GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

CAI survey, please read

Search this Thread

Old 11/7/07, 05:20 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by runningwild4.6
Was that with Kelly's car? If so, she must have had fun driving it home....the long way.
Yea that was my car thats why i was doing the happy dance lol. The guys are gonna clean it up & put it back on some time this week... i still had a fun drive home though
Old 11/7/07, 05:21 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by hiznherponies
Ken, is Kelly's car an automatic?
It is a 5 speed
Old 11/7/07, 05:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by YaoNYC
with those results, this is a done deal for me!

can u use paypal please?
We accept paypal on our website checkout.

Was that with Kelly's car? If so, she must have had fun driving it home....the long way.
Hats off to you, Ken.
it looks like you reached your expectations. 35 RWHP and 41 tqe

Can't wait.
what custom tunes do we have to choose from?
You have have the big power or little power tune, which one are you going to choose? LOL

I normally give a 87 and 93 tune. I don't have any fancy names for my tunes, maybe I need to make some up.

Originally Posted by hiznherponies
Ken, is Kelly's car an automatic? What kind of strategy do you use for the autos.? Just wondering, I got an automatic.
No, but my car is. I have mine driving almost exactly how I want it. But it really depends on the driver on what they like. So what I do is give you what I think you will like and then if it does anything you don't like, I can send you a revision. For instance, I like to keep my torque convertor locked at closed throttle. Gives it more of a 5 speed feel. You also get some engine braking when letting off the gas. Some people don't like this though.

Ken
Old 11/7/07, 08:41 AM

I was trying to read all the posts so I may have missed one. Is it only the heat shield or can the tube be colored matched as well?

Thanks,

Gary
Old 11/7/07, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by gofarlow
I was trying to read all the posts so I may have missed one. Is it only the heat shield or can the tube be colored matched as well?

Thanks,

Gary
Yes, the tube can be color matched to your vehicle, a standard black or polished.

The heat shield comes standard in black and will be available for an additional charge in color matched or polished.

Ken
Old 11/7/07, 09:20 AM
Cobra Member

k&n

hi kenB
can the K&n filter be a different color?

like blue or something?

thanks!
Old 11/7/07, 09:27 AM
Bullitt Member

K&N is fine. If I want I'll just pick up one of these prechargers if I want blue so bad
hi kenB
can the K&n filter be a different color?

like blue or something?

thanks!

No, but the above solution seems like a good one.
Old 11/7/07, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Granatelli
Actually there have ben countless tests done to compare Cast Alum to Plastic Vs. sheet metal and the intake temps are vurtually identical. Hence Plastic is not better for performance then metal when it comes to an intake. As for an intake manifold that is screwed direct tot he cylinder head. Plastic is usually 20 to 30 degrees cooler which would equate to perhaps 3 to 5 hp on a 300hp car

I actually tested this my theory with my car which has a plastic cau and my friends which has a bbk cai. We were going to Gatlinburg TN and when we got to the top off the Smoky Mountain Parkway I used my Raytek temp gun to record the temps of both intakes. My plastic one was nearly 17 degrees cooler than the cast aluminum one after driving over one hundred miles.
Old 11/7/07, 01:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GAGT
I actually tested this my theory with my car which has a plastic cau and my friends which has a bbk cai. We were going to Gatlinburg TN and when we got to the top off the Smoky Mountain Parkway I used my Raytek temp gun to record the temps of both intakes. My plastic one was nearly 17 degrees cooler than the cast aluminum one after driving over one hundred miles.

Yes, but you were measuring the outside of the pipe. How about the air temp as it's flowing through the pipe?
Old 11/7/07, 01:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tunes for 08 GT Yet?

Ken,
I've been following this thread and in the market for CAI, Tunes, and Tuner for my month old 08 GT/CS. It looks like a nice setup, I would be interested in a 91 & 93 Tune personally.
What's the story with this setup for an 08 GT?
Also what does a TB Spacer accomplish, I've been reading about it on this thread.
Thanks
LJS
Old 11/7/07, 02:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MR-STANG
Ken,
I've been following this thread and in the market for CAI, Tunes, and Tuner for my month old 08 GT/CS. It looks like a nice setup, I would be interested in a 91 & 93 Tune personally.
Also what does a TB Spacer accomplish, I've been reading about it on this thread.
Thanks
LJS
No need for the spacer IMO. This kit should work fine on an 08 but I stil need to test fit it. As for the tune, post your processor code and I'll make sure I have support.

Ken
Old 11/7/07, 02:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MR-STANG
Ken,
Thanks
LJS

Ken stated that the TB is not worth the money. Use it for something else. I too have an 08 and he has the codes for it. Just PM him and he will let you know.
Old 11/7/07, 02:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by KenB
Yes, but you were measuring the outside of the pipe. How about the air temp as it's flowing through the pipe?
Well if the walls of the pipe are hotter obviously the air charge is going to be hotter, I have no way of measuring temp of the inside, BTW that's one trick piece you've come up with there!!! I'm sure your cai will have a cooler charge than all those cast ones.!!
Old 11/7/07, 02:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GAGT
Well if the walls of the pipe are hotter obviously the air charge is going to be hotter, I have no way of measuring temp of the inside, BTW that's one trick piece you've come up with there!!! I'm sure your cai will have a cooler charge than all those cast ones.!!
Actually you do! If you have a programmer you can monitor your inlet air temps.

Thanks for the compliments!
Old 11/7/07, 02:22 PM
Cobra Member

The only way the air is going to absorb the heat from the aluminum is if it sits in the intake tract it passes through so fast it has no time to heat soak. Someone did a test about a year or so ago and tested all the various intake and once the car gets moving the air intake temps drop fast and there was no difference at all in them.

Richard
Old 11/7/07, 02:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by KenB
Actually you do! If you have a programmer you can monitor your inlet air temps. Thanks for the compliments!

I did'nt know that
Old 11/7/07, 02:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Replying to:
"Ken stated that the TB is not worth the money. Use it for something else. I too have an 08 and he has the codes for it. Just PM him and he will let you know"

This may be a stupid question, but...
What exactly is a TB, and where do I get my processor code from?

Thanks
LJS
Old 11/7/07, 03:52 PM
V6 Member

Just odered my CAI/SCT setup !!!
Old 11/7/07, 04:27 PM
Bullitt Member

with those results, this is a done deal for me!

can u use paypal please?

Congrats Yao
Old 11/7/07, 04:32 PM
Bullitt Member

[quote=Tboned;1041115]Just odered my CAI/SCT setup !!![/quotec]

Great choice Tboned

Hey Mike what did I tell you the family is growing!

Quick Reply: CAI survey, please read