General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/06, 09:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
That's what I was afraid of with those rims... leaving the "retro" and entering the "bling".

I like them, too... but I really think I'm liking the black bullitts just as much, if not more.
Those wheels definately set the tone of the whole car. Not that one is better than the other, it's just 2 different personalities.

I agree, the vert changes it's personality from Sinister to Flashy.

I vote to keep the B-Bullitts.
Old 7/6/06, 09:56 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Those wheels definately set the tone of the whole car. Not that one is better than the other, it's just 2 different personalities.

I agree, the vert changes it's personality from Sinister to Flashy.

"Those wheels" as in the Black Bullitts set the tone of my car?

The black bullitts make my car look Sinister? I'm definitely keeping them now!

Will it still look menacing... and sinister... with the hood stripes??

Wow, write down this date and time... Bill actually trying NOT to spend my money.
Old 7/6/06, 10:03 PM

Will it still look menacing... and sinister... with the hood stripes??
YES and YES!!

You got the Black Bullitts for a reason. Be who you were born to be!
Old 7/6/06, 10:04 PM

Wow, write down this date and time... Bill actually trying NOT to spend my money.
Don't you worry, I'll find other stuff to spend your money on!
Old 7/6/06, 10:06 PM
GTR Member

Don't you worry, I'll find other stuff to spend your money on!
If you notice, my future mod list is shrinking. I think you definitely spent my money on the shifter mod, though.

Sinister? Really?
Old 7/6/06, 11:04 PM

Bad news... MRT has no quarter window louvers! They tell me now that they're on backorder with no ETA date! Way to go MRT!

The Roush louvers are looking better and better.
Old 7/7/06, 10:17 AM
GTR Member

Bad news... MRT has no quarter window louvers! They tell me now that they're on backorder with no ETA date
Sorry about the louvers. This is one thing you'll never get me to buy!

Here is a shot of my hood graphic (not cleaned up yet - still has soap residue, fingerprints, etc.):

Attachment 4310

I had to take it from the side because I couldn't get the glare of the sun out any other way.

I had a problem. I didn't have to "slit" the front of the large stripe because of the crown of the hood, but the crown did play a part in the problem.

I'll tell you what the problem was, but only after I get some feedback.

Be critical!

Also... Graphic-Express called me this morning and left a message. He said, "I'm calling about your custom request... typically they don't work that way, but... *pause*... I did get this one. I need to talk with you, so call me back...". I tried calling, but it keeps saying "system busy" on my phone. I don't exactly know what he means, but, at least it sounds good so far!

It got a little cloudy for a second, so here's another pic:

Attachment 4312

You can really see the crown of the hood good in the black.

Also, it looks like the pinstripes curve in toward the back, but that's the hood bending forward... a lot of curves to that hood that are hard to see.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn3657.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn3659.jpg  
Old 7/7/06, 11:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Looks great Tom. I don't see a problem with that picture anyway. The only thing I could think of is the crown of the hood could possibly mess with the width of the stripe being consistent. I thought the stripe butted up against the Shaker trim ring.

Keep us posted on the GE extra piece saga.

Did it get thinner due to the crown? Looks that way with the new (2nd) picture.

Of course you wont buy louvers you don't have a spot for them
Old 7/7/06, 12:44 PM

I'll tell you what the problem was, but only after I get some feedback. Be critical!
I can't see anything wrong in those 2 pics. All seems to be gapped evenly and mirror between the left and right sides.

You need to snap a few more pics of the whole car so the black and white contrast between the hood, spoilers, top, wheels, etc can be better seen.
Old 7/7/06, 02:22 PM
GTR Member

Well, the problem I had was when trying to smooth the vinyl over the crown with the paper still attached to keep the even gap between the thick middle stripe and the pinstripe.

So, I did it in two steps... first the big piece, then the pinstripe. And I did the pinstripe by eye! The gap is very close to even all the way around (about 6mm). In person it looks good, but the camera sometimes shows things strange because of the angles and curves of the hood.

I like the gap between the stripes and the trim ring. I would do the same thing on the other side of the scoop... with a gap to the trim ring and a gap to the windshield.

NOW ABOUT THE Graphic-Express SEGA

The reason he called is because they want my car! They want to keep it for about a week to take measurements and design new graphics for people with 2005/06 GTs and a Shaker. It will be featured in the 2005-2006 Mustang section.

In return they will strip off what I did today and do anything to my car that I want. Then they can put on a front stripe that is a little longer, a stripe between the scoop and the windshield the length I want, and rocker panel stripes.

I'm on vacation from July 19th to July 27th. We are driving north, so I will probably drop the car off on the way up, and pick it up on the way back. He said the car would be inside for the entire 9 days and nobody would drive it.
Old 7/7/06, 02:25 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Lucky Dog.
Old 7/7/06, 02:35 PM

NOW ABOUT THE Graphic-Express SEGA

The reason he called is because they want my car!

I'm on vacation from July 19th to July 27th.
Wow! Sounds like an honor!

I'm sure they'll be some contracts, liability issues, and whatever else to sign? You know the old atage, "Better get it in writing." Paranoid or not, you're handing over the keys to at $35k car and not a $50 skateboard to get graphics put on.

If you decide to go for it, you'll have one custom stripe job.

Gone for 8 days too? Hope you're bringing along your laptop. Otherwise you'll get TMS withdrawls!
Old 7/7/06, 02:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hella Good Deal Tom
I would do it too, sounds like a great thing.
I would just make sure and record the mileage and do a walk around on the car and document the lack of any scratches, scrapes or nicks and the fact that you intend to receive it back in that condition, or else.
Old 7/7/06, 08:04 PM
GTR Member

Would you worry about it being there for 9 days?

Would you worry about the stripes being done perfectly? I spent at least 30 minutes making sure that pinstripe was around that center stripe as close to perfect as possible. Would they do that?

He (like Daryl) wants to butt the stripe up to the trim ring. Actually, he asked if Shaker customers could remove the trim ring to get the stripe under it. I said, "no way".

This is the picture that shows how I want it. I'll show them this picture to let them see how there appears to be a gap. There is no trim ring here, but there is still a "gap" showing the paint color between the stripe and the skaker:

Old 7/7/06, 08:08 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Sorry about the louvers. This is one thing you'll never get me to buy!

Here is a shot of my hood graphic (not cleaned up yet - still has soap residue, fingerprints, etc.):

Attachment 4310

I had to take it from the side because I couldn't get the glare of the sun out any other way.

I had a problem. I didn't have to "slit" the front of the large stripe because of the crown of the hood, but the crown did play a part in the problem.

I'll tell you what the problem was, but only after I get some feedback.

Be critical!
That is a really nice stripe with the shaker. I like it.
Old 7/7/06, 09:00 PM

Would you worry about it being there for 9 days?

Would you worry about the stripes being done perfectly? I spent at least 30 minutes making sure that pinstripe was around that center stripe as close to perfect as possible. Would they do that?
You got me thinking about this whole offer now...

Personally, I know how you meticulous you are and chances are you won't be satisfied with their workmanship.

My vote (which is the farthest from you!) is to respectfully decline their offer. I would still pursue that extra piece you need and leave it at that.

Keep your baby safe in the garage.
Old 7/7/06, 09:13 PM

Shaker sill letter install

My Shaker sill letters came in today!

I received a set of 3 'MUSTANG' letters along with the horizontal accent stripes (meant for the plastic door sill).

Instructions tell you to apply it wet (like the vinyl stripes). But, I thought, 'Hey, I can put these letters on dry, one shot deal style!".
Big mistake. These decals are so thin, you have to use the soapy solution to float them into place. Good thing I still had my solution from my BSM stripes and 3rd brakelight job.

Do like the instructions tell you, blow dryer and all.

One tip not mentioned is to pre-wet your fingers before lifting the letter off the tape backing. If you don't, the letter will stick to your finger(s). It'll stretch the vinyl and mess it all up. Might be the reason why you get 3 in a set.

Difference is night and day! This is the way CDC should be shipping out their Shaker shrouds.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1400.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1401.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1415.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1422.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1427.jpg  

Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1431.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1432.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1439.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1440.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1443.jpg  

Old 7/7/06, 11:02 PM
GTR Member

My Shaker sill letters came in today!
Just have a second to pop in to say that mine came in today, too!

Difference is night and day! This is the way CDC should be shipping out their Shaker shrouds.
Since I'm so "tight" now with CDC, I'll send them a pic of mine when I'm done and suggest it. But then ours wouldn't look better than the rest any more!
Old 7/8/06, 08:40 AM
GTR Member

Well....

I took off the "281" Shaker emblems. I don't want to make Bill think that they look bad, because they do look good.

I don't know why I didn't like them on my car, though. Maybe it's because the one emblem laid down perfect and the other emblem was lifting up slightly on the top. I was always pressing down on it when I walked by the car. Or maybe the angle I put them on didn't look good to me.

Then 2 people at work at 2 different times asked what it meant. We were short that night with only 8 people, so that means 25% of the world won't know what they mean.

Anyway... it was one of those things where I just said "fk it" and I peeled them off. No damage to the paint on the scoop.
Old 7/8/06, 10:32 AM

I took off the "281" Shaker emblems. I don't want to make Bill think that they look bad, because they do look good.
Well, at least I know where to get a spare emblem if I ever need one!

Went to the 'Donut Derelicts' carshow drive-in Huntington Beach this morning, at the crack of dawn (5:20am). This is a pretty big (and free) carshow put on by the locals every Saturday and it gets absolutely packed by 6:30am! All cars are welcome, but never saw one F&F type car! Hahaha!

Shockingly, I was the only 05/07 Mustang there. Didn't bother me too much, I got all the attention!

Here's some pics...
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1456.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1444.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1450.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1451.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1453.jpg  

Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1452.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1469.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1455.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1465.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1466.jpg  

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)