General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/19/08, 04:14 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
I hear what you're saying guys, and I appreciate trying to save me... but it was too late.

On that note, I'm picking up the Fluidyne this Saturday!

Isn't that 'COOL'???
waahh wahhh, jk

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
All good rides! The Hulk actually surprised the heck out of me! Loved that ride! Have you ever gone for their Halloween stuff? Islands of Adventure/Universal does a great Halloween layover every year... They *finally* started doing it here on the west coast!
The Halloween thing is fantastic, especially when you're there with some girls. When we went they had people going around with chainsaws (sans blade) cranking them up behind people and scaring the absolute $h!t outta people. It was great.

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Hey Guys, got the fusion key today, and "It Works" I was able to program it and all the remote functions work just have to get the key cut tomorrow.
Cool deal. I wonder if you might accidentally hit the alarm or something on accident.
Old 3/19/08, 04:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys, got the fusion key today, and "It Works" I was able to program it and all the remote functions work just have to get the key cut tomorrow.
Dam it. I want one.
Old 3/19/08, 04:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool! Man I wish this worked on the '05-'06 models... *sigh*

The Halloween thing is fantastic, especially when you're there with some girls. When we went they had people going around with chainsaws (sans blade) cranking them up behind people and scaring the absolute $h!t outta people. It was great.
Yes! One of my friends ended up punching one of the chainsaw guys cause he popped out of the bush and it was like a reflex for my friend... Oops... But it was a ton of fun! I want to go back, hopefully in the next year or two! Last time I went, they had 'the Director' as the main guy for the Event...
Old 3/19/08, 06:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks LEO. Canton tanks will most likely be ordered tomorrow.

While everything is apart and drained, it' an opportune time for this upgrade.

Tom2- I do like the air/air cooler you had, just wanted to keep within budget. May be a possible upgrade in the future, but I dont see doing it right now.

Brian- Wheels and tires will come. No reason why I can't have those little extras plus new rubber. Really hope to see the Shelby wheels in 18's over at Knotts. If they're not to my liking, either it'll be 20's or another wheel style.

George- Good deal on the Fusion key! I'll have to check it out later.
Old 3/19/08, 06:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Tom2- I do like the air/air cooler you had, just wanted to keep within budget. May be a possible upgrade in the future, but I dont see doing it right now.

Brian- Wheels and tires will come. No reason why I can't have those little extras plus new rubber. Really hope to see the Shelby wheels in 18's over at Knotts. If they're not to my liking, either it'll be 20's or another wheel style.

Cool deal on the mods Bill!

Check this out guys....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0TS3SInyoY

I wonder if it could be adapted to fit the stang?
Old 3/19/08, 06:41 PM
GTR Member

No need for front plates here!
Old 3/19/08, 07:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what's the ebay link again ??
Old 3/19/08, 08:13 PM
NTTAWWT

cool, very james bondish!
Old 3/19/08, 09:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Great.. Vortech just released their new V3 blower with internal oil reservior on March 17.

Oh well, at least mine will be lubed up with Mobil 1!

I'm not sweating it. When i first started to read your post my heart dropped thinking something really good was released. If I wanted self-lubricated I would have gone with Paxton.

I have to stop looking...

Fluidyne High Performance Radiator.. $499.99

Jed has one of these.
$500... intercooler/aftercooler mod money.

Not trying to convince anyone otherwise (except myself! ), but just some facts about the Fluidyne vs the stock radiator..

(Per Fluidyne Tech Support)
The original radiator has a single row core, with approximately 3/4 inch tubes. So, the FLUIDYNE radiator has approximately twice the surface area for much more efficient heat transfer.

Among the advantages in using a FLUIDYNE radiator are the fact that it is a 2-row radiator with 1 inch tubes, so it has substantialy more surface area than a stock radiator. It is all aluminum with a furnace brazed core. It is a true Direct-Fit replacment, and will allow you to re-use all of the stock components, such as fan, etc.
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT

Of course they're going to say that they're trying to sell it to you.
Like Leo said already. Sales pitch. It does look nice but at what cost? It sure does look nice though. I've looked into them myself for just bragging reasons.

Man I want one. My keys in bad shape. I wouldn't mind a new sleek key...

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
Cool! Man I wish this worked on the '05-'06 models... *sigh*
I know man. Hopefully something surfaces where 05-06's get something.

I never thought I'd say this. Bill you've been hanging around Luis too much. Your spending faster then he is now! haha You talk of some budget? What budget, lol.

I think the 18's in chrome will look killer. Even the 20's wont be bad. Least you got them D-specs to help. Hopefully I can get some for the summer or sooner. Who knows.

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
No need for front plates here!
Pretty nifty. But like Tom said. I'm proud to be a Floridian! No tacky plates!

UPDATE on S/C... (VENT)

There is none. The shop owner/tech/sales rep(one man band) is very very VERY slow at getting back with me. Called his yesterday after a week of not hearing form him to talk about getting a formal qoute on some gauges. He said he'd get back with me today. Nothing. Called him about 45mins before the shop closes left a message in a not-so-good mood and no call back. Dissapointed in the customer service I've recieved post payment. Its been 3 weeks today since initial order. I know it took Bill 2 weeks to get his and you all live in the state it's shipped from and I'm on the other coast. I can understand that. But this lack or communication isn't earning him my future bussiness if this keeps up. I'll give him an hour after shop opens before I call. If he doesn't answer I'll be knocking at his door. I shouldn't have to do this.

He just moved shops during the month of Feburary, so I know he's backed up for being closed down so long. He runs the entire shop alone and is working on 2-3 cars right now. With that said.... Am I wrong in being annoyed for the lack of communication? Or is this just life and he's a busy man and I should be more understanding?

(/VENT)

Thanks.
Old 3/19/08, 09:54 PM
NTTAWWT

For something as expesive as this is, you're totally right in trying to get him on the phone. I'd be going crazy.
Old 3/19/08, 10:20 PM
Cobra Member

Hey! So now I'm a bad guy for spending... you guys started it. Besides, Bill is a whole different ball game.

George - my fusion key also came in the mail today. I think I'm going to run outside and do it soon. For some reason I cannot find the spare key Glad I bought when I did.

Bill - Congrats on the mods. Leo knows just what to say to get them out of you.

Leo - Can you get the key? i.e. is it an 07? If it is... it doesn't cost much compared to what you usually spend.

Jon - I would be going nuts a week ago. Hopefully it gets better soon. Either way, before you know it, you'll be complaining about traction issues
Old 3/20/08, 05:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

That's slick..... nice!
Old 3/20/08, 07:47 AM

Jon: I'd go down to the shop and talk to your guy directly and clearly explain your expectations from him on keeping you in the know. You'll just frustrate yourself even further if you don't. Also, establish some sort of timeline for the work on your car.

You're not scheduling an oil change, you dropped some major coin for a S/C install, so get the customer satisfaction treatment you deserve.

Originally Posted by superfly s197
Besides, Bill is a whole different ball game.
I'm not sure if this is good or bad?
Old 3/20/08, 07:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Jon: I'd go down to the shop and talk to your guy directly and clearly explain your expectations from him on keeping you in the know. You'll just frustrate yourself even further if you don't. Also, establish some sort of timeline for the work on your car.

You're not scheduling an oil change, you dropped some major coin for a S/C install, so get the customer satisfaction treatment you deserve.

I'm not sure if this is good or bad?
I'm deff going to his shop today. I've played cool long enough. I have plans for a total engine rebuild and if he expects to get that kinda bussiness I need to see good service now. Anyways...

What Luis said... I think its a compliment. haha

Man I plans to wash my car today then head off to the beach but its raining over here and a slight cold front came through. boo hoo Now I have to find some other plans now, indoors
Old 3/20/08, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by JonCo
Now I have to find some other plans now, indoors
Keep us updated on the S/C.

Don't stay on TMS longer than you have to, it'll just make you spend more money.

I'm already ruined.. will be buying more stuff later today.
Old 3/20/08, 08:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo
Man I plans to wash my car today then head off to the beach but its raining over here and a slight cold front came through. boo hoo Now I have to find some other plans now, indoors

Oh, boo friggin' hoo...... "rain"...."slight cold front".... "beach"...... yeah I feel real sorry for you.

We're having flood waters around here, with weather turning cold and possibly SNOW this weekend. WTH, it's almost April!?!

Last edited by tom281; 3/20/08 at 08:19 AM.
Old 3/20/08, 08:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by superfly s197
Leo - Can you get the key? i.e. is it an 07? If it is... it doesn't cost much compared to what you usually spend.
Nope I got an 06. Trust me if I had an 07 I would've ordered when George posted the link.
Old 3/20/08, 08:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Saleen retractable glass roof.
Old 3/20/08, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT

Saleen retractable glass roof.
That's pretty cool!
Old 3/20/08, 09:12 AM
Cobra Member

Bill Spend Spend Spend..................... It makes you so happy, DO IT

OK here is something I've needed to do since January and maybe today I'll get off my fat a$$ and do it.

I ordered a new Tune for my SCT from Brenspeed back In January, I've been, well not dissatisfied with my Bama 93Race tune but concerned its not as much as I think it should be. I wanted to order the Brenspeed tune after getting a lot of great feedback from Indy Tom and a few others about how satisfied I'd be with the Brenspeed tune.

So I need to download the SCT software and drivers and then download the new tune and load it up on the GT. I'll have to discard one of the BAMA tunes I have, most like the 89Tune.

It will be interesting if I can really feel a difference between Brenspeed and Bama, I'll let you know.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)