General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/06, 05:44 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Rub spots?? Huh? First I've heard of this. Please explain what you're seeing. I wonder if our 06 hood insulation liners are formed differently (ie. Ours have the 7 holes for the future hood scoop) compared to early 06's and 05's.
I noticed a deep rub mark in my liner from the K&N cone filter.

Thanks for the side pic. Can you please take another from the other side, as indicated by the arrow?
Is the shroud (#1) and duct (#2) connected by a clamp or is it one piece?
When I closed my hood for the "mock-up" shot, I noticed the underside of the hood (without the inner trim ring) was very close to the air duct in the back. Then I noticed felt on the inner trim ring back there. I was just asking Daryl if the inner trim ring laid on the air duct... and I guess it does.

For your question, Bill, there is no clamp. From what I can see, the air duct bolts to the shroud. Tomorrow morning, if I have time, I'll remove my scoop so you can see inside, since I have to take it off anyway.
Old 6/19/06, 05:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
When I closed my hood for the "mock-up" shot, I noticed the underside of the hood (without the inner trim ring) was very close to the air duct in the back. Then I noticed felt on the inner trim ring back there. I was just asking Daryl if the inner trim ring laid on the air duct... and I guess it does.

For your question, Bill, there is no clamp. From what I can see, the air duct bolts to the shroud. Tomorrow morning, if I have time, I'll remove my scoop so you can see inside, since I have to take it off anyway.
**** Tom you really need to finish that AutoVation Pedal Install
I knocked my dead pedal off the other day, so I went and purchased some longer screws. Ran them in and it feels very solid now. Unlike before when I touched it, it moved.

OK guys what should my next mod be? Clears are on the way, stripes and shaker are done.
Maybe CDC Chin Spoiler ? (Means more stripes and painting )
Old 6/19/06, 05:54 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
**** Tom you really need to finish that AutoVation Pedal Install
I knocked my dead pedal off the other day, so I went and purchased some longer screws. Ran them in and it feels very solid now. Unlike before when I touched it, it moved.

OK guys what should my next mod be? Clears are ontheir way, stripes and shaker done.
Maybe CDC Chin Spoiler ? (Means more stripes )
I know I have to finish that! It's just the heel guard I have to finish. Also, I was thinking about taking off the dead pedal, grinding off some from the left, and putting it back down. Then it would be farther from the clutch, and you wouldn't see the edge on the left, anyway. I also wish the gas pedal was straight down on the left, instead of curving toward the brake pedal (I might dremel that off, too).

As far as mods, I think the chin spoiler, yes... I think mine is this. I don't want to bid, and then be outbid. I'll wait until the last second to bid something.
Old 6/19/06, 07:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Called and cancelled my Clear Corners order from MCD today.
Got them coming from New Edge Peformance by UPS
Looks like a Friday delivery. Hope I have time to install them.
Old 6/19/06, 08:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
This answer your question Bill?
It better, becasue I got stung by a BIG RED WASP getting those pictures for you. Bent down to look at the vinyl stripe and put my shoulder right on him, needless to say he let me know he was there.
Thanks for taking one for the team!

I think you're the first one to post a pic of your Shaker's backside, haven't seen anyone post theirs before.
Old 6/19/06, 08:44 PM

After searching for Daryl's posts way back when he took pictures of the Shaker out of the box, it makes more sense to me.

Post 1055 and 1056

You guys remember seeing any pics of a Shaker and K&N CAI combo?
Old 6/19/06, 09:00 PM

OK guys what should my next mod be? Maybe CDC Chin Spoiler?
You and Tom actually use the dead pedal?? Mine's just for looks!

Next mod? CDC Classic Chin all the way baby! And I don't want to hear any whining about painting and striping it.

Take it from me, it'll look awesome.
Old 6/19/06, 09:01 PM
GTR Member

Anybody here know if there is a difference between a V6 spoiler and a GT spoiler? I won that black spoiler, THEN thought about it not specifying that it was for a GT.

I also asked HERE.
Old 6/19/06, 09:07 PM

As far as mods, I think the chin spoiler, yes... I think mine is this.
You won!

Now you'll have to get a CDC too (like Daryl), but keep it matte black (?).

I'm already in the planning stages for my next mod (and I didn't even get the Shaker yet!).

Here it is... MRT/CDC rear quarter window louvers! (at least leaning towards it)
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-normal_mrt-20quarter-20louvers-20040906-20012.jpg  
Old 6/19/06, 09:09 PM

Anybody here know if there is a difference between a V6 spoiler and a GT spoiler? I won that black spoiler, THEN thought about it not specifying that it was for a GT.

I also asked HERE.
I answered there, but I'll say it here.. I'm 99% sure they're the same.
Old 6/19/06, 10:14 PM
GTR Member

Now you'll have to get a CDC too (like Daryl), but keep it matte black (?).
Yep, I'll keep it black...

Here it is... MRT/CDC rear quarter window louvers! (at least leaning towards it)
Looks good! Does Chris approve?

So, here is how I spent my night at work:

Well, not all night... just a little here and there...

I traced the circle and the center point into the air box with a sharp blade, then I used a 2 1/2" hole saw (biggest we had) to cut the hole. Then I dremeled the rest away (with the sandpaper cylinder thingy attachment) right up to the circle. It's just under 3", so it should make for a nice tight fit. You can see the outline of the 3" circle if you look close.
Old 6/19/06, 10:50 PM

Looks good! Does Chris approve?

So, here is how I spent my night at work...
Yes, Chris actually picked it over the Roush louvers (see pic).

CDC also sells a blackout kit (charcoal in color) for $29.

Roush ones are nice too (and are removable), but not too keen on the 3 visible screw holes.

G-Job at work, huh? Gotta love it!
Attached Images  
Old 6/19/06, 10:54 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
CDC also sells a blackout kit (charcoal in color) for $29.

G-Job at work, huh? Gotta love it!
I like the blackout kits... I was just reading about them today.

That's the first thing I said when I walked in today... "I've got a Government Job to keep me busy tonight"...
Old 6/19/06, 11:15 PM

Forgot to mention, washed the Mustang yesterday. There was just too much vinyl application fluid and finger-hand-arm prints everywhere!

Chalk this up as wash #2 for me. I spent an hour wiping up all the splashed water in the engine bay, trunk, and doors. It's much easier maintaining it with the Z-6, wipe it on and wipe it off!

I'll hold off on re-applying the Zaino on the areas where I wiped it off (and also coat the stripes) for a couple weeks, just to give the vinyl some time to breath and see if a few minor bubbles will lay down.

Have my club's drive-in carshow this Wednesday night. Time to show off my new stripes!
Old 6/20/06, 06:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Bill, don't you have to DRIVE your car before you can even USE the dead Pedal ???
Nice "at job" work there Tom
I haven't reapplied the Zaino yet either, and the bubbles that I did have, really laid down once the heat showed up. When I was messing with the front bumper area last night I gave the car a once over and noticed there were no bubbles at all on the hood, roof and trunk areas.
I do need to break out the blowdryer and heat up the area below the license plate where the lip is and get that seated better.
Old 6/20/06, 07:44 AM

Bill, don't you have to DRIVE your car before you can even USE the dead Pedal ???

When I was messing with the front bumper area last night I gave the car a once over and noticed there were no bubbles at all on the hood, roof and trunk areas.
I do need to break out the blowdryer and heat up the area below the license plate where the lip is and get that seated better.
Hey! I drove it to In-N-Out burgers last Saturday, doesn't that count? (not my 1st choice, but had to charge the battery... hehehe!) And no, I didn't eat in the car!

I too have a very low bubble count, tiny ones on the rear bumper, decklid under the spoiler, front leading edge of the roof stripe, and one on the CDC spoiler. I'm trying to leave it parked out in the sun every chance I get so the bubbles can lay down on their own.

I know the lip area below the plate your talking about. I have a very slight void right at the apex of that bend (in 3 of the 4 spots). I press it down and it looks fine, but eventually comes back up. I think we both have to take a blow dryer to it quickly, before the vinyl looses its stickyness or any dirt gets trapped in there. I'll probably do this tomorrow before driving to the drive-in.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-void-stripes_rear-bumper.jpg  
Old 6/20/06, 10:27 AM
GTR Member

Daryl -- once that tube is snapped into the factory air box, can the air box lid be installed and removed to change the filter?

If the lid can be removed, I'll be ok. But, if not, maybe I don't want that connection to be so tight so it can be removed.
Old 6/20/06, 10:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Daryl -- once that tube is snapped into the factory air box, can the air box lid be installed and removed to change the filter?

If the lid can be removed, I'll be ok. But, if not, maybe I don't want that connection to be so tight so it can be removed.
Now that you mention it, NO. They have you install the new air filter first and close the air box. Never really thought about it. Also the air box is VERY hard to snap closed with that new air filter in.
Old 6/20/06, 10:56 AM
GTR Member

So, how do you get at the filter once you snap in the air duct? It looks like you would have to squeeze the opening of the air duct to remove it, but you can't do that with the lid on the air box.

It was hard to close with the K&N air filter, too. That's the one I'll be using (the one they give you is just like a K&N, anyway).
Old 6/20/06, 10:57 AM

Tom or Daryl- Where do the 4 blind (cherry) rivets go? Any pics?

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)