GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

FORD RACING SUPERCHARGER It's Coming!

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/06, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nonsensez9
the farging bastages have released the 2screw for 5.4liter 3valve trucks already. http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9358

I suppose they're delaying the mustang version because they don't want to steal the thunder from the GT500.... want to make those people paying $70,000 feel like they're getting something for their money, don't ya know.

And it says:

Installation of this kit will void your new vehicle powertrain warranty
Old 6/8/06, 03:32 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
like all other standalone FRPP superchargers....
Old 6/8/06, 04:03 PM

FWIW has anybody seen the August issue of 5.0, pg. 108? Interesting stuff!!!
Old 6/8/06, 04:21 PM
I Have No Life

uh... no... explain
Old 6/8/06, 04:40 PM

Basically it's an ad for Ford Racing Performance Packs featuring the yellow mustang gt with black stripes displayed at SEMA( I think) along with a underhood shot of the Ford Racing/Whipple supercharger polished, complete with a nice aluminum (think Canton) intercooler reservoir!
Old 6/8/06, 05:19 PM
I Have No Life

Ah yes...the FR500 Street (Yellow/black)

Yeah, the whipple looks nice under there...
Probably looks like whats on the Whipple page.

Basically FRPP is taking off the shelf parts and rebadging them ...and giving them warranty.

Case in point... FRPP Axleback - Borla
Shifter - Hurst
Super charger, intake etc etc

Not that I mind, they are usually cheaper than the branded part....
Old 6/11/06, 07:06 PM
I Have No Life

still waiting word
Old 6/13/06, 05:28 PM
V6 Member

Update from Tulsa

I stopped in at the Ford Racing trailer in Tulsa last week. I inquired about when Ford Racing will have the Whipple out. The rep said he would be very surprised to see it this year. He further stated it is not a problem with the supercharger. The rep basically said Whipple is producing as many as they can and can't meet their current demand let alone the demands the 2005/06/07 Mustang would create.
Old 6/13/06, 05:47 PM
V6 Member

well that sucks
Old 6/13/06, 06:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Justabear
I stopped in at the Ford Racing trailer in Tulsa last week. I inquired about when Ford Racing will have the Whipple out. The rep said he would be very surprised to see it this year. He further stated it is not a problem with the supercharger. The rep basically said Whipple is producing as many as they can and can't meet their current demand let alone the demands the 2005/06/07 Mustang would create.

Due to personal perferences, how I drive my car, etc, I had kind of zeroed in on the Saleen unit but wanted to see what developed with Ford. If this is true, then IMO Ford is missing out on those owners who it really meant something to them to have a "FORD "s/c - thereby letting the aftermarket companies fill the void. Think its curious that at the same time, they are threatening lawsuits against companies for using the word "Mustang" and so forth. Just my initial thoughts.
Old 6/14/06, 05:31 AM
GT Member

Supercharged

I went with a Saleen because it is sold on the Mustang GT as a product line(S281 SC) as well as having an aftermarket customer base. It's torque is right behind the horsepower, and JDM Engineering has put hundreds of their tunes out there already on the Saleen. Saleen assembles the Ford GT at their plant, as well as building their S-7 from scratch. I think it's obvious that Saleen had the heads up from Ford 3 years ago on how to design the perfect supercharger for this car. The twin screw. A Saleen Ford dealer and Saleen will warranty the SC for a year with the upper engine. I don't see how the Whipple is going to do anything other than emulate the Saleen or the Kenne Bell. Ford as a company has not taken advantage of the safe and real Supercharged potential and market for the Mustang GT. It's a little late in the game for me to care. Erik
Attached Thumbnails FORD RACING SUPERCHARGER It's Coming!-eriksmustang-.jpg  
Old 6/14/06, 06:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Cool

I went with the Roush because it's a great kit (albeit a small-ish roots blower) and their close association with Ford (powertrain development). The fit and finish is exactly what you would expect from such a relationship. Granted it's not a big-power type piece and I traded a little performance for the other things like OE aesthetics and engineering that are important to me. I'm in the process of finishing the install but I'm waiting for some other parts to arrive before I can finish (GT500 parts).

Here's a teaser pic:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ngine_Side.jpg
Old 6/14/06, 10:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
I went with a Saleen because it is sold on the Mustang GT as a product line(S281 SC) as well as having an aftermarket customer base. It's torque is right behind the horsepower, and JDM Engineering has put hundreds of their tunes out there already on the Saleen. Saleen assembles the Ford GT at their plant, as well as building their S-7 from scratch. I think it's obvious that Saleen had the heads up from Ford 3 years ago on how to design the perfect supercharger for this car. The twin screw. A Saleen Ford dealer and Saleen will warranty the SC for a year with the upper engine. I don't see how the Whipple is going to do anything other than emulate the Saleen or the Kenne Bell. Ford as a company has not taken advantage of the safe and real Supercharged potential and market for the Mustang GT. It's a little late in the game for me to care. Erik
Eric,
You should know that the current Saleen compressor is what Whipple used to use before last year. It is built by Lysholm. Whipple recently started building their own compressors. If anything, Whipple is the cutting edge of the twin-screw world.
I'm not bashing the Saleen at all. I think it is one of the cleanest installs around. Not to mention I could have bought the Saleen nearly a year ago, instead of waiting.

Frank
Old 6/14/06, 09:38 PM
GT Member

The Whipple

Ok. I guess I'll wait another year and then break my warranty again with the Whipple, which will be a whole lot different than the Saleen, or the Kenne Bell. Now Im depressed. No, wait. That's right, my car will be totally done by then, and I'll spend the next 12 years or more enjoying my 430 rwhp 3530lb blah blah blah blahblah................................you know the rest. Love Erik
Attached Thumbnails FORD RACING SUPERCHARGER It's Coming!-eriksmustang06.jpg  
Old 6/14/06, 11:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

I can't afford one until next year anyway.... then again there's always the line o' credit.
Old 6/15/06, 03:41 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by nonsensez9
I can't afford one until next year anyway.... then again there's always the line o' credit.
I've thought the EXACT same thing
Old 6/16/06, 02:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Justabear
I just got off the phone with the FRPP hot-line. The rep said that they were told a release date of July 1.... but the next day they were informed that Ford is going to build a bunch of cars using that S/C so the release date will be delayed - but not much. He didn't say what car, and I forgot to ask how much boost. Anyone else care to call them? (586) 468-1356
Old 6/16/06, 06:58 PM
I Have No Life

for that... you must call back and get all details to redeem yourself
Old 6/20/06, 01:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
for that... you must call back and get all details to redeem yourself
called back. They offered no additional details - except that Whipple can't keep up.
Old 6/20/06, 01:50 PM
I Have No Life

Dang... but thanks for calling back.

Comeon whipple

Quick Reply: FORD RACING SUPERCHARGER It's Coming!