General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/21/08, 09:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jed's on the DL list

Originally Posted by USMC0341

Yeah I might do it today, I really like the C&L! I'm modifying the heat shield a little bit, I'll post some pics once I'm done! I wish I had my sct so I can drive this thing

Where's JED
Hi Guy's I came back from Las Vegas and I'm on the DL list I screwed up my ankle now I'm walking around on sticks! Nothing worse than not being able to get around, I think I watched everything on the Speed and Military channel in the last two days! Hopefully by Sunday I can walk. So who's spending the big dollars while I was away!

Jed
Old 3/21/08, 09:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I never did a tune in the near year of ownership. And I turned out just fine! Haha

So from no tune to a FI car with a custon dynmo tune. The difference should be fantastic!
Old 3/21/08, 09:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JedCranium
So who's spending the big dollars while I was away!
Me! Me!! Me!!!

Going to pick up the Fluidyne tomorrow!

Jed, you're a Fluidyne supporter, right?
Old 3/21/08, 09:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

What he said ^

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Lemme fill in the blanks for Luis.. RAZ

Luis, whether you get blown next year or not, this is the natural progression in performance modding.. the basic CAI and tune. This is by far the biggest bang for the buck.. more than UDPs, delete plates, even a 1-pc DS.

You can easily get your money back on this stuff a year from now.
Yes Luis bang for the buck! You heard it from the Master rabbit himself, the Easter bunny is awaiting your request but don't wait to long or the bunny is going to find another rabbit. I'd rather sell it to you cause your clan and it's fun seeing you go deeper into the darkside!

Muhahahaha!

Jed

Old 3/21/08, 09:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

S/C + Fluidyne = Great Performance Sense!

Me! Me!! Me!!!

Going to pick up the Fluidyne tomorrow!

Jed, you're a Fluidyne supporter, right?

Hell yes! I puchased my Fluidyne before I got my Kenne Bell. One look at a stock GT radiator and you will know why. Stock... single core, plastic clamped end pieces. My radiator on my Honda VF500 Motorbike looked better than this thing! Seriously the heat that is generated for any motor under FI performance conditions needs to go somewhere a stock unit is not up to the task for rapid thermal dissipation. Can you drive without a performance radiator? Sure you can but leaves you with less margin on engine heat, oil performance, detonation no thanks don't be penny wise but pound foolish in this case. Bill I would also recommend switching out your thermostat to one that opens at 160 degrees. There are a few things you need to do when you go FI better cooling is one, Improved fuel delivery is another thing which you already did with the Boost A Pump. If you do the research these claims are back up 100% by top performance shops & mechanics.

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 3/21/08 at 09:56 PM.
Old 3/21/08, 10:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Luis Luis! Get off the rocker remember I have a C & L intake and a SCT for $200.00 U.S. bones! This is a steal the SCT is worth that alone. Are you C _ _ _ Y come come to the darkside my son! Jedi Jed is calling!
Love the peer pressure

Go to see you back Jed! Hope you're feeling better!

Got the C&L all installed, I sprayed the heat shield with wrinkle paint, looks good, I'll post some pics tomorrow and I'll see what you guys think
Old 3/21/08, 10:39 PM

Bill I would also recommend switching out your thermostat to one that opens at 160 degrees.
First time I heard of switching thermostats. What the stock one open at, 180deg?

Do you have the 160 in yours? Who recommended it?

Got the C&L all installed, I sprayed the heat shield with wrinkle paint, looks good, I'll post some pics tomorrow and I'll see what you guys think
Someone is going wrinkle paint happy..

j/k.. I'm sure it'll look great!
Old 3/21/08, 10:47 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by NYNY53
Exactly what happened David, I took a whole bunch of abuse but it was worth it, now I have the Mustang all to myself
I thought I remembered that. I did it "on accident" in a 84 CJ-7

Hi Guy's I came back from Las Vegas and I'm on the DL list I screwed up my ankle now I'm walking around on sticks! Nothing worse than not being able to get around, I think I watched everything on the Speed and Military channel in the last two days! Hopefully by Sunday I can walk. So who's spending the big dollars while I was away!

Jed
sucks to be out of comission. Speed Channel is your friend. get better soon
on a side note, the way these guys are spending money right and left, they're soon gonna be caught up, you cant let that happen, can you Master Jed?
Old 3/21/08, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Speed Channel is your friend. get better soon

on a side note, the way these guys are spending money right and left, they're soon gonna be caught up, you cant let that happen, can you Master Jed?
Jed watches Speed Channel for the NOPI Vision.

We're reeling Master Jed in!
Old 3/21/08, 11:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

First time I heard of switching thermostats. What the stock one open at, 180deg?

Do you have the 160 in yours? Who recommended it?

I went from stock (I think it's 190 or 180) I know it much higher than mine which is currently 160. Stock opens to late FORD makes your engine run hot for better smog pollution performance but who cares we want engine performance! Go 160 That's what performance builders do My engine never runs HOT even when we did that canyon stuff it always stays well within parameters lots of headroom This was recommended by GTR & Kenne Bell. My cold start warm ups take a little longer but that's normal. Besides GTR recommends a good warm up before you go nuts.

Jed
Old 3/21/08, 11:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

now what to do with the shaker tube, too short to reach the cai, but if i remove it air, and water and whatever goes in the shaker will be dumped right on the driver side plugs and injectors
Old 3/22/08, 12:00 AM

now what to do with the shaker tube, too short to reach the cai, but if i remove it air, and water and whatever goes in the shaker will be dumped right on the driver side plugs and injectors
What have other PJ owners done to the Shaker when switching over to a CAI? Or are you breaking new grounds among the tradionalists?
Old 3/22/08, 12:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

What have other PJ owners done to the Shaker when switching over to a CAI? Or are you breaking new grounds among the tradionalists?
This is uncharted waters, I'll try to take a pic of it, but I'm leaning on just leaving it as is. Unless you guys have some better ideas.
Old 3/22/08, 12:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man when Jed comes back, he comes back with a vengence. Welcome back Jed Hope you're back on your feet again soon.

the wrinkle paint on the shroud looks very good. Shaker to CAI I dunno ? there is plenty to say for leaving it alone so nothing is cut, but it does look a little incomplete.

ooh... get some ducting and go simply from the shaker tube to the bottom of the shroud, you could do a quickie bracket and bolt it to the bay somewhere, looks wouldn't matter too much as it'd be under the shroud and the ducting would at least give a illusion of completeness ?? can you buy that tube by itself ? that'd be cool one cut for routing and one for going back to stock
Old 3/22/08, 12:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu
Man when Jed comes back, he comes back with a vengence. Welcome back Jed Hope you're back on your feet again soon.

the wrinkle paint on the shroud looks very good. Shaker to CAI I dunno ? there is plenty to say for leaving it alone so nothing is cut, but it does look a little incomplete.

ooh... get some ducting and go simply from the shaker tube to the bottom of the shroud, you could do a quickie bracket and bolt it to the bay somewhere, looks wouldn't matter too much as it'd be under the shroud and the ducting would at least give a illusion of completeness ?? can you buy that tube by itself ? that'd be cool one cut for routing and one for going back to stock
That good idea Brian, I'll see if I can get one or rig something

Last edited by USMC0341; 3/22/08 at 12:36 AM.
Old 3/22/08, 12:17 AM
Cobra Member

Jed - Glad to have you back. Glad to have you back in my head giving me ideas

Yah... I was thinking of the bullit intake but I'm going to take you up on the offer. So here we go again.

I won't be able to buy it until next month though. Being sick put me behind some bills.

Jeeze. Jed comes back and it's like a whirlwind here.
Old 3/22/08, 12:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

George would this work in your lower grille? Might look better than your chicken wire.
http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/View...eIndexID=66438
Old 3/22/08, 12:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
George would this work in your lower grille? Might look better than your chicken wire.
http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/View...eIndexID=66438
Thanks for link Leo, I actually looked into that grill, the problem is the solid black part on the top of the shelby grill. On my car it is actually molded in to the front fascia so to fit it would involve a lot of cutting/fabrication. I guess I'm stuck with the chicken wire
Old 3/22/08, 12:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for link Leo, I actually looked into that grill, the problem is the solid black part on the top of the shelby grill. On my car it is actually molded in to the front fascia so to fit it would involve a lot of cutting/fabrication. I guess I'm stuck with the chicken wire
That blows. Oh well. Seriously though I thought your "chicken wire" was factory untill you told me.
Old 3/22/08, 01:23 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
I've seen that setup on cars other than VW. Some cars come with a specific key that doesnt have the remote unlock functions and the like, and the chip in the key tells the car that it can't go over a certain RPM or MPH. I still wouldnt want anyone driving my car. Pull up to one of those facy resturaunts..."can I park it for you sir?" "nope, but you can tell me where I can park it"...
I know some (maybe all) BMWs come with a valet key where you can only go a certain speed and can't go out of like 2nd gear.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)