Procharger, you are not.
Old 2/1/06, 01:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Well put belial, just goes to show how bad their service is if you are recommended someone elses product, even though its not as efficient.
Old 2/1/06, 01:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by MSP@February 1, 2006, 6:23 AM
These are not good pictures.. Its dark out.. I'll take better ones later..

Like I said, sorry for the quality!!
It looks much better in person... Also, I need to get you guys a clip of the iidle... Its sounds awsome... When i sit at a stop light, people look over to see whats making that noise.. LOL!! Its not loud by any means.. Its actually pretty quiet.. When I get the Prochamber put on, I doubt you will even hear it.. But it does make a very nice subtle sound..
Looks great MSP, congrats! I like how the blue plumbing matches your car.
Old 2/1/06, 05:41 PM
MSP
Banned

Hey Guys!! First off, I set my Dyno Jet dyno run for in the morning.. They are by appointment only at 2 different shops.. So the Dyno info and pic will be tomorrow...

Next I got the Pro-Chamber put on, and the consensus was to keep it the way I had it previously without the Single Chamber mufflers.. In one word, the car sound awsome...

The SOTP feeling has increase tremendously with the addition of the dual exhaust...

I went down to Speed Merchant to pick up a boost gauge so I can install it tomorrow.. Well, when I drove up, everyone or all the mechanics ran out of the shop.. I kept the hood closed initially, and everyone was saying "darn that GT sounds good"!... So I say ok, well let me open the hood.. One of the Mechanics noticed the intake, and said wait a minute, thats not the GT,and said thats a V6!... LOL!! everyone started laughing, and asked what exhaust I had on it.. Its raining out, so the ground is wet.. The older Mechanic, maybe in his late 40's early 50's laid on the ground to look under the car, and this thing is sweet.. It definatley sounds like a V8.. He said the only way he could tell it was a V6, was by looking at the intake after opened the hood...

So the Prochamber Dual exhaust has definately sweetend everything up.

I just cant describe how hard the car pulls now, as opposed to yesterday.. Also, the Superchager seems alittle more at ease, cause when I shift, and the rpm's drop, you can hear the supercharger spool down with the motor after each gear shift..

The Prochamber exhaust gets deeper now as the rpms rise... I guess its because of the Supercharger creating more pressure as the rpms rise.. In turn, for each explosion of the engine, its done with more force...

I will try and make a quick video of the sound, and take some picks of my Stewart Warner Boost gauge and pod... I m going to mount it at eye level or slightly below eye level on the drivers side pillar... I want to see it without looking away from the road..

So the dyno info and picture will be done tomorrow morning along with a dyno video filmed using my camera..
Old 2/1/06, 06:21 PM
MSP
Banned

Ok guys, I made the video.. This is using my small camera as the camcorder.. I am uploading the video off of my camera now.. After I will see the size of it.. If its to large, I will need someone to host it.. Thanks.. Stand by!!
Old 2/1/06, 06:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by MSP@February 1, 2006, 9:24 PM
Ok guys, I made the video.. This is using my small camera as the camcorder.. I am uploading the video off of my camera now.. After I will see the size of it.. If its to large, I will need someone to host it.. Thanks.. Stand by!!
Can't wait! Is that Prochamber on yet?
Old 2/1/06, 06:24 PM
Cobra R Member

www.supload.com has a pretty high limit i think
Old 2/1/06, 06:39 PM
MSP
Banned

Ok guys.. The quality is not the best... Also, my exhaust is so deep it does distort the microphone alittle bit.. I got to close to the exhaust...

Here is the Link!!

http://media.putfile.com/Vortech-HO-V6--Prochamber
Old 2/1/06, 08:53 PM
Bullitt Member

WOW! That is amazing!.. i cant wait until i get my supercharger.. im stuck between vortech and the x charger.. vortech says it uses the Predator.. seems like the SCT is the most popular though... MSP did you ever watch some of the install?... If you know anything about it did it seem fairly easy? Im just on the edge about the tapping the oil.... BTW MSP those Revs in the clip sound SCARY! it sounds like one badA%# V-8 to me! Good job on everything keep us posted on how the car is on daily drives and how it holds up ( which im sure you will anyways) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/1/06, 09:05 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mustang05 @ February 1, 2006, 7:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
WOW! That is amazing!.. i cant wait until i get my supercharger.. im stuck between vortech and the x charger.. vortech says it uses the Predator.. seems like the SCT is the most popular though... MSP did you ever watch some of the install?... If you know anything about it did it seem fairly easy? Im just on the edge about the tapping the oil.... BTW MSP those Revs in the clip sound SCARY! it sounds like one badA%# V-8 to me! Good job on everything keep us posted on how the car is on daily drives and how it holds up ( which im sure you will anyways) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

No I didnt see it.. I live too far away.. However when I picked the car up, the installer went over everything with me.. The most complicated part seemed to be the Vortech In Tank High output fuel system.. There are a bunch of little things going on there inside the fuel tank... There is a book which details each step of that process though... Then there is the mounting of the Charge Coolers radiator down in the back of the radiator.. It happens to be right inline for a good cooling effect by the electric fans..

Vortech is really amazing seriously.. These guys are dedicated to the performance scene... They had a new corvette system there that may be NDA so I wont discuss it.. That SC system looked insane.. Some of the parts were hand made.. The technicians and engineers at Vortech are truely in the tops of their field.. You wanna talk about hands on attention to detail, thats Vortechs shop! LOL!
Old 2/1/06, 09:06 PM
GT Member

Hat's off to you MSP. Sounds like a jet ready 4 takeoff. Engine bay looks ready for the show circuit. Next stop 1/4 mile track. Can't wait for those Dyno numbers...
Old 2/1/06, 09:08 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(screaminyellin6 @ February 1, 2006, 8:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hat's off to you MSP. Sounds like a jet ready 4 takeoff. Engine bay looks ready for the show circuit. Next stop 1/4 mile track. Can't wait for those Dyno numbers...
[/b][/quote]

They are coming.. Right now I am debating whether or not I should hook up my boost gauge before I go dyno.. I think we should know exactly what the PSI is dont you? I think I may do that first in the mornig.. I should be done by noon.. Then I can go get dyno'd.. I have an all day appointment anyway..
Old 2/1/06, 09:13 PM
GT Member

GREAT . I am installing my gauges on my "A" pillar as well. Looks like a 3 gauge pod a pillar system. Also - looks like we are going to see about setting up a full dyno and custom tune using SCT after installing the Vortech over here in NY. We'll see if SCT can give some different results from the Predator tunes that come with the s/c as well. Not sure if there will be a big difference - but heck if it'll help us in our journey - why not try
Old 2/1/06, 09:28 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(screaminyellin6 @ February 1, 2006, 8:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
GREAT . I am installing my gauges on my "A" pillar as well. Looks like a 3 gauge pod a pillar system. Also - looks like we are going to see about setting up a full dyno and custom tune using SCT after installing the Vortech over here in NY. We'll see if SCT can give some different results from the Predator tunes that come with the s/c as well. Not sure if there will be a big difference - but heck if it'll help us in our journey - why not try
[/b][/quote]

Well coming from the horses mouth...

The 2005 SOHC 4.0 Mustang has the hardest engine ever to program for.. There are some many items which inter-relate to each other that will give off check engine lights..

I am sure you can get it done, but there are situations where the cruise control will push up boost, or play funny tricks...

I was told that our engine is twice as hard to program than the GT.. I think this is why Procharger had such a hard time of it.. Its not an easy program to make is what I was told..

My car thus far is running perfect and very controlable.. Cruise control works great, and is needed.. LOL!! Also dont believe the story about boost not working unitl 3500rpm..

My car will launch hard from 1500rpm.. My supercharger pushes the car starting at 1500RPM.. Also, it is impossible for me to go to WOT on the streets.. The car starts moving forwar very violently and I have never made WOT, not once... I know for a fact that I have to be pushing well more than 300RWHP..

Putting the Prochamber on the car has made it so strong that it pulls seriously insane at only half throttle.. Good lord.. This baby may be a huge surprise to us all on the dyno tomorrow.. Let me try and say this once more..

The car accelerates so blindingly fast at half throttle, I must lift because it gets too dangerous.. I think its the g forces associated with it, that lets you know you better not even think of going WOT.. Its nuts man.. No one here believes what I am trying to say I know.. But trust me.. Dont be too surprised if I put up something really shocking tomorrow.. Rememeber, Vortechs numbers are through my stock factory YPIPE exhaust, using a Mustang DYNO, that allows for the back wheels to bounce slightly off the dyno rollers...

Tomorrows conversation based on the dyno graph could stir up the Mustang scene.. 300RWHP does not pull as hard as that Supercharger is pulling me.. No way!! 300RWHP pulls pretty good.. But not enough to force you to lift at half throttle!

I think its a combination of things like the high flow fuel system which comes with the kit.. Vortechs numbers are leaving massive room for cushion... I can understand there perspective for sure..
Old 2/2/06, 01:49 AM
V6 Member

Maybe you should change your screen name to Captain Kirk or Hans Solo or something!
Old 2/2/06, 03:18 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 1, 2006, 11:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well coming from the horses mouth...

The 2005 SOHC 4.0 Mustang has the hardest engine ever to program for.. There are some many items which inter-relate to each other that will give off check engine lights..

I am sure you can get it done, but there are situations where the cruise control will push up boost, or play funny tricks...

I was told that our engine is twice as hard to program than the GT.. I think this is why Procharger had such a hard time of it.. Its not an easy program to make is what I was told..

My car thus far is running perfect and very controlable.. Cruise control works great, and is needed.. LOL!! Also dont believe the story about boost not working unitl 3500rpm..

My car will launch hard from 1500rpm.. My supercharger pushes the car starting at 1500RPM.. Also, it is impossible for me to go to WOT on the streets.. The car starts moving forwar very violently and I have never made WOT, not once... I know for a fact that I have to be pushing well more than 300RWHP..

Putting the Prochamber on the car has made it so strong that it pulls seriously insane at only half throttle.. Good lord.. This baby may be a huge surprise to us all on the dyno tomorrow.. Let me try and say this once more..

The car accelerates so blindingly fast at half throttle, I must lift because it gets too dangerous.. I think its the g forces associated with it, that lets you know you better not even think of going WOT.. Its nuts man.. No one here believes what I am trying to say I know.. But trust me.. Dont be too surprised if I put up something really shocking tomorrow.. Rememeber, Vortechs numbers are through my stock factory YPIPE exhaust, using a Mustang DYNO, that allows for the back wheels to bounce slightly off the dyno rollers...

Tomorrows conversation based on the dyno graph could stir up the Mustang scene.. 300RWHP does not pull as hard as that Supercharger is pulling me.. No way!! 300RWHP pulls pretty good.. But not enough to force you to lift at half throttle!

I think its a combination of things like the high flow fuel system which comes with the kit.. Vortechs numbers are leaving massive room for cushion... I can understand there perspective for sure..
[/b][/quote]

Now you might have a better appreciation as to why I don't spray on the street! While the Vortech may make more HP in the upper RPM range, the Zex's torque is way down low, basically right off the line! So you can see why I keep that 380ft/lbs in the bottle until I get to the track! LOL!
Old 2/2/06, 04:55 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 2, 2006, 2:21 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Now you might have a better appreciation as to why I don't spray on the street! While the Vortech may make more HP in the upper RPM range, the Zex's torque is way down low, basically right off the line! So you can see why I keep that 380ft/lbs in the bottle until I get to the track! LOL!
[/b][/quote]

Trust me Scrming, I have a great respect for your 384Ft Lbs!! Its the only thing I have had to rely upon all this time.. Your 384Ft lbs with a 100shot, was at one point my only sense of hope.. You are a true pioneer Scrming!! One of my best buddies!! You know that its through you and the rest of the gang, that I find great joy in this.. We feed off of each other.. Your 384Ft. lbs has kept me fed for quite awhile, and now its my turn to give some back to you.. I only ask that you put on your seatbelt brother!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] LOL!

No one can ever take away the fact that you rock Scrming, pure and simple.. When I get to the dyno, I am of course going to try and beat your record with the 384Ft. Lbs... If I do, then great.. If not, thats ok as well.. The fun part for me is going to be watching the car atleast try!.. Thats really all I can ask of him! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 05:12 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 2, 2006, 6:58 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Trust me Scrming, I have a great respect for your 384Ft Lbs!! Its the only thing I have had to rely upon all this time.. Your 384Ft lbs with a 100shot, was at one point my only sense of hope.. You are a true pioneer Scrming!! One of my best buddies!! You know that its through you and the rest of the gang, that I find great joy in this.. We feed off of each other.. Your 384Ft. lbs has kept me fed for quite awhile, and now its my turn to give some back to you.. I only ask that you put on your seatbelt brother!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] LOL!

No one can ever take away the fact that you rock Scrming, pure and simple.. When I get to the dyno, I am of course going to try and beat your record with the 384Ft. Lbs... If I do, then great.. If not, thats ok as well.. The fun part for me is going to be watching the car atleast try!.. Thats really all I can ask of him! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

You're going to love your dyno session! I always look forward to them! I can't wait until the next one! We haven't sprayed since the new MRT exhuast... should put me in the 270RWHP/390RWTQ...

Looking forward to seeing those dyno sheets!

And yes the order of things is... seat belt on... start car... TCS off! LOL!
Old 2/2/06, 05:27 AM
GT Member

you should get shoulder harness strap in belts, maybe even a helmet in the rear seat just for looks. I can see it now - you are eating out somewhere and someone sees you waitng or walking outside with your helmet in hand and they ask "what kinda a bike? " - LOL you mean my Mustang LOL [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] Not sure if that would keep it "sleeper looking" but willl have a great effect on anyone asking for a ride...

And yes I know the programming may end up being a crazy nightmare , but figured my Speed shop wants to try and see, they already spoke to SCT and if all else fails I can always drop in the Diablo at the end of the day. I've heard the 4.0 is a real PIA nightmare to configure even the smallest things - so it will definitly be a challenge - but then again they said a 4.0 could never handle 300 hp etc....

Quick Reply: MSP's Vortech V6 2005 Mustang