GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Fuego Tuner! What can we expect?

Search this Thread

Old 11/17/06, 07:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by harleybill
Hey JR, it's time to pipe in with some updates. How are things going with the tuner, what about the TMS group buy, what do we need to know about the tuner before we buy, etc....
+1
Old 11/17/06, 07:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm disappointed that JR hasn't posted in this thread since October 6th or 7th.
Old 11/17/06, 07:39 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm disappointed too, but not surprised
Old 11/18/06, 08:43 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I got tired of waiting for insight on the Fuego tuner. For the record, I loved the GMS CAI w/MAF. I originally purchased the "set-up" because I did not want a tune, but as most will tell you, hp is addictive. That being said, I decided that I wanted a tune and was happy about the prospects of the new Fuego tuner. I waited, and waited, and waited... Finally, I discovered that they were being shipped(i think), but there was no feedback or information from JR, who was all over this forum a few weeks back marketing his GMS CAI. So I waited some more... Well, I happy to say that the wait is over. I just ordered the JLT w/ Xcal from Bamachips. I'll be selling the GMS CAI, or it'll serve as a paper weight, whatever, I ultimately got what I wanted. Sure, I probably could have had someone tune the GMS CAI, but I wanted a complete reputable package, hence, Bamachips. Again, I have nothing but good things to report on JR and his product. It did everything that was promised and exceeded my expections. I only wished that there was more information available about the Fuego.
Old 11/18/06, 11:57 PM
eci
Banned

I don't understand why so many were waiting for this tuner for so long when XCal2's have been available. Don't marry yourself to a company.
Old 11/21/06, 06:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by eci
I don't understand why so many were waiting for this tuner for so long when XCal2's have been available. Don't marry yourself to a company.
That's an easy answer. Because it's much faster processing the uploads and stores much more data than the old xcal's and other tuners...Like moving from win3.1 to winxp....Just a much better product (of course, that is if it does what was promised)....I am looking forward to hearing more as well....Come on JR, where are you and those that have ordered, what are your thoughts?
Old 11/21/06, 09:00 AM
V6 Member

Smile Don't marry yourself to a company.

We all have our own self interest at heart. But we perceive things differently. Who's to say who is right and who is wrong (as long as we stay on the right side of the law)?

Some of us with 2007s want a canned package that will work simply, without having to go to proficient and reputable tuners (that's, if we can find them close by) every time we add a mod. As well, I don't care about dyno numbers at low altitudes (high densities). I use overall drivability (especially throttle response at all rpms) and ease of use, for my criteria . . . that and how well it performs relative to the competition, in the real world (on the street).

One of my other choices, the HyperPAC #84006, for 2007 Mustangs will not be available for some time because the computer calibrations are different for them.

I spoke to Morgan (805-486-6644, ext. 17) last Tuesday and they should be shipping soon.
Old 11/21/06, 09:14 AM
FR500 Member

That's an easy answer. Because it's much faster processing the uploads and stores much more data than the old xcal's and other tuners...Like moving from win3.1 to winxp
Actually, that's a really bad analogy.

It's more like having a brand new whizzbang computer with the latest everything... To read email in a text only program like Pine.

Putting that much memory in a flash tuner is a waste. The only useful part of the memory upgrade is the amount of data you can datalog and keep on the tuner. When I had my "old" Diablo I could keep quite a bit of data datalogged on it with it's paltry memory, so where's the "real" benefit? The amount of time it takes to upload a program? Doubt it, you can only move at the speed of the weakest link, which in this case is the PCM itself. It's not going to move data any faster than the serial connection of the PCM.

So what's the real reason for the memory upgrade? Snazzier graphics on the interface. Gotta use that newfound power somewhere
Old 11/21/06, 09:44 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Where are you Jr.?

Hello
Old 11/21/06, 09:49 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
I got tired of waiting for insight on the Fuego tuner. For the record, I loved the GMS CAI w/MAF. I originally purchased the "set-up" because I did not want a tune, but as most will tell you, hp is addictive. That being said, I decided that I wanted a tune and was happy about the prospects of the new Fuego tuner. I waited, and waited, and waited... Finally, I discovered that they were being shipped(i think), but there was no feedback or information from JR, who was all over this forum a few weeks back marketing his GMS CAI. So I waited some more... Well, I happy to say that the wait is over. I just ordered the JLT w/ Xcal from Bamachips. I'll be selling the GMS CAI, or it'll serve as a paper weight, whatever, I ultimately got what I wanted. Sure, I probably could have had someone tune the GMS CAI, but I wanted a complete reputable package, hence, Bamachips. Again, I have nothing but good things to report on JR and his product. It did everything that was promised and exceeded my expections. I only wished that there was more information available about the Fuego.
I can only spread myself so thin. I spent 2 months all over the boards trying to help as many people as I could and in the end, it is hard to argue with so many about stuff they know nothing about. If I talk the talk and walk the walk I get blasted for 1 thing - if I stay quiet other see that as a sign of weakness - I can't win either way

Fuego can ship for anything Ford but the 2007 cars. we are a few more weeks out of 2007. Doug or anyone else could have and has written tunes for any CAI. - soory it took too long to get back to you
Old 11/21/06, 09:50 AM
Former Vendor

That's an easy answer. Because it's much faster processing the uploads and stores much more data than the old xcal's and other tuners...Like moving from win3.1 to winxp....Just a much better product (of course, that is if it does what was promised)....I am looking forward to hearing more as well....Come on JR, where are you and those that have ordered, what are your thoughts?
Place your orders - $369.00 to the first 6 orders then it goes back to $399
Old 11/21/06, 09:52 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SixtySix
Actually, that's a really bad analogy.

It's more like having a brand new whizzbang computer with the latest everything... To read email in a text only program like Pine.

Putting that much memory in a flash tuner is a waste. The only useful part of the memory upgrade is the amount of data you can datalog and keep on the tuner. When I had my "old" Diablo I could keep quite a bit of data datalogged on it with it's paltry memory, so where's the "real" benefit? The amount of time it takes to upload a program? Doubt it, you can only move at the speed of the weakest link, which in this case is the PCM itself. It's not going to move data any faster than the serial connection of the PCM.

So what's the real reason for the memory upgrade? Snazzier graphics on the interface. Gotta use that newfound power somewhere
Old 11/21/06, 10:54 AM
FR500 Member

In related news...
Old 11/21/06, 12:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Granatelli
I can only spread myself so thin. I spent 2 months all over the boards trying to help as many people as I could and in the end, it is hard to argue with so many about stuff they know nothing about. If I talk the talk and walk the walk I get blasted for 1 thing - if I stay quiet other see that as a sign of weakness - I can't win either way

Fuego can ship for anything Ford but the 2007 cars. we are a few more weeks out of 2007. Doug or anyone else could have and has written tunes for any CAI. - soory it took too long to get back to you
Getting tunes was not as easy as it would seem... Post #29 below:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...485#post783485
Old 11/21/06, 01:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Place your orders - $369.00 to the first 6 orders then it goes back to $399
JR, FYI: You have $269.00 listed for the Fuego in your "December" post...
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=56623
Old 11/21/06, 01:52 PM
eci
Banned

It's like moving from 3.1 to xp? The uploads take 60 seconds on an Xcal2. You can have 3 tunes in the Xcal2. I guess if I wanted 40 tunes and my time was so valuable 60 seconds was too long I'd see the need.

Sounds like putting 100GB RAM into your computer. Pointless. Waiting a YEAR for this product so it will save you 30 seconds on a tune transfer? lol

Old 11/21/06, 05:34 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,706 Posts

And just what did you expect ?? perhaps if you had bothered to provide accurate and not misleading info. in the first place ?? none of these arguments would have taken place to begin with ? Therefore you brought all this upon yourself and have nobody else to blame and I'll say this once again..If you were so concerned about your competition discovering your technology ?? you could have requested to be contacted through e-mail or by telephone..Now I suppose your also going to accuse Doug of not knowing what he's talkng about as well, right ? well not only does he know but has also proven that your MAF sensor will not function correctly with a tuning device as you mislead us into believing ? and let's not forget that Doug also proved the 90mm diameter of your intake tube was also another inaccurate claim then on top of that ? one of your very own customer's (Sodaman) has come forward that your MAF sensor is not calibrated as you also mislead us to believe, otherwise your jumper harness would not be necessary.. The bottom line is this ? you lost me as a potential customer not because of your product itself ? but as a result ? you demonstrated time and time again that you failed to earn my trust as a person and then you wonder why people such as myself ended up turning away ? it's because you caused nothing but doubt and confusion but yet, you've tried to help so many people right ?
Old 11/29/06, 07:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

So does anybody have one of these yet? I am really curious as to how they work and if they meet expectations.
Old 11/29/06, 02:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ordered my Fuego today. I'm stoked. GMS ROCKS!!!!!
Old 12/1/06, 09:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ARBO
Ordered my Fuego today. I'm stoked. GMS ROCKS!!!!!
Really looking forward to your evaluation and impressions. I hope it's everything you wanted.

Quick Reply: Granatelli Fuego Tuner! What can we expect?