GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Fuego Tuner! What can we expect?

Search this Thread

Old 9/18/06, 10:18 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by harleybill
Hey JR, that does bring up a good point...Will the Fuego have any canned tunes, for example one with your cai/maf? Will people be able to download different tunes depending on their different hardware configurations? I know that I have a "tuner" on my Harley that I also plug a computer into it and then can download my tunes into the box, should I make any hardware changes such as cam, heads, etc.
Originally Posted by harleybill
I am also surprised that you (or somebody) didn't just create a "program" that would allow people to use their own laptops, thus saving the hardware cost and simply rely on their own computers to make changes. This seems the best and most cost effective way for everybody. What are your thoughts on these?

I think we are all going in the wrong direction. Fuego is designed to be an out of the box solution to your needs. It was never intended to be an SCT type tool that primarily caters to the tuner shops that in turn make custom tunes for the end user. Fuego, like most of the Granatelli products we sell, is intended to be a plug and play flash tool. Plug it in and follow the menu. You can adjust for transmission shift RPM and firmness in an auto trans, calibrate for gear and tire changes and YES it has tunes for various CAI systems like GMS. So yes we will be able to address most of the popular bolt on stuff like intakes and exhaust.

In closing if the customer wants to use a laptop to reflash and reconfigure their own ECM/PCM then Fuego is probably not the best tool for them today.
Old 9/18/06, 06:23 PM
Cobra Member

Will the Fuego be updatable in that you can develop new tunes as new parts come about?
Old 9/18/06, 06:42 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Infinity
Will the Fuego be updatable in that you can develop new tunes as new parts come about?
Yep
Old 9/19/06, 10:08 AM
GT Member

Getting ready to order my Granatelli CAI just curious if the deal on the Fuego for TMS members is still goin and if so how do we partake in it? Thnx
Old 9/19/06, 10:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by one_mean_marine
Getting ready to order my Granatelli CAI just curious if the deal on the Fuego for TMS members is still goin and if so how do we partake in it? Thnx
It's not on sale yet, but when it is finally released, Mr. Granatelli has promised to run a special deal for us. Can't wait!!
Old 9/19/06, 12:34 PM
V6 Member

Question Another silly Fuego Flash Tuner (F996517) Question for JR

Your GMS URL states that your tuner includes 87, 89, 91 and 93 octane tunes. In terms of hp & torque (and all round drivability and response), is there a meaningful difference between them? Is there a point of diminishing returns? While most of us probably wouldn't mind paying more at the pump, if there's just a tiny difference, then . . .
Old 9/19/06, 01:57 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Verted
Your GMS URL states that your tuner includes 87, 89, 91 and 93 octane tunes. In terms of hp & torque (and all round drivability and response), is there a meaningful difference between them? Is there a point of diminishing returns? While most of us probably wouldn't mind paying more at the pump, if there's just a tiny difference, then . . .
87 & 89 are pretty much the same but we get more aggressive down low with timing on the 89 octane

91 & 93 - same story

You will see more power from the 93 tune then the other but 87 & 89 make about the same plus or minus 1 or 2
Old 9/19/06, 03:08 PM
V6 Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Granatelli
more power from the 93 tune
Thanks for your response, JR . . . 93 it is
Old 9/19/06, 04:11 PM
Cobra Member

Use care with the 93. It's great where I live, we have 93, but I travel frquently, and not everywhere has 93, some only go to 91.
Old 9/20/06, 08:10 AM
V6 Member

Lightbulb

Good point, Infinity. The situation is also quite bleak in Western Canada, especially if you've bought into "Top Tier" (http://www.toptiergas.com). If you have, then Chevron Supreme Plus (octane rating of 94) is your only real choice, if you live in BC (I'm in Alberta and SOL). Otherwise, Shell's V-Power (octane rating of 91) is your only "easy" Top Tier choice. If you don't care about Top Tier, then selected Husky and Mohawk stations have Mohawk's Premium Plus 94 Octane; alternatively, Petro Canada has some stations. Or you may decide to go with the hassle of procuring AV gas. Since it's leaded, remove (or for that legal look, gut) your cats and disable the rear O2 codes with your fancy Fuego Flash Tuner (http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/pr087.htm). Nobody said that it was going to be easy.
By the way, I don't want to bother with Octane Boosters (Toulene) or adding Xylene or Methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE) or alcohol.
Old 9/20/06, 04:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JR, What's the ETA now...? Keep us updated on the progress. Thanks!
Old 9/20/06, 08:27 PM
Former Vendor

well look at it like this. All our 91 octane tunes are perfect becuase that is teh best we can do. If you load the 91 or lower tune you make great power and never need to worry

looks like about 6 more weeks
Old 9/20/06, 10:49 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
well look at it like this. All our 91 octane tunes are perfect becuase that is teh best we can do. If you load the 91 or lower tune you make great power and never need to worry

looks like about 6 more weeks
I can't get 91 here. Only 93 or more, or 89 or less. Live Free or Die State.
Old 9/21/06, 12:00 AM
Cobra Member

this is becoming nothing but an ignorant GMS fan boy forum. The fuego is no better than any other handheld.

-Dan
Old 9/21/06, 01:10 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by karman
I can't get 91 here. Only 93 or more, or 89 or less. Live Free or Die State.
Well you can run the 91 tune with the 93 gas or go for the gusto

Dan - still stalking me

Fuego will do everything the other popular tools will do plus it comes with 128MB of memory - so it is Super Fast - in fact it will load a tune in less then 60 seconds

In the end Cleveland is corect - like I said before once the tuner knows what to do, he can push keys until he is blue in teh face - it won't make more pwer
Old 9/21/06, 08:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cleveland
this is becoming nothing but an ignorant GMS fan boy forum. The fuego is no better than any other handheld.

-Dan
If it's faster and stores more data, then it's better. Doesn't take an idiot to figure that one out ! or does it?
Old 9/21/06, 08:54 AM
Former Vendor

Fuego comes with 128MB of memory - so it is Super Fast - in fact it will load a tune in less then 60 seconds

In the end Cleveland is correct - like I said before once the tuner knows what to do, he can push keys until he is blue in the face - it won't make more power
same story
Old 9/21/06, 09:02 AM
V6 Member

Talking

Also consider the source - JR is there for us.

ignorant GMS fan man Bill (way to go Dan)
Old 9/21/06, 09:05 AM

Throttle lag

Will the Fuego tunes that are packaged with the Fuego address the throttle lag?

In another post you mentioned that the throttle lag needs to be addressed in the stepper motor "count" rate which is best addressed with programming.

Will your tunes make those changes?

thanks.

Old 9/21/06, 09:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Verted
Also consider the source - JR is there for us.

ignorant GMS fan man Bill (way to go Dan)

???????????????????????????????

Quick Reply: Granatelli Fuego Tuner! What can we expect?