GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Fuego Tuner! What can we expect?

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/07, 02:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The part numbers changed before I bought mine--the box has both numbers on it. It's gone, call them and ask about the data logging and PC software if you don't believe me.

Re: "orphaned" I stand corrected--how about a "forgotten" link, as in forgotten by the nitwit webmaster. There's a hole in the upper left corner of the initial '79-'04 Mustang page that's where it was shown when I got mine.

Obviously they are trying their ****dest to maintain the perception of an alive and viable product until the available inventory is sold-out--that's just plain sleazy too...
Old 6/26/07, 07:44 AM
ski
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Well, it appears that GMS nay sayers, such as myself, Don W. and Ski..were right all along !..Just goes to show, that when it comes to tuning our 05+ Stangs ? tuning should be left to the experts, such as Doug from bamachips and Brent from brenspeed, and not from some speed shop vendor, that comes across as a used car salesman, who misleads their customers, with inaccurate marketing claims, time and time again. First, it was his CAI that included a recalibrated MAF with jumper harness, in which was proven, could not function with a computer re-flash and then comes along, the Fuego programmer, that we now know, is also a complete flop..So what's going to be the next great invention, to go belly up ? Oh well, so much for nobody saying.. we told you so
Old 6/26/07, 08:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

This thread was a pretty good read. I was going to post 25rwhp from a tune? lol! But then I saw there were 8 more pages...
Old 7/5/07, 03:31 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by scrillz
I purchased the fuego tuner about 2 months ago and have been trying to get answers about it ever since. First off this tuner is absolute trash. Almost every claim Granatelli made about this tuner is false! Now going to the Granatelli web site I don't see this tuner offered. Has this been discontinued? There is no support for this tuner. Very frustrated. I feel like I have been ripped off. The standard tune on this is not different from stock. The only way to get response from it is to use the Advance tune section. Then it is hard to know if you are causing engine damage or not. WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY

Ouch- I just read this - what happened and were you ever helped? What claim did we make that we did not deliver on? The standard tune IS VERY different from Stock - that is an inaccurate statement
Old 7/5/07, 03:52 PM
Former Vendor

If it were my car ? I'd be very concerned and at least have a local dyno, check your Air/Fuel, to make sure that it's within safe levels..
It is alwasy nice to dyno your car but not at all ness. I can assure you when you mate all the Granatelli parts together as list above they work perfect together. Some people have gotten to a point where they think they can't change the air filter without making a tuning upgrade - it is not that Sophisticated - yet
Old 7/5/07, 03:54 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kevinb120
I don't see it on the website either
http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/fuego.htm
Old 7/5/07, 04:04 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cliffyk
That's an orphaned link because their website sucks too--as far as I can tell the product has been discontinued. It was grossly misrepresented by Granatelli's advertising there is NO data-logging capability, or

I exchanged some emails with JR back in February regarding my helping them develop the PC software (they told me in a phone call that there had been some delays in getting it done--I do that sort of thing for a living). After a week or so he just dropped it and has never responded. Thing is, while he was jerking me around via email they were abandoning the product.

It may well be that they have some good other products, I'll never know because after the stuffing I got on the Fuego I will never buy anything from them again.

Also, wWhoever does their website is a jerk, check out this photo of a rear-end girdle;

It's upside down...
Fuego is not discontinued - not sure where that came from. Fuego is not a Predator - not sure where that came from either.

Fuego does datalogg - While we did have a few issues up front they were addressed.

As for PC Software - that is part of the datalogging but please bear in mind from day 1 we said this was not an SCT or Diablo Style tool. It is a plug it inand it works component like a Superchip or Hypertech only more features and much faster.
Old 7/5/07, 04:08 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cliffyk
I exchanged some emails with JR back in February regarding my helping them develop the PC software (they told me in a phone call that there had been some delays in getting it done--I do that sort of thing for a living). After a week or so he just dropped it and has never responded. Thing is, while he was jerking me around via email they were abandoning the product.
This is totally false. Your perception might be that I never called you back and I do remember someone calling to offer PC help but I was clear (at least in my mind) that we were behind but working on it internally. You should not be offened just becuase we did not use your services. - one thing is for sure we did not jerk your chain or make you or anyone else any promises.
Old 7/5/07, 04:10 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Falchion
Joe, I'm interested in getting the Granatelli CAI (#410040) for the new 08 GT that I have on order. Is it still possiable to get the deal for this that was given to TMS members in the past?
Sure - We are about ready to do another promo - all our dealers should have these in stock and willing to help you out
Old 7/5/07, 04:52 PM
Former Vendor

Well, it appears that GMS nay sayers, such as myself, Don W. and Ski..were right all along !..Just goes to show, that when it comes to tuning our 05+ Stangs ? tuning should be left to the experts, such as Doug from bamachips and Brent from brenspeed, and not from some speed shop vendor, that comes across as a used car salesman, who misleads their customers, with inaccurate marketing claims, time and time again. First, it was his CAI that included a recalibrated MAF with jumper harness, in which was proven, could not function with a computer re-flash and then comes along, the Fuego programmer, that we now know, is also a complete flop..So what's going to be the next great invention, to go belly up ? Oh well, so much for nobody saying.. we told you so
I think you have selective memory We have sold over 2000 part #410040 cold air intakes for the 2005-2007 Mustang. Doug From Bamachips has basicaly proven he was so pro C&L that he lied for them. He went as far as to say he tested our tube against the C&L and said C&L flowed like 10cfm (don't quote me) more. Then is the same breath he says they tune differently. . He lost me when he lied

Fuego is far from a flop - it is a great cross road for the guy that wants the ultimate tool without jaming customer tunes through it. We sold several million is Predator and we were the exclusive marketing arm for them. It is only natural that people would think Predator and Fuego are related but they are not.

there are several posts here that say they love the Predator it is the same goof-***** just looking for trouble
Old 7/5/07, 05:00 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by LBJay
You said it was an orphaned link. (I do not think it means what you think it means)

The Fuego may be an orphaned product ( ) but that is not an orphaned link.
Again not orphaned - Cliff has in panties in a bunch becuase we did not use his services. Not sure why he took it so personal.
Old 7/5/07, 05:03 PM
Former Vendor

[quote=SixtySix;948205]Well, let me clear some of this up from what I've observed. The Feugo DID indeed disappear from the website. This has been going on for months now. It has now re-appeared and if you follow along you'll notice that the part numbers have changed.

So, it's quite possible it's back again...maybe revamped... maybe not.

quote]

I do not recall making a part number change - maybe my guys did - it is one part number fits all Ford. Perhaps you have GM mixed up with Ford
Old 7/5/07, 05:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Old 7/5/07, 05:33 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mrkabc
I agree
Old 7/5/07, 08:47 PM
Former Vendor

It is possible to have two tubes flow approximately the same cfm and still have to be tuned differently. There are alot more variables.

However, I REFUSE to get into this debate here.

Has anyone datalogged fuel trims and wideband AFR?

CR
Old 7/5/07, 09:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Granatelli
Doug From Bamachips has basicaly proven he was so pro C&L that he lied for them. He went as far as to say he tested our tube against the C&L and said C&L flowed like 10cfm (don't quote me) more. Then is the same breath he says they tune differently. . He lost me when he lied
You want to know when you lost me? When you said a very reputable tuner like Doug blatantly lied. I'm pretty sure he's tuned a few more 05+ mustangs than you guys have. You aren't going to get very far attacking other dealers. Especially ones that have reputations like bamachips around here.
Old 7/5/07, 09:49 PM
Former Vendor

Like I said... size of filter, PLACEMENT OF FILTER, bends, even if the tube butts up together with the MAF housing when coupling all makes a difference on turbulence. Backflow entry is also an issue on a car that's cammed out, or running a charger, or a MAF too close to the TB. So tuning can be different for two intakes that flow close CFM's. Maybe that's splitting hairs, and you could get away with using the same tune, but I would make the extra effort.

The only comment (other than bashing Doug which is bullcrap) that I really don't like is that "it's not neccessary to run on the dyno". I don't know about you, but I would run ANY tune on the dyno, if god himself tuned my car I'd atleast datalog and run a wideband through the analog datalogging port.

Not knocking Granatelli. They wouldn't be where they are if they didn't know products, but above is my personal opinion. Just my dollar and fifteen cents.

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 7/5/07, 11:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

I remember when I put my "no tune" K&N on the dyno. The a/f was about 13.5...
Old 7/5/07, 11:21 PM
Former Vendor

That's about 10 times closer to what it should be than some of them out there!

I've seen anywhere from 14.1 to 18ish think they need some fuel?!

CR
Old 7/6/07, 12:23 AM

I have stated the false claims made for the Fuego tuner several times and will once again list them for sake of clarity:

Fuego does not datalog, in any sense, as it does not record any information into a "log" that then becomes available for review...

Fuego is advertised as being a unit you can use on your "tow vehicle" and alternately on your track car--this is only true within the "lifetime" 5 change over limitation...

Fuego does not permit download of tunes and data logs to a PC as there is no PC interface software available; nor any technical specs for development of same (unlike every piece of lab equipment I own)...

Fuego obviously does not assign a filename ("like a bin") to dowmloaded files, as it doesn not download files...

Fuego does not offer MAF and injector selction/tuning...

Fuego has no capability for "custom tunes and updates available through the internet"...

That's a slug of false claims in my book, which has indeed got my panties tightened up.

As for their "not using my services", this is rubbish--while I did not directly state so, I also never mentioned any compensatory relationship with Granatelli--I'd just like the ****ed thing to function as advertised and offered to assist them in development of the software, we never discussed money or any sort of business to business relationship

JR and I did exchange several emails (which I could post if anyone would like to see them) and then the issue was dropped at about the same time as the Fuego disappeared from the Mustang specific parts pages on their web.

I would still like to see the unit work as advertised and will publically offer my services to help in getting the PC software up and running (at no charge). I will call them today and see if there is actually any interest in making the software available; as I have said several times it is a capable tuner but it's too bad it has been mis-represented.

Quick Reply: Granatelli Fuego Tuner! What can we expect?