GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

MGW short throw shifter !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/07, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 3/16/07, 05:56 PM
GT Member

Has anyone had experience cutting the top off of a Hurst white ball shifter and hinging it back on so you could flip it open and have a "go-baby-go" type button hidden inside the shifter ball? Seems to me there might be a market for that.
I know that you can get a black ball with the button on top or a white one on the side, but I am thinking about a hidden one.
Old 3/16/07, 08:19 PM
Bullitt Member

The Hurst shift **** uses 3/8-16 thread size
Old 3/17/07, 01:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

George - Please don't drop me from the list if you can't get ahold of me right away. I'm going to be travelling the next 7-9 days, headed back from Iraq. Once I'm home, I'll call you with payment info. Again - thanks for including me on this 1st order.

Keith
Old 3/17/07, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by MGW
EVERYONE has has called and gotten on our list OR emailed me and gotten a response WILL be included in the first batch.
Now that is good to hear!!!
Old 3/17/07, 11:36 AM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MGW
we have not released the shifter yet so that is why nobody has called but we do have your orders if you called and got on the list. i will post on this forum when we are actually ready to go.

here is what i would do...

if you know you want the shifter at this point go ahead and call in and give ALL your info to my sales staff. address, phone number, method of shipping and credit card info. that way when the shifters are actually ready to go yours will ship the soonest.

if you are not yet decided but are on the list we will be calling you when we are ready and then you can make the decision to buy or not.

if you are not yet on the list...well lets just say after this morning you better hurry!!!!!!

i will NOT be offering both handles for this price as i cannot afford more of a loss on this initial run. but i will offer the 15 percent off the handles as well. the handles alone will sell for about 15.00.

also note that i will be offering a mgw gripper ball that will thread onto the hurst so if anybody has bought one of my gripper ***** for the 2005 mustang already you can mail it back and we can swap out the lower shank to the same threads as the hurst ball for only 5 bucks. then you can swap out the hurst and mgw ***** all the time on your mustang.

regards
george
George - I'll send my Gripper shift **** back for the swap. What Hurst **** do I need to order, thread type or part number?

And should I enclose a check to cover shipping and the swap?

Thanks,
Ned
Old 3/20/07, 09:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Bump ... George , any new info ...
Old 3/20/07, 10:42 AM
MGW
Former Vendor

i am assembling the shifters now and i am only waiting on 1 piece now to be molded. we should have this piece in by end of the week so my plan is to start making calls monday and hopefully start shipping monday or tuesday.

also, the only parts that require reusing from the stock shifter are the polyurethane bushings that are actually on the linkage bracket at the bottom.
but i am having my own made since i do not like the design of these for our shifter. they may or may not be ready in time to ship out. if they are not i will still be including them in the shifter kit and they will be mailed out when they come in. if you want to wait until they come in just tell my sales staff when they call and your shifter may be held up a week or so at the latest.

also, i am including in the kit some extra material to actually solve the ebrake buzzing problem too. i popped my ebrake apart and put a few small pieces of the material we use in the shifter kit and it really helped the buzzing from the plastic cover on the ebrake handle.

regards
george
Old 3/20/07, 10:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Great news ... Thanks George
Old 3/20/07, 08:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
MGW Shifter

Got an e-mail from George today. He said the shifter will be released NEXT WEEK! Good things come to those who wait!
Old 3/20/07, 08:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by MGW
i am assembling the shifters now and i am only waiting on 1 piece now to be molded. we should have this piece in by end of the week so my plan is to start making calls monday and hopefully start shipping monday or tuesday.

also, the only parts that require reusing from the stock shifter are the polyurethane bushings that are actually on the linkage bracket at the bottom.
but i am having my own made since i do not like the design of these for our shifter. they may or may not be ready in time to ship out. if they are not i will still be including them in the shifter kit and they will be mailed out when they come in. if you want to wait until they come in just tell my sales staff when they call and your shifter may be held up a week or so at the latest.

also, i am including in the kit some extra material to actually solve the ebrake buzzing problem too. i popped my ebrake apart and put a few small pieces of the material we use in the shifter kit and it really helped the buzzing from the plastic cover on the ebrake handle.

regards
george
George, any idea on pricing for us "testers"? Has it gone up, or will it be the same as what was last posted.
Old 3/20/07, 09:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I can see by the pictures that you have new shifter arm bushings but does the actual shifter use the stock bushing?
Attached Images  
Old 3/21/07, 05:45 AM
MGW
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
I can see by the pictures that you have new shifter arm bushings but does the actual shifter use the stock bushing?

look up at my post #288. we are working on them but they may not be ready by next week. if not you can use the stock bushings or opt to wait for ours.

george
Old 3/21/07, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by MGW

regards
george
Is it too late to get in as beta tester/group buy ???
Old 3/21/07, 07:28 AM

i would be interested in a tester/group buy as well.
Old 3/21/07, 10:59 AM
MGW
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BILLB60
Is it too late to get in as beta tester/group buy ???

this friday is the cutoff date if i have not reached 100 people yet. so you better call. i may only have a few spots left at this point. i have not checked with sales yet but we were over 75 a while ago.

regards
george

mgwltd.com

706-793-1770
Old 3/21/07, 11:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Sounds like it makes sense to wait for your bushings.
Old 3/21/07, 12:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Stoenr
Sounds like it makes sense to wait for your bushings.
Me too! No sense in buying a "no compromise" shifter and then improvising with the stock bushing. I don't want to pull it out and re-install the MGW bushing later either. I'm willing to wait.

However, George, I've got a six pack riding on the fact that you have these shipping by month's end. Am I gonna regret betting on you?
Old 3/21/07, 12:33 PM

call and got on the list today, the lady said they are shipping this month.
Old 3/21/07, 12:48 PM

Just called and put my name on the list. Can't wait.

Quick Reply: MGW short throw shifter !!!!