GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

long tube headers $253.47

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/08, 12:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by medieval
hey I just went to the company and quoted I am trying to get to the bottom of this mess. Keyboard! please.... I am not a nut and bolt guy. I am currently looking to get out of ford the real facts ... I work at CAP and they are really F&&k Up. In the summer when there are storms they shut down the lines because the water comes into the building... When I walk down the steps you can see at least ounce a week **** Roaches you can put in the palm of your hand. The rats are as big as small cats. Should I go on????? there are no exaust vents in the bath rooms should I go on??? Yes When I though 8 months ago I would be working for a great co. Well Should I go ON??? Do u want to hear about the IT part of the company? It will blow your mind on just how far back the software is. I am not looking at my spelling so I am ranting. BUT I do love my Roush.

YOU would not believe how the safest car in america is built. So take that wrench and put it on my HEaders and let me know when your done.... LOL

OH and when it gets below 10 the plant dont run because ITS so F%%ing cold inside.. the union wont alow it

HELLO

I understand what u are saying so PM me and lets chat. I am not doing this work I dont want to take it somewere and have them say you need this and u need that. See were I am comong from?

Wow, that is quite a post. I also want to wish you the best of luck finding a new job. I hope you get to leave Ford Motor Co. ASAP. I am also not sure what this post has to do with your earlier slam on the OBX headers but I would only ask you to post facts, and real life experiences with OBX headers good and bad. Or any other USA manufactured header. Your empty opinion means nothing to me. Your post contains no useful information for the other members of this forum that is trying to decide how to spend there hard earned dollars. I have never posted one negative post about USA made headers other than I wouldn't spend $1500 bucks on a set "just because it is made in the USA" . It is all about what is the best bang for the buck. I would like to hear your real life experiences with this type of mod. If you don't have any please refrain from commenting. Please.
Thanks Scott
Old 1/7/08, 08:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CR and/or KenB

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
If we have the opportunity, we will. We're going to be insanely busy with our grand opening over the next 2 weeks, and then SEMA is here. I promise, if I get the chance to get them in and test them out, I will. We might just not be able to get a chance until the first week in Nov.

Until then, if anyone can even just get good pictures of them, that would be great. If not, I'll take care of it first available chance.

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Not to beat a dead horse but...

With Sema being over and the first week of November long gone. How about looking into the OBX headers? Or for that matter KenB For kicks and giggles

I'm curious to see how you guys rate them WITH first hand experience
Old 2/22/08, 07:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just bought the bbk long tubes, mid pipe with cats, and pypes mid muff system

all delivered to my door for under 1100

man i cant wait to get them home and installed!!!!

woooot!!!!
Old 2/23/08, 07:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by n8rfastback
just bought the bbk long tubes, mid pipe with cats, and pypes mid muff system

all delivered to my door for under 1100

man i cant wait to get them home and installed!!!!

woooot!!!!
Congrats! who did you buy the system from? Website? I'm in the market, and I'm sort of sold on one of: Kooks, AR. or SW, (LT plus catted-X), but haven't made a decision one way or the other yet.
Old 2/23/08, 07:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i got the bbk lontubes and x pipe with cats from lmperformance

they are a matching set made just for our car.... pretty sweet. the tubes are stainless and ceramic coated and the x pipe is just stainless.

they are on sale right now and no cost for shipping.

pretty good deal for the money!!!!!
Old 2/23/08, 07:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

its only about 800 for LT's and catted X
Old 2/23/08, 10:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by n8rfastback
its only about 800 for LT's and catted X
I'm confused, you said it was 1100 for your BBK LT's and xpipe with cats...how does that setup differ from the LT with catted x for 800?
Oh, and thanks for the vendor info.
Old 2/23/08, 11:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nevermind...I figured it out, you got the pypes midstuff as well. I want to keep my stock midpipes and FRPP Stingers so I only need the LT's and catted x.
Old 2/24/08, 12:44 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

that is correct! the entire system was 1100, only x and LT's were 800
Old 2/24/08, 11:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Looking at the pic of the BBK LT's, vs the ARH LT's, the BBK's don't seem to be of equal length, and the ARH do.
Admittedly I'm no expert, but I thought the equal length pipes were a requirement to have one exhaust pulse create a vacuum for the next one behind it?
Are you going to dyno the car before and after to see what gains you obtained? I'd be real interested to see that. I'm hoping to gain ~4rwhp with the Airiad CAI, 8rwhp with the Steeda UDP, and 20 rwhp with the equal length LT's high flowcats and x pipe. Currently at 285 rwhp SAE, so that would get me to 317 rwhp (372 bhp).
Old 2/24/08, 02:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i have no clue what my numbers are right now, and i dont have anyone here locally with a dyno that i know of....

i would love to get a good run in and see what im putting down once i have everything installed
Old 2/28/08, 02:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

well i had the time today to get my pypes mid muffler setup on

wow! it really woke up the exhaust note....

nice grumble to it, although it has a little drone between 1-2k rpm

ill have to get around 500 miles on it and then reallly see how well it sounds when its broken in good.....

so far i love it!

next week i will be putting in the lt's and mid pipe