GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Fuego Tuner! What can we expect?

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/06, 05:51 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Soon

I spoke to Morgan (805-486-6644, x17) and the Fuego Flash Tuner for my 2007 Mustang GT Convertible was shipped by UPS today. Since I live in Canada, it may take 2 weeks. Will provide an update after I try it. The manual is at http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/pdf/manual77.pdf. I'm getting my Christmas gift early.
Old 12/7/06, 06:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just got my Fuego today!!! Now I need to go drive around in circles to burn out that regular gas so I can get the good stuff, and install the new tune. Gotta go, burn gas. I'll check back in when I get tune installed.
Old 12/8/06, 06:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ARBO
I just got my Fuego today!!! Now I need to go drive around in circles to burn out that regular gas so I can get the good stuff, and install the new tune. Gotta go, burn gas. I'll check back in when I get tune installed.
Keep us informed. Even though I jumped ship, I'm still interested in hearing about the product. Thanks
Old 12/11/06, 03:40 PM
Former Vendor

a bit off topic but still Granatelli-ish

Old 12/13/06, 07:57 AM
V6 Member

Talking Pretty impressive, JR

I saw an article in one of the Ford Muscle Car Mags several months ago that had similar results. Do your 3V coilpacks produce similar increases?
Old 12/13/06, 04:44 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Verted
I saw an article in one of the Ford Muscle Car Mags several months ago that had similar results. Do your 3V coilpacks produce similar increases?
Yes - there have been several tests on 3v engines as well. Please note a stock engine with no other changes but the coils usually sees a 5hp increase but much better idle. However, an N/A 3 valve engine from DSS just made 355 with stock coils and 369 with ours
Old 12/15/06, 07:46 AM
V6 Member

Talking The fun will soon commence

UPS delivered the Fuego Flash Tuner yesterday; thanks Morgan & JR. It sure looks elegant and futuristic - I think that it's for the space shuttle and not my 07 Mustang. The Hypertech Power Programmer III # 30025 for my SS looks like it's from the 40s, in comparison. The funny thing is, that although I ordered my 2007 Mustang GT Convertible in August 8 (of this year), I'll be picking it up this Monday.

After I cycle a couple of tanks of premium through it, I'll use it and report back (before year's end).

Steve, how's the 06 working?
Old 12/15/06, 08:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Since I've installed the tune it has been pooring rain. So, no hot rodding, I mean testing going on yet. But the car is running fine for my daily comuting. I'm anxious for the weather to straighten up. I don't feel the need to drive around on premium fuel without the option of the fun factor. Hey, it's not raining now, just 50mph wind gusts. That makes for fun driving, dodging tumbleweeds. That's right tumleweeds, not all of this state is covered with Evergreen trees.
Old 12/15/06, 10:04 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Ah Steve, you must be from the eastern side. No one ever seems to know about that part of the state. Where are you, Tri-Cities? Yakima? Spokane?
Or someplace smaller, like Moses Lake?

Picking the tumbleweeds off of the fence after a windstorm was always a chore when I lived in Kennewick, many many years ago.
Old 12/16/06, 11:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Jay, I'm in Kennewick. And we love Vegas. Our SVT Club plans a trip there in May.
Anyway, I did get the car out just a little bit yesterday, didn't make backroads or highway, but it surely fels more responsive and even funner to play with now. Hopefully I'll get out this weekend, without wife in the car, to try some more fun stuff.
Old 12/16/06, 04:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Fuego = FUNNNN
Just got back from "horsing around" and man what fun. No power launches since I have on my studless snow tires, but the pick-up and gitty-up and go are great. The nice police free section of road I was on (in the sticks) wasn't to long but at 110mph the convertible top was whistling and then I ran out of road. But, in general the power bands seem fun, I do have an auto trans. and the GMS CAI, GMS exhaust is on it's way. Just great fun, I can't wait for spring when the tracks open. So, as far as I'm concerned, great product as usual from GMS.
P.S. I found out that my new heart really likes speed. I'll bet I got a racer's heart. Thank you donor family, I'll keep him safe!
Old 12/16/06, 05:43 PM
V6 Member

Thumbs up Good one!

That's great, Arbo! You are one of the lucky ones.
Old 12/20/06, 05:32 PM
Former Vendor

Here is the recent video link from the PRI show

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/05mustang/fuegoflashtuner.htm
Old 12/20/06, 07:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Granatelli
Here is the recent video link from the PRI show

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/05mustang/fuegoflashtuner.htm
That was a very interesting video. The one thing that struck me was that since it's about the same price (and maybe more expensive) as a tuner from the others (example Bama), but it really just gives you a modest tune (probably more of what Ford should have done from the factory), then the racers will probably want to stay with a Bama tune (unless doug gets a fuego and starts popping out tunes). JR, I think to sell more of these, your gonna have to start coming out with some downloadable tunes for different setups. My Harley has a 'power commander' module on it and you can download tons of different equipment updates to match whatever you might be running. Unless I have misunderstood the function of this tuner, I would have to go with the current BAMA setup. Those of you that just got one, is this your impression and would you do this purchase again or go the Bama tune? The fuego sounds like a better box that has the capacity to do more but isn't quite up to the "tunes" of the others yet.
Old 12/20/06, 07:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Didn't JR say something back a while about tunes from the X-Cal being compatible with the Fuego? Or am I losing my mind?
Old 12/20/06, 07:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

I find my Fuego so user friendly and watching the video, it looks like I have more great things and uses to learn with it. Good info JR.
Old 12/20/06, 08:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by theedge67
Didn't JR say something back a while about tunes from the X-Cal being compatible with the Fuego? Or am I losing my mind?
I think I remember hearing that as well but I still want to see somebody actually do it. None of the tuners are inexpensive (which is 1 reason why I haven't done one yet) so I want to make sure I get the best bang for the buck I can (and more importantly, most reliable)..
Old 12/26/06, 01:46 PM
GT Member

The Fuego tune was installed last week, and yes, the difference is there! I also have the CAI/MAS. What I immediately noticed was a difference in the response...no lag which translated to better (more precise) shifts between gears(I've got an '07 5 spd w/ 355's.) Hard to tell how by how much, but the additional power can be felt. Just a far better, overall feel in how the car performes.
Old 12/26/06, 02:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

So if you buy one Fuego for your Mustang, can you also use it on your truck after you put a tune in your Mustang. So you would have one Fuego tuner, and have a tune loaded on your Mustang and your truck.
Old 1/8/07, 01:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Bump.

Quick Reply: Granatelli Fuego Tuner! What can we expect?