GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

long tube headers $253.47

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/07, 11:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scramblr
And that's why I never have a problem paying more. I'll go to supporting vendors even if they are more expensive because I know in the long wrong they will be there to correct any wrongs. I'm not made of money, but it's not all about $$$, piece of mind plays a huge factor for me.
I took the gamble and it payed off for me. also if you are buying long tubes and sound is an issue I think you are looking at the wrong mod.

These are stainless headers, not some painted steel...

I figured it this way:
If I got them and they were not what i expected I could send them back to the shop i got them from. and I was pleasantly surprised.

Well made tubes are not rocket science. equal length, good fitment, bends that are not too tight, good solid welds, good material, o2 bungs, etc..

I could buy three sets of these headers for one pair of arh's. but I am not worried. these will last.

I am not gonna sit here anymore and try and convince anybody to buy these. I just wanted to let folks know that they were not getting taken. to save guys money. These are tubes...not friggin saxophones.
Old 11/21/07, 12:04 AM
Cobra Member

im glad my initial post has yielded such an informative thread.

i think we might have exposed kooks, AR, jba as clearly overpriced products.

time will tell.

i hope someone gets dyno results of these obx headers....
Old 11/21/07, 07:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scramblr
And that's why I never have a problem paying more. I'll go to supporting vendors even if they are more expensive because I know in the long wrong they will be there to correct any wrongs. I'm not made of money, but it's not all about $$$, piece of mind plays a huge factor for me.
Same here Alex!
Old 11/21/07, 08:14 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by YaoNYC
im glad my initial post has yielded such an informative thread.

i think we might have exposed kooks, AR, jba as clearly overpriced products.

time will tell.

i hope someone gets dyno results of these obx headers....
I will get dynoed soon to baseline before the cams go in. I will tack it on to the end of this thread.

After seeing how many die hard high rollers there are out there that want to pay too much for tubes I am thinking of goin into the header business myself! at $1000 or more profit per set i think i will be pretty rich!!
Old 11/21/07, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Faber
read a few pages back in this thread bro. I took a bunch of pics, and did a quick writeup on the install. Best value out the imho for longtubes.
Guess I should read all the posts.

Faber, you have made me a happy man! If you were a girl I would kiss you... haha. I will have to wait to spring to purchase though. Don't want them sitting in the garage if come to find out something is not right with them 4 months later. I will be doing a lot of mods in the spring with headers being one of them and wanted to get the best deals on everything. Not bashing anyone... but $1000 is just too much for me for some steel pipes. I will be keeping an EYE out on these headers and will PM you at a later date before I buy to make sure you are still happy!

Mods in the spring:
CAI w/ bama tune.
Steeda UDP & delete plates.
LT headers.
One happy person.
Old 11/21/07, 10:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Faber
I took the gamble and it payed off for me. also if you are buying long tubes and sound is an issue I think you are looking at the wrong mod.

These are stainless headers, not some painted steel...

I figured it this way:
If I got them and they were not what i expected I could send them back to the shop i got them from. and I was pleasantly surprised.

Well made tubes are not rocket science. equal length, good fitment, bends that are not too tight, good solid welds, good material, o2 bungs, etc..

I could buy three sets of these headers for one pair of arh's. but I am not worried. these will last.

I am not gonna sit here anymore and try and convince anybody to buy these. I just wanted to let folks know that they were not getting taken. to save guys money. These are tubes...not friggin saxophones.
I truly am happy it's working out for you so far. After getting burned a few times on deals like these I personaly have a tendency to shy away. It's too bad since it hurts the small honest businesses.
Old 11/21/07, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just ordered the OBX headers.... they are a good product, same brand recommened on my (bmw) mini cooper forums.
Old 11/21/07, 03:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
[quote=Faber;1050898]I took the gamble and it payed off for me. also if you are buying long tubes and sound is an issue I think you are looking at the wrong mod.

Hey Faber,
Can you explain this sentence about the sound. I am not sure how to take it. Did the LT's make it really loud or not much of a change..
Thanks Scott
Old 11/21/07, 03:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I think he means that the long tubes make the car a lot louder, and if the car being loud is an issue, longtubes are probably not the best mod for him.
Old 11/21/07, 04:09 PM
Cobra Member

LTs themselves don't make the car much louder, its the O/R H pipe that will do it
Old 11/21/07, 04:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

[quote=SlamMan02;1051382]LTs themselves don't make the car much louder, its the O/R H pipe that will do it[/quote

I agree Matt. If Faber went from the stock H-pipe with cats to the longtubes than I believe he thinks it is loud. But if you already have been running an offroad pipe I am thinking the longtubes should not be that much different.
Scott]
Old 11/21/07, 06:12 PM
Cobra R Member

This is true. Didn't think about that.
Old 11/21/07, 06:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, Longtubes took my car from sounding good with the Stingers to HOLY **** it sounds bad with the L/Ts, and hi-flow catted H-pipe! 104dbs at a sound-off (and it was over 90 degrees and humid as heck)!
Old 11/23/07, 11:02 PM
GT Member

What about if I already have the Bassani off road X?
Old 11/24/07, 04:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I have been trying to find out what the diameter of the primary tubes are on these OBX headers. Maybe I just missed it. Anyone know for sure?
Scott
Old 11/24/07, 06:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
I have been trying to find out what the diameter of the primary tubes are on these OBX headers. Maybe I just missed it. Anyone know for sure?
Scott

1 5/8". I'm pretty sure it was mentioned a few times in this thread.
Old 11/24/07, 07:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Jimp
1 5/8". I'm pretty sure it was mentioned a few times in this thread.

Hey Jimp,
I went back for a second time and reviewed the entire thread again. All I can find is : Post #43 Cobra4548 asked what size the primarys are and in Post #44 Faber said he thinks they 1 3/4 dia. I also reviewed the Ebay listing and it doesn't say either. Anyone know for sure? I really hope you are correct about the 1 5/8. Would be better for us N/A guys.
Scott
Old 11/24/07, 08:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey Jimp,
I went back for a second time and reviewed the entire thread again. All I can find is : Post #43 Cobra4548 asked what size the primarys are and in Post #44 Faber said he thinks they 1 3/4 dia. I also reviewed the Ebay listing and it doesn't say either. Anyone know for sure? I really hope you are correct about the 1 5/8. Would be better for us N/A guys.
Scott

My bad! Maybe i saw it on another thread somewhere. I'm looking now. I found this:
http://www.obxracingsports.com/index.php
Old 11/24/07, 01:01 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Faber,
Since you installed your OBX headers, have you had any issue with them hitting or bumping on the steering shaft?
Or if any others who have also installed the same.Any issues?
I'm planning to retain my stock engine mounts at this time.
thanks
Old 11/25/07, 12:10 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
Faber,
Since you installed your OBX headers, have you had any issue with them hitting or bumping on the steering shaft?
Or if any others who have also installed the same.Any issues?
I'm planning to retain my stock engine mounts at this time.
thanks
I installed bullet engine mounts, but i think the stockers would have cleared just fine. the motor mounts were easy as hell to replace while i was doing the long tube install. I will go measure those primaries right now and post the specs.

Quick Reply: long tube headers $253.47