GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Fuego Tuner! What can we expect?

Search this Thread

Old 9/7/06, 07:34 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I for one (and obviously I'm not alone), am sold on the Fuego/CAI&MAF combo, even if it results in 25 hp total. JR's comments about the Fuego's increased memory and speed have stuck with me. Every time that I flash my '02 F-body (sorry about that, but now I am conVerted to the Ford side), I say a little prayer while I'm twitching. As well, the tuner will enable the 180 thermo fan settings, has Premium fuel settings, reveal and clear DTC codes, alter Auto tranny shift firmness/shift rpms, accommodate different diff gear ratios and tire diameters, etc. As most of us will eventually purchase a programmer, it might as well be a Fuego. JR's numerous and polite responses to all comments and questions have turned the tide for most of us.
Old 9/7/06, 07:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Verted
I for one (and obviously I'm not alone), am sold on the Fuego/CAI&MAF combo, even if it results in 25 hp total. JR's comments about the Fuego's increased memory and speed have stuck with me. Every time that I flash my '02 F-body (sorry about that, but now I am conVerted to the Ford side), I say a little prayer while I'm twitching. As well, the tuner will enable the 180 thermo fan settings, has Premium fuel settings, reveal and clear DTC codes, alter Auto tranny shift firmness/shift rpms, accommodate different diff gear ratios and tire diameters, etc. As most of us will eventually purchase a programmer, it might as well be a Fuego. JR's numerous and polite responses to all comments and questions have turned the tide for most of us.
Cheers to that!
Old 9/7/06, 03:51 PM

I haven't been on in awhile but the numbers on the graph don't jive unless I am missing something. Hp@50 is 13.6 on one graph and 13.8 on another also the weight varies. How come?
Old 9/7/06, 04:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by redroc
I haven't been on in awhile but the numbers on the graph don't jive unless I am missing something. Hp @ 50 is 13.6 on one graph and 13.8 on another also the weight varies. How come?
Two different vehicles.

One is an '05, the other is an '06.
Old 9/7/06, 04:58 PM
V6 Member

Smile

Originally Posted by redroc
How come?
Brandon's point is good. But even if they were for the same car, measurements where there are many variables are never perfectly precise, even if the measuring tool is perfect (and none are). And if standard deviations were reported, it would confuse the issue even more. If this wasn't so, our ETs and RTs would always be the same
Old 9/12/06, 08:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since we are waiting on info from the Horses mouth (JR), I shot him a link to this topic so that we can hopefully keep the fuego info down to one topic of discussion and not get a bunch of similar topics running rampant. Just makes for easier reading and searching....So JR, where ya at buddy. Keep us updated on the FUEGO. I think you might get a lot of response from this tuner, similar to the response you got from the CAI/MAS topics. My wife needs to get me a christmas present so get that baby tested, proven and on the market.
Old 9/12/06, 02:55 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by theedge67
JR, what kind of results can we expect with your Fuego tuner along with your CAI/MAF combo? I've been holding out for the Fuego to come out and see if you'll offer another great combo offer. I don't need a full out dyno graph, just a good ballpark number will do.
The final results are not in yet and I don't want to say the wrong thing. Basically at the end of the day our Fuego will upload and download rocketship fast compared to some others. As for power, quite honestly SCT, Diablo, Superchips - whatever, once you find the sweet spot they all do the same thing - about 20hp
Old 9/12/06, 03:04 PM
Former Vendor

The reason the Fuego looks like the Predator is simple - Granatelli was instrumental in launching the Diablo Predator. We took a great product with no real visibility and turned them into a who's who in the flash tuner world. For that they said thanks we don't need you anymore so we launched Fuego to fill the needs of our on going customer base. We wanted it to look and feel like the original Granatelli/DiabloSport product so we mimicked the shape a bit.

But make no mistakes about it - that is where the similarity stops... Fuego is 128mb that will upgrade to 256

In the real world you only need 3 or 4mb but Fuego has a memory stick inside so you can transfer data in seconds that used to take minutes. And Fuego will data log for the life of your car or truck without ever needing to download to your PC for space.
Old 9/12/06, 04:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

An approximate cost yet?
Old 9/13/06, 07:16 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
An approximate cost yet?
$299.00 to the members
Old 9/13/06, 08:35 AM
GT Member

Is the Fuego a "strategy tuner"? I have a Predator right now.

The only issue I have with a strategy tuner is that they are great for the 1st mod, but after you start adding things down the road, like LT headers, throttles bodies, charge motion plates, etc... it becomes important to have a tuning tool that can provide fine, individual adjustments of many parameters, other than A/F ratio in 2 RPM ranges, and global ignition timing. I feel that the Predator is the wrong tool for doing these things, which is why a lot of pro dyno tuners do not work with the Predator tool anymore. I feel that it is a great tool for somebody who has little knowledge, who simply wants a moderate performance increase without getting too involved in maps and parameters. I am leaning more towards the SCT right now. I don't really care about getting the most HP at the top of a dyno run- I need large, smooth HP gains and good driveability, when all is said and done. High HP in a car that drives like poop is very unsatisfying!

What can the Fuego do that the Predator cannot? I remain open-minded.
Old 9/13/06, 08:54 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Granatelli
$299.00 to the members
What about members who have already purchased a CAI from you?

-danny
Old 9/13/06, 08:58 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by helicfii
Is the Fuego a "strategy tuner"? I have a Predator right now.

The only issue I have with a strategy tuner is that they are great for the 1st mod, but after you start adding things down the road, like LT headers, throttles bodies, charge motion plates, etc... it becomes important to have a tuning tool that can provide fine, individual adjustments of many parameters, other than A/F ratio in 2 RPM ranges, and global ignition timing. I feel that the Predator is the wrong tool for doing these things, which is why a lot of pro dyno tuners do not work with the Predator tool anymore. I feel that it is a great tool for somebody who has little knowledge, who simply wants a moderate performance increase without getting too involved in maps and parameters. I am leaning more towards the SCT right now. I don't really care about getting the most HP at the top of a dyno run- I need large, smooth HP gains and good driveability, when all is said and done. High HP in a car that drives like poop is very unsatisfying!

What can the Fuego do that the Predator cannot? I remain open-minded.
Diablo, Fuego or SCT - they all work the same. It comes down to the shop the maps the tune. SCT out of the box does not offer anything that Diablo does not as well. Fuego is just the next evolution. Fuego will do anything that Diablo will do I think you are confusing custom tuning with out of the box tunes
Old 9/13/06, 09:13 AM
V6 Member

Thumbs up

$299.00 to the members
That's $100 less than the others and is a super deal even for those of us that have already purchased JR's CAI/MAF (as I have). Thanks JR I can't wait to purchase one (I have subscribed to several promising threads and guess whose number I have on speed dial? joking) . . . hell, my vert won't arrive for another 6 weeks But seriously though, will you accept orders now, JR?
Old 9/13/06, 09:51 AM
GT Member

Diablo, Fuego or SCT - they all work the same. It comes down tot he shop the maps the tune. SCT out of the box does not offer anything that Diablo does not as well. Fuego is just the next evolution. Fuego will do anything that Diablo or SCT will do - it just does it faster. I think you are confusing custom tuning with out of the box tunes
\\

I was told that with the SCT, you could upload a tune onto your laptop and work with it there, as opposed to having to have a tool plugged into the vehicle.

Are you saying that, regardless of which tuning tool I select, an end user, like myself, will have the same parameters available to manipulate in exactly the fashion?

Perhaps I am confusing "out of the box" with custom tuning.

I was under the impression that I could effectively create custom tunes myself with the STC, if I bought their computer software as well (could have sworn I read this somewhere). I guess then, that the difference is that you can buy a tuning "shop" type of software for your own use with the SCT?
Old 9/13/06, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Diablo, Fuego or SCT - they all work the same. It comes down tot he shop the maps the tune. SCT out of the box does not offer anything that Diablo does not as well. Fuego is just the next evolution. Fuego will do anything that Diablo or SCT will do - it just does it faster. I think you are confusing custom tuning with out of the box tunes
Hey JR, that does bring up a good point...Will the fuego have any canned tunes, for example one with your cai/maf? Will people be able to download different tunes depending on their different hardware configurations? I know that I have a "tuner" on my harley that I also plug a computer into it and then can download my tunes into the box, should I make any hardware changes such as cam, heads, etc.
I am also suprised that you (or somebody) didn't just create a "program" that would allow people to use their own laptops, thus saving the hardware cost and simply rely on their own computers to make changes. This seems the best and most cost effective way for everybody. What are your thoughts on these?
Old 9/13/06, 06:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

$299.00 to the members
Will this be offered for over 6 months?

Will you please offer a Thanksgiving/Christmas discount on top of the $299 whenever the holiday season comes around?

I would definitely hit that up.
Old 9/14/06, 05:45 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

$299.00 to the members
Sign me up!
Old 9/18/06, 10:06 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Verted
That's $100 less than the others and is a super deal even for those of us that have already purchased JR's CAI/MAF (as I have). Thanks JR I can't wait to purchase one (I have subscribed to several promising threads and guess whose number I have on speed dial? joking) . . . hell, my vert won't arrive for another 6 weeks But seriously though, will you accept orders now, JR?
We will accept orders very soon
Old 9/18/06, 10:10 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by helicfii
\\

I was told that with the SCT, you could upload a tune onto your laptop and work with it there, as opposed to having to have a tool plugged into the vehicle.

Are you saying that, regardless of which tuning tool I select, an end user, like myself, will have the same parameters available to manipulate in exactly the fashion?

Perhaps I am confusing "out of the box" with custom tuning.

I was under the impression that I could effectively create custom tunes myself with the STC, if I bought their computer software as well (could have sworn I read this somewhere). I guess then, that the difference is that you can buy a tuning "shop" type of software for your own use with the SCT?
I do not profess to be an expert on SCT and in fact I know very little about it. But I do agree with our statement. There is software available so that a person can manipulate their own tunes with the SCT Xcal stuff. Fuego will NOT offer that service.

Quick Reply: Granatelli Fuego Tuner! What can we expect?