General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/21/08, 02:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Car's back from the dealer.

Airbag recall problem fixed. Shaker1000 replaced (To bad it's with the same kind I had before). Shifter problem was told it would continue to happen and that they'd only replace it once under warranty. So they advised I wait til I got closer to 36K. Probably BS but I didn't feel like aruging about it.
That's BS on the shifter. Well at least you had your other concerns taken care of. I am really dreading taking the pj to the dealer, I might skip this recall.
Old 3/21/08, 02:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by USMC0341
I am really dreading taking the pj to the dealer, I might skip this recall.
+1, except no 'might' here.
Old 3/21/08, 02:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Leo I haven't read in detail about the airbag deal.... what's the scoop? Do they replace a part/sensor or something?
Originally Posted by TacoBill
So I guess they didn't change your strategy code.. good thing.

Sounds like on the shifter issue. They will only replace it once more and that's it?

They reflash a different cpu not the main one. Apperantly the other one is specifically for airbag stuff. It's a simple process that probably only takes the a couple minutes. Just take it in and say your bringing it in for the airbag recall and they'll do the rest.

Yup according to the service advisor they'd only replace it once more. It's probably just that the tech's were busy and didn't feel like fixing somthing that was just a cosmetic problem. Not biggie I'll just have that fixed next time.
Old 3/21/08, 02:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by USMC0341
That's BS on the shifter. Well at least you had your other concerns taken care of. I am really dreading taking the pj to the dealer, I might skip this recall.
Not really a big deal. Shouldn't take more than a few hours to get it in and out.

At the end of the day though the recall isn't to important. Just make sure whoevers in the passenger seat doesn't have it positioned all the way forward. That's according to Fords "drive it like this untill you bring it in".
Old 3/21/08, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
At the end of the day though the recall isn't to important. Just make sure whoevers in the passenger seat doesn't have it positioned all the way forward. That's according to Fords "drive it like this untill you bring it in".
In that case, never.

My pass. seat is most always near max back.

I just have a mild case of paranoia when it comes to handing over my keys to a stranger.. visions of Ferris Bueler at the parking garage always comes to mind.
Old 3/21/08, 02:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good to know that the ECU doesn't get re-flashed. I am pretty sure mine is one that is *updated* that Bill posted. I cancelled my appt until I heard for sure. I was thinking on getting mine in at least once before I totally destroy the powertrain warranty.

I just have a mild case of paranoia when it comes to handing over my keys to a stranger.. visions of Ferris Bueler at the parking garage always comes to mind.
Ya know, the VW version of Doug/Brenspeed had a chip that had a 'valet' setting... car couldn't go over 2500rpm. It was a combo on the alarm fob that would set it, no plugging in a tuner... very cool ! That I would absolutely LOVE to have. Since we have drive-by-wire it can't be that hard to do either.

Racelines.... I'm on the fence. I like them sometimes and sometimes they do not look good. Spending 2K+ on wheels & tires.... teh DD Bullitts will work for me.

Oh.... Autovation Pedals = ordered.

Last edited by habu; 3/21/08 at 02:50 PM.
Old 3/21/08, 02:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
anyone here with rotorpro rotors...... is it normal that they don't ship for a week after you order them?

I ordered a set with pads last weekend and paid for them on Saturday..... now of course I wouldn't expect them to ship until Monday, but when I checked on them Rich told me they would ship on Thursday and would send me the shipping info. Here we are today, with no info......
Old 3/21/08, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by habu
I was thinking on getting mine in at least once before I totally destroy the powertrain warranty.

Ya know, the VW version of Doug/Brenspeed had a chip that had a 'valet' setting... car couldn't go over 2500rpm.

Why you need to take the car into the dealer?

VW version? Plz explain...

Congrats on the pedals!
Old 3/21/08, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by tom281
anyone here with rotorpro rotors...... is it normal that they don't ship for a week after you order them?

I think almost everyone here has Rotorpros!

They're in CA, so I got them within a day or two.

I'd give Rich a call and see what's up.
Old 3/21/08, 03:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the pedals!
There is a tuner for VWs his name is Garrett, when I had my GTi his chips became the choice chips over Neuspeed and the like. The VW version of Doug. Anyway he figured out how to make the tune limit the car to 2500 rpms and it was selectable by the keyless entry fob, which was a single piece design unlike ours. Anyway it was a slick, slick deal. You'd hold the alarm button down or whatever the car would chirp the appropriate chirps and valets where screwed.... hahahahaha.

I think almost everyone here has Rotorpros!

They're in CA, so I got them within a day or two.

I'd give Rich a call and see what's up.
Well... Almost everyone...
Old 3/21/08, 04:01 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
In that case, never.

I only let one person drive my car, other than my dad. And she's special

Originally Posted by habu
good to know that the ECU doesn't get re-flashed. I am pretty sure mine is one that is *updated* that Bill posted. I cancelled my appt until I heard for sure. I was thinking on getting mine in at least once before I totally destroy the powertrain warranty.

Ya know, the VW version of Doug/Brenspeed had a chip that had a 'valet' setting... car couldn't go over 2500rpm. It was a combo on the alarm fob that would set it, no plugging in a tuner... very cool ! That I would absolutely LOVE to have. Since we have drive-by-wire it can't be that hard to do either.

Racelines.... I'm on the fence. I like them sometimes and sometimes they do not look good. Spending 2K+ on wheels & tires.... teh DD Bullitts will work for me.

Congrats on the pedals!
I've seen that setup on cars other than VW. Some cars come with a specific key that doesnt have the remote unlock functions and the like, and the chip in the key tells the car that it can't go over a certain RPM or MPH. I still wouldnt want anyone driving my car. Pull up to one of those facy resturaunts..."can I park it for you sir?" "nope, but you can tell me where I can park it"...
Old 3/21/08, 04:23 PM
Cobra Member

+2 here not going to do this recall either, no friggin way
Old 3/21/08, 04:27 PM
Cobra Member

In that case, never.

I'm with you Mr. Bill no one outside the Mrs. has drivin my car and no one will drive my Mustang, period. My new son in law wanted to give it a drive and I looked at him and said, nothing personal but NO, Only I drive it and occasionally the Mrs. demands to drive it, but not often. Actually since I told you guys about the last time she was in it and I scared the bee geezeee out of her she has NO desire to be in it or drive it which is all and good with me lol
Old 3/21/08, 04:29 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
^haha, spin the tires and get the @$$ end out one good time, she'll be scared to drive it!
Old 3/21/08, 04:30 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
^haha, spin the tires and get the @$$ end out one good time, she'll be scared to drive it!
Exactly what happened David, I took a whole bunch of abuse but it was worth it, now I have the Mustang all to myself
Old 3/21/08, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by NYNY53
... no one will drive my Mustang, period.
What if I asked to drive it?
Old 3/21/08, 08:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

What if I asked to drive it?
I'd asked where too
Old 3/21/08, 08:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

C & L Intake and a SCT

Originally Posted by superfly s197
Thanks. Just some Adam's stuff

Jon - I'm pondering the intake. I plan on going blower but, that's next year. So...

Luis Luis! Get off the rocker remember I have a C & L intake and a SCT for $200.00 U.S. bones! This is a steal the SCT is worth that alone. Are you C _ _ _ Y come come to the darkside my son! Jedi Jed is calling!

Old 3/21/08, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Luis Luis! Get off the rocker remember I have a C & L intake and a SCT for $200.00 U.S. bones! This is a steal the SCT is worth that alone. Are you C _ _ _ Y come come to the darkside my son! Jedi Jed is calling!
Lemme fill in the blanks for Luis.. RAZ

Luis, whether you get blown next year or not, this is the natural progression in performance modding.. the basic CAI and tune. This is by far the biggest bang for the buck.. more than UDPs, delete plates, even a 1-pc DS.

You can easily get your money back on this stuff a year from now.
Old 3/21/08, 09:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium

hahaahaaa

There's nothing like Easter weekend peer pressure!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)