GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Fuego Tuner! What can we expect?

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/06, 02:56 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rfurley
Will the Fuego tunes that are packaged with the Fuego address the throttle lag?

In another post you mentioned that the throttle lag needs to be addressed in the stepper motor "count" rate which is best addressed with programming.

Will your tunes make those changes?

thanks.

yes - we address the drive by wire lag
Old 9/21/06, 07:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Granatelli
I do not profess to be an expert on SCT and in fact I know very little about it. But I do agree with our statement. There is software available so that a person can manipulate their own tunes with the SCT Xcal stuff. Fuego will NOT offer that service.
Will their be Fuego Custom tuning shops like SCT or will they all be canned tunes from you guys kinda like Diablo with their non-tuning dealers?

The reason I ask of course is like most with SCT's Strategy flasher once they buy it and do something beyond the capabilities of it they can upload new tunes into it from a custom tuning dealer. This way it's not useless if they want to do additional upgrades to their car.

Yes, I know Diablo offers something similiar but with their limited offerings I've even had a Diablo dealer order a X-2 from me because they couldn't offer anything for their customers with CMRC delete's and a CAI.

Just wondering and if so then I may need to look into purchasing this.

Thanks Doug
Old 9/21/06, 08:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Doug904
Will their be Fuego Custom tuning shops like SCT or will they all be canned tunes from you guys kinda like Diablo with their non-tuning dealers?

The reason I ask of course is like most with SCT's Strategy flasher once they buy it and do something beyond the capabilities of it they can upload new tunes into it from a custom tuning dealer. This way it's not useless if they want to do additional upgrades to their car.

Yes, I know Diablo offers something similiar but with their limited offerings I've even had a Diablo dealer order a X-2 from me because they couldn't offer anything for their customers with CMRC delete's and a CAI.

Just wondering and if so then I may need to look into purchasing this.

Thanks Doug
A most excellent question!!! I wish I knew more about these tuners. I would like to hear the differences and or advantages of the fuego vs the others as well as what works the same on each unit. This could turn into a very good post if we get a couple of the tuner guys involved.
Old 9/22/06, 02:59 AM

Fuego. I hope it's better than the crappy Renault of the same name.
Old 9/25/06, 05:51 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by thump_rrr
Fuego. I hope it's better than the crappy Renault of the same name.

The turbo Fuego was a fast car until it blew up
Old 9/25/06, 05:56 PM
Former Vendor

Our goal is to ship Fuego with canned tunes. While it does have the ability to import and export custom tunes via the USB port, we have no immediate plans to send out customized tunes. However the tool will support various CAI systems and and other bolt on like blower pulley changes on 03-04 Cobra and 07 GT500 cars, as well as lightnings. We won't let you down. If you are looking for ultra custom tunes I would say try Sniper Tuning, HP tuner, EFI live, UniChip and companies like that
Old 9/26/06, 07:43 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jr, I have your CAI w/MAF. When your turner becomes available, would more performace be gained with your MAF, or with the OEM MAF. I know that the purpose of your MAF was so that your CAI would function properly without a tune. Now, with the tune, your MAF should not be a factor? Would there be any differences between the two MAFs(OEM vs GMS)? Thanks
Old 9/26/06, 10:03 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Jr, I have your CAI w/MAF. When your turner becomes available, would more performace be gained with your MAF, or with the OEM MAF. I know that the purpose of your MAF was so that your CAI would function properly without a tune. Now, with the tune, your MAF should not be a factor? Would there be any differences between the two MAFs(OEM vs GMS)? Thanks
Fuego will work with the GMS MAF or OEM unit. Regardless of whose tuner you use, The GMS MAF in the CAI never needs to be replaced. The flash tools on the market have canned tunes that have multipliers designed into them for the lean condition cuase by some CAI intake systems. When programing you car with any tuner just say NO when it prompts you to add a multiplier for a CAI

Does that explain it
Old 9/26/06, 12:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Fuego will work with the GMS MAF or OEM unit. Regardless of whose tuner you use, The GMS MAF in the CAI never needs to be replaced. The flash tools on the market have canned tunes that have multipliers designed into them for the lean condition cuase by some CAI intake systems. When programing you car with any tuner just say NO when it prompts you to add a multiplier for a CAI

Does that explain it
Clear as mud...lol. No, just kidding. So with the GMS MAF I would say no when the tuner prompts to add a multiplier... without the GMS MAF I would said yes... Wasn't planning on getting a turner, but HP is additive. Thanks
Old 9/26/06, 12:16 PM
Cobra Member

Does that explain it
Ok, so I picked up around 18 - 20 rwhp with the GMS CAI w/MAF, if using the tuner with your CAI w/MAF, how many more rwhp are you seeing in testing with the Feugo?

Thx,
-danny
Old 9/26/06, 11:19 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Clear as mud...lol. No, just kidding. So with the GMS MAF I would say no when the tuner prompts to add a multiplier... without the GMS MAF I would said yes... Wasn't planning on getting a turner, but HP is additive. Thanks
Correct
Old 9/26/06, 11:20 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx
Ok, so I picked up around 18 - 20 rwhp with the GMS CAI w/MAF, if using the tuner with your CAI w/MAF, how many more rwhp are you seeing in testing with the Feugo?

Thx,
-danny
7 to 10 max with no other changes
Old 9/27/06, 06:50 PM
GT Member

Any new projected date for the fuego tuner? And is the TMS member discount still goin to be in affect for it?
Old 9/27/06, 06:55 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by one_mean_marine
Any new projected date for the fuego tuner? And is the TMS member discount still goin to be in affect for it?
3 weeks-ish and yes
Old 9/29/06, 08:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Jr, Will the attached thread generated by Doug/BamaChips be addressed with the Fuego as well? Thanks
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...highlight=doug
Old 10/1/06, 07:01 PM
V6 Member

That PCM Calibration code change is pretty scary stuff
Old 10/3/06, 11:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Our goal is to ship Fuego with canned tunes. While it does have the ability to import and export custom tunes via the USB port, we have no immediate plans to send out customized tunes. However the tool will support various CAI systems and and other bolt on like blower pulley changes on 03-04 Cobra and 07 GT500 cars, as well as lightnings. We won't let you down. If you are looking for ultra custom tunes I would say try Sniper Tuning, HP tuner, EFI live, UniChip and companies like that

So its the same as a SCT Strategy Flasher supporting a few different cars with canned tunes but if a customer has a few different parts then they'd still need a custom tune which the Fuego will not have any custom tuning dealers so the support will be even harder then that of the SF or even Diablo.

I get alot of guys daily converting their SF to a 9400 because of this so you may want to think about setting up some sort of tuning network.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 10/4/06, 08:14 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Doug904
So its the same as a SCT Strategy Flasher supporting a few different cars with canned tunes but if a customer has a few different parts then they'd still need a custom tune which the Fuego will not have any custom tuning dealers so the support will be even harder then that of the SF or even Diablo.

I get alot of guys daily converting their SF to a 9400 because of this so you may want to think about setting up some sort of tuning network.

Thanks, Doug.
Great Food for thought - look at how many people are purchasing our CAI just becuase it does not require a tune. I agree custom anything is better then canned but we are pretty darn close with our calibrations . And naturally it does not hurt that we are in bed with Hitachi. My engineers are the same engineers that do the factory calibrations on all the Fords for the Ford Engineers.
Old 10/7/06, 09:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Jr, Fuego still on schedule...two weeks? Thanks
Old 10/7/06, 11:08 PM

I'm new to "Mustang World" and have come over from "Motorcycle Land" I'm not clear on what a tuner like Fuego/SCT does.

The first post shows a Fuego tuner map where there was a huge HP gain just by using the Fuego? Is the OEM map that inefficient?

Anyone care to provide the basics? How does it work? Where does it plug in? What does it do?

thanks

Quick Reply: Granatelli Fuego Tuner! What can we expect?