GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Fuego Tuner! What can we expect?

Search this Thread

Old 8/16/06, 12:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Granatelli Fuego Tuner! What can we expect?

One one of the other posts, the GMS Fuego tuner was shown to cause pretty nice improvements on a bone stock car. I would like to keep this topic strictly on the FUEGO tuner and not get a debate on weather one tuner is better than another. That's not the point here. I would just like to see an informative post for a change that keeps in line what it started out to be. Results should make the TMS members more knowledgable about this product and after all, isn't that what we really want to know. I would like to see Joey (JR) Granatelli post his dyno charts for bone stock, maybe his t-body, CAI/MAS sensor and whatever other combos somebody can think of. Once he posts his results, hopefully those that buy the product will also get some dyno runs and post those as well. We all like totally unbiased results. Lets keep this one civil and to the point guys. Knowledge is power (especially when upgrading car parts).....

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com...yno15small.jpg
Old 8/27/06, 10:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JR, what kind of results can we expect with your Fuego tuner along with your CAI/MAF combo? I've been holding out for the Fuego to come out and see if you'll offer another great combo offer. I don't need a full out dyno graph, just a good ballpark number will do.
Old 8/27/06, 10:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the tuner looks alot like the predator
Old 8/28/06, 12:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by FireFighterHill
the tuner looks alot like the predator
I agree, it looks like the features and parameters that it can change are similar to a Predator or SCT, however the HP/Torque increase by itself with no CAI is much larger than other tuners. Also the CAI HP/Torque increase is much larger by itself than other CAI's. I'm wondering if together they will amount to an even larger HP/Torque increase. 30hp for the Fuego, and 20-something for the CAI, together could be great!!
Old 9/6/06, 07:50 AM
V6 Member

Smile

Some of us are just waiting for availability, especially if the Fuego Flash Tuner will also be set up for our 2007s. After seeing all of JR's posts, it won't take a great leap of faith for me to purchase one as soon as it's available.
Old 9/6/06, 08:01 AM
Cobra Member

I will be installing my Granatelli CAI this week so I too am interested in the combination of CAI and Fuego tune. If 40 rwhp can be achieved with this combo I think they'll have a real winner on their hands.

-danny
Old 9/6/06, 11:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx
I will be installing my Granatelli CAI this week so I too am interested in the combination of CAI and Fuego tune. If 40 rwhp can be achieved with this combo I think they'll have a real winner on their hands.

-danny

I'm just curious, as I"m new to fixing up newer domestics.. but is 40Rwhp from a tune and CAI possible?

I'm coming from the other side of the fence (imports) and CAI's typically gave maybe MAYBE 8-10hp if that...

again, just curious.. seems like a lot from where i'm standing.
Old 9/6/06, 12:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 06GTwBOOST
I'm just curious, as I"m new to fixing up newer domestics.. but is 40Rwhp from a tune and CAI possible?

I'm coming from the other side of the fence (imports) and CAI's typically gave maybe MAYBE 8-10hp if that...

again, just curious.. seems like a lot from where i'm standing.
They show a 20 rwhp with just a CAI on their own dyno sheet

And with the Fuego their showing 25 rwhp

So if you take those numbers realizing you can't add HP claims from both and just add them together for 45 rwhp, I'm hoping that realistically we could see from 30 - 40 rwhp with the two.

JR, if y'all need a test car in Dallas, just let me know! :-)

-danny
Old 9/6/06, 01:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

I always hated when people added numbers together... i would tend to think of it more as an average of the two numbers... I hope to see some decent numbers as well.

I've noticed that V8's tend to have more significant gains than a little tiny 4cylinder import when it comes to siimple boltons....

haha
Old 9/6/06, 02:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

So if you take those numbers realizing you can't add HP claims from both and just add them together for 45 rwhp, I'm hoping that realistically we could see from 30 - 40 rwhp with the two.

-danny

Actually if you take the dyno numbers they are more like 29hp for the CAI and 31hp for the Fuego. Must have added wrong, or maybe you used the Torque numbers. Either way, nearly 30hp for each individually, wonder what they will do together!!
Old 9/6/06, 02:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by theedge67
Actually if you take the dyno numbers they are more like 29hp for the CAI and 31hp for the Fuego. Must have added wrong, or maybe you used the Torque numbers. Either way, nearly 30hp for each individually, wonder what they will do together!!
Oops, my bad. You're right. I also believe it'd be more an average than addition, that's why expecting 30 - 40 from both would be great.

-danny
Old 9/6/06, 02:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Agreed, 40HP with maybe 30-35Ft/lbs would be great, that would make it a totally different car IMO! Now if only we can get JR to swing us another great combo deal as soon as the Fuego is released!!
Old 9/6/06, 02:37 PM
Cobra Member

Agreed, 40HP with maybe 30-35Ft/lbs would be great, that would make it a totally different car IMO! Now if only we can get JR to swing us another great combo deal as soon as the Fuego is released!!
Let's see 40 with a tune and CAI, 10 from UDP, and another 25 from LTH... I'd love to have an extra 75 rwhp!
Old 9/6/06, 02:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Think you'd get 25rwhp from long tubes? I don't know, don't have them and haven't really even looked into them, but that seems like a lot.
Old 9/6/06, 03:04 PM
Cobra Member

Think you'd get 25rwhp from long tubes? I don't know, don't have them and haven't really even looked into them, but that seems like a lot.
Further research is showing that it's probably closer to 10-15 for the LTH. Most people are claiming more, but that may be due to the tuning as well.

-danny
Old 9/6/06, 03:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

-danny
JR, Fort Worth is much closer to you than Dallas!
Old 9/6/06, 11:02 PM

Joey,

Do you want to test your Fuego on an 07 GT 5 speed? Let me know and you can have my car for a few days.

Mike Sullivan
Rawls/Lopez gate
Old 9/6/06, 11:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

-danny
This is simply bolting the new cold air intake on and not tampering with the stock ECU at all, correct?
Old 9/6/06, 11:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 06GTwBOOST
I always hated when people added numbers together... i would tend to think of it more as an average of the two numbers... I hope to see some decent numbers as well.

I've noticed that V8's tend to have more significant gains than a little tiny 4cylinder import when it comes to siimple boltons....

haha
I agree. I hate it when people add numbers together regarding parts and how much horsepower they gained alone.

I also hate when people say how much they gained by installing <insert> part, but don't mention the fact that it was also tuned/retuned.
Old 9/7/06, 06:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Stang281
This is simply bolting the new cold air intake on and not tampering with the stock ECU at all, correct?
Correct, the new cold air intake comes with a different MAF sensor though, and it is recalibrated to that CAI. Kind of like tuning the ECU, but not really.

Quick Reply: Granatelli Fuego Tuner! What can we expect?