GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

FORD RACING SUPERCHARGER It's Coming!

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/06, 06:46 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don, what are the new numbers your putting down for your new engine, do you know yet? I'm going to visit Adam next week. Erik
Old 5/5/06, 07:12 AM
GT Member

Also, I agree that the Mustang GT has a stock aeodynamic barrier of 143, if you add a chin splitter, hood venting, and a lot more power(like the GT500) you will get to the 160's or 170's.
In fact the 400hp GTO has an electronic govern at 161mph, the Mustang body design has a lower aerodynamic restriction on it at higher speeds. The GTO without the govern and adding minimal skirting and venting(aero body kit) like the Corvette initially has a much more aerodynamic design than the Mustang body to begin with.
The Charger also has a fairly flat front face, and like the Mustang is not as aerodynamic as the other 1990's boring nosed cars. The GTO suffers from a boring snout like the previous generation or two of Mustangs, where as the Corvette has always looked sleek with it's low sloping aero front.
The awsome looking grill area of the Mustang carries an aerodynamic penalty, adding any amount of power. Remember, an indy car is designed with so much down force it could easily drive on an upside track when it is up to speed, so aerodynamic forces are un-movable after certain speeds. Love Erik
Old 5/5/06, 08:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Eric,
Do you think you could stay on the topic of this thread, or at least pick one of the five other topics you have brought up? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 08:27 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wsmatau @ May 5, 2006, 10:21 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Eric,
Do you think you could stay on the topic of this thread, or at least pick one of the five other topics you have brought up? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

i've only seen one topic: bench racing [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 08:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Al Blue4.6l @ May 5, 2006, 8:30 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
i've only seen one topic: bench racing [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 12:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Al Blue4.6l @ May 4, 2006, 9:40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
what are you gonna do if hes modded too? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Won't matter... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(erik42 @ May 5, 2006, 5:49 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Don, what are the new numbers your putting down for your new engine, do you know yet? I'm going to visit Adam next week. Erik
[/b][/quote]

It's not built yet...
Old 5/5/06, 07:29 PM
GT Member

Well Don, I was responding earlier to your response to the group of shutting some GT500's down, which I don't doubt since I was responding to your comment that some couldn't connect right away of how you are going to shut down a 3920 lb car with 500hp flywheel which will only be at about 4.3 or possibly 4.2 0-60mph any time you wished with your new engine. Ifeel that is actually following the same thought as others. Erik
Old 5/14/06, 01:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Anybody hear anything more definite on this?
Old 5/22/06, 01:17 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Still waiting on more news....
On the site it still says TBD/coming soon.
That was suppose to be back in April... whats the friggin hold up!?!?!

And just to note as well in teh GT500 section,
there is a Super Pack for it as well, upgrading the blower
Old 6/2/06, 09:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
Still waiting on more news....
On the site it still says TBD/coming soon.
That was suppose to be back in April... whats the friggin hold up!?!?!
I'm guessing Whipple has something to do with it....their system had been delayed too, from what I've been hearing, and they are probably developing the FR supercharger.
Old 6/2/06, 09:26 PM
Cobra Member

The Ford Racing SC and the Whipple unit are the same...

-Dan
Old 6/2/06, 09:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Well there you have it.
Old 6/3/06, 11:46 AM
I Have No Life

Getting a little long.......
Old 6/3/06, 02:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Boomer they have been advertising this S/C since Feb '05. Whipple has had serious issues getting this out. They continually set dates for release and break them. Now that they have resolved the compressor supply shortage, I believe, they are waiting on FRPP to supply them with the GT500 fuel pumps for the kits. But, that is just an educated guess.
I honestly believe that this kit will be the best out there for a "stock" engine, in terms of HP production and potential to expand. But if you are impatient, and want results within the next couple of weeks/months, you may want to go another road.
Old 6/3/06, 03:28 PM
Cobra R Member

The latest is in MM & FF, read about it.
Old 6/3/06, 07:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by traffic142
The latest is in MM & FF, read about it.
Anything you read in a magazine is already at least 3 months old... I doubt if they have the "latest" in there.
Old 6/3/06, 09:09 PM
I Have No Life

I'm just a little miffed that they mentioned 'jan/feb' and later became..'end of april' etc etc
I don't even care if its released yet...give me the numbers (power + price)
Old 6/4/06, 01:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by wsmatau
Boomer they have been advertising this S/C since Feb '05. Whipple has had serious issues getting this out. They continually set dates for release and break them. Now that they have resolved the compressor supply shortage, I believe, they are waiting on FRPP to supply them with the GT500 fuel pumps for the kits. But, that is just an educated guess.
I honestly believe that this kit will be the best out there for a "stock" engine, in terms of HP production and potential to expand. But if you are impatient, and want results within the next couple of weeks/months, you may want to go another road.
or maybe they're finding that they're blowing up too many motors and trying to figure out how to deliver a reliable product with advertised 10 lbs. boost. That's my uneducated guess.
Old 6/4/06, 01:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by nonsensez9
or maybe they're finding that they're blowing up too many motors and trying to figure out how to deliver a reliable product with advertised 10 lbs. boost. That's my uneducated guess.
ummm, no.

Superchargers are a reliable product, the trouble is installing it on an unreliable motor that wasnt designed to handle much boost.

-Dan
Old 6/4/06, 07:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
I'm just a little miffed that they mentioned 'jan/feb' and later became..'end of april' etc etc
I don't even care if its released yet...give me the numbers (power + price)
You think you're "miffed?" Maybe you missed the "2005" part of my quote! They've been putting me off for over a year. Kenny Brown has gone out of business and come back in the time that its taken these guys to release their product.

The numbers are posted on their site.

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/...sp?ProdID=1208

490/450RWHP/TQ at 10# of boost, on 91 octane, that they insist is perfectly reliable because of the R&D (codes from Ford) they put in.

Quick Reply: FORD RACING SUPERCHARGER It's Coming!