Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/18, 10:15 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
That sounds great Dianna, hope its a better position for you. Seems like the last time we talked I just remember something about an old lady pooping herself at the bank and you had to deal with it, LOL.
Hahaha thanks for reminding me of that one

I've been working for a high net worth insurance company for just over the last 2 years. Was a Customer Service representative and since September I have taken an Underwriting Support role managing 2 projects. Absolutely loving it
Old 1/3/18, 11:11 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
them look tasty!
They were!

Originally Posted by denlem
I haven't done any ribs yet but that sounds like a good idea for the weekend. I was thinking beans, but ribs and beans sound good too! The pork tenderloin I was gonna do never got cooked so it ended up in the freezer. The best thing i've done so far are the bone-in chicken breasts.
Trying it for the second time tonight. Trying a meatloaf in foil and red potatoes with garlic and sprinkled with shredded parm cheese in the bottom under the trivet with the meatloaf. Couldn't find a recipe I really liked and they all seem to call for different amounts of water or broth in the bottom so I wasn't sure exactly how much to use. Hope I didn't mess it up! Guess I'll find out later.....#fingerscrossed!

I forgot to say that if you do a rack of ribs, I suggest cutting it in half or thirds. Since they were so tender and falling apart, it was harder to get them on the pan as one slab because it was too big to manipulate without it all breaking.

Last edited by 08GTCandyApple; 1/3/18 at 11:15 AM.
Old 1/3/18, 01:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really enjoyed your video. Happy New Year!
Old 1/3/18, 02:39 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
They were!

Trying it for the second time tonight. Trying a meatloaf in foil and red potatoes with garlic and sprinkled with shredded parm cheese in the bottom under the trivet with the meatloaf. Couldn't find a recipe I really liked and they all seem to call for different amounts of water or broth in the bottom so I wasn't sure exactly how much to use. Hope I didn't mess it up! Guess I'll find out later.....#fingerscrossed!

I forgot to say that if you do a rack of ribs, I suggest cutting it in half or thirds. Since they were so tender and falling apart, it was harder to get them on the pan as one slab because it was too big to manipulate without it all breaking.
We got a foot of snow coming tomorrow so I picked up a nice rack of baby backs to make up while i'm snowed in. How long did you cook yours?

I need to get some racks to put inside it. The brand I bought didn't come with any. I bought a steamer type rack at walmart and that seems to work good, but I want to get an open type like you have the ribs on.

I don't know if there is a recommended amount of water or broth to use. When i've made the bone-in chicken breasts I just heated up a cup a water and mixed a bullion cube and used that, and put the chicken above water level on the steamer rack and it work. For potatoes the same method, only just plain water. The potatoes cooked quick and use a harder type to keep them from falling apart. I tried a russet and that made a mess! Reds should be okay and I have some to try next.
Old 1/3/18, 03:09 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

We got a foot of snow coming tomorrow so I picked up a nice rack of baby backs to make up while i'm snowed in. How long did you cook yours?

I need to get some racks to put inside it. The brand I bought didn't come with any. I bought a steamer type rack at walmart and that seems to work good, but I want to get an open type like you have the ribs on.

I don't know if there is a recommended amount of water or broth to use. When i've made the bone-in chicken breasts I just heated up a cup a water and mixed a bullion cube and used that, and put the chicken above water level on the steamer rack and it work. For potatoes the same method, only just plain water. The potatoes cooked quick and use a harder type to keep them from falling apart. I tried a russet and that made a mess! Reds should be okay and I have some to try next.
Mine came with that trivet. It I'm sure you can find one like it anywhere. I followed this recipe for the ribs and they were 25 minutes on the meat setting. The meatloaf I'm making calls for using the manual button and setting to high pressure for 20 minutes. It just finished but it wasn't done so I'm trying for 5 more minutes. Haven't checked the potatoes yet.
https://iwashyoudry.com/instant-pot-...ack-pork-ribs/
Old 1/3/18, 03:31 PM

Mine came with that trivet. It I'm sure you can find one like it anywhere. I followed this recipe for the ribs and they were 25 minutes on the meat setting. The meatloaf I'm making calls for using the manual button and setting to high pressure for 20 minutes. It just finished but it wasn't done so I'm trying for 5 more minutes. Haven't checked the potatoes yet.
https://iwashyoudry.com/instant-pot-...ack-pork-ribs/
25 minutes sounds awesome! Sure beats 2-3 hours slow cooking in the oven! I think I have everything except the liquid smoke so i'll give that recipe a try.

I tried a frozen boneless chicken breast that wasn't quite done at the end of the cycle so I put it in for a few more minutes. I wasn't impressed so i'm not sure if the second cook to finish was the problem or not. The bad part about that too is now you gotta go through the pre-heat cycle again too. Ugh. It's a learning experience!!
Old 1/3/18, 03:48 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

I used the liquid smoke because I already had it on hand. I'm sure with the rub they will be just as good. These little reds held up good. Some did stick a little on the bottom and I did grease it a little before I put them in. Also, the pot came back up to pressure quickly. But then I finished the meatloaf off with a ketchup, brown sugar and mustard glaze under the broiler for a few minutes.

Two of the sites I found some recipes on are This Old Gal and also Pressure Luck Cooking. Got a lot of tips and recipes from different Instant Pot groups on FB too. I may try a cheesecake this weekend. I'll have to see how it goes. Not sure it can beat my white chocolate raspberry swirl cheesecake I usually make the conventional way

Last edited by 08GTCandyApple; 1/3/18 at 04:03 PM.
Old 1/3/18, 04:41 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts

Two of the sites I found some recipes on are This Old Gal and also Pressure Luck Cooking. Got a lot of tips and recipes from different Instant Pot groups on FB too. I may try a cheesecake this weekend. I'll have to see how it goes. Not sure it can beat my white chocolate raspberry swirl cheesecake I usually make the conventional way
Well that should be right up your alley.
Old 1/3/18, 04:43 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 1/4/18 at 07:27 AM.
Old 1/3/18, 04:46 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 1/4/18 at 07:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Sarge (1/3/18)
Old 1/3/18, 05:36 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Well that should be right up your alley.
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-img_0246.jpg  
Old 1/4/18, 01:21 PM

Nice rack!

Old 1/4/18, 03:30 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Nice rack!

let me know how they turn out
Old 1/4/18, 04:13 PM

let me know how they turn out
They came out really good. I handled them carefully and they stayed on the bone, but came off real easy. I used the rub in the recipe, but there didn't seem to be a lot of flavor in the meat with it. Maybe I should have let it sit for an hour or two after putting the rub on. Not bad for a first try. Next time i'll try something a little different.

Now to go outside and spend 2 hours clearing the driveway with the snow still falling, the wind blowing 30+mph, and a temp of 22º. Brrrrrrrrr

Old 1/4/18, 04:26 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

They came out really good. I handled them carefully and they stayed on the bone, but came off real easy. I used the rub in the recipe, but there didn't seem to be a lot of flavor in the meat with it. Maybe I should have let it sit for an hour or two after putting the rub on. Not bad for a first try. Next time i'll try something a little different.

Now to go outside and spend 2 hours clearing the driveway with the snow still falling, the wind blowing 30+mph, and a temp of 22º. Brrrrrrrrr

I did let mine sit in the fridge for a few hours before I cooked them. Did you finish them off with BBQ sauce too? Just try a different rub next time. There are so many different recipes out there it's hard to pick one to try. Sometimes I just use kosher salt and pepper and BBQ sauce

We dodged the storm for the most part where I live. We were just on the outside band and got less than an inch of snow. But it is cold and that wind is wicked! You should see pics from OC. They got almost a foot of snow and they hardly ever get any.
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-img_0250.jpg  

Last edited by 08GTCandyApple; 1/4/18 at 04:38 PM.
Old 1/4/18, 06:01 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I did let mine sit in the fridge for a few hours before I cooked them. Did you finish them off with BBQ sauce too? Just try a different rub next time. There are so many different recipes out there it's hard to pick one to try. Sometimes I just use kosher salt and pepper and BBQ sauce
Don't know if its popular up there, but do yall like Dale's and Tony Chachere's ? Those are 2 of my go to seasonings on stuff like that. Gotta be careful with them though, lot of salt and pretty strong. Especially the Dale's, gotta go light with it, can't really use the liquid and let it sit like a marinade, itll be WAY too strong. And the Tony's is pretty spicy, gotta be careful if you don'[t like hot stuff.

Also like Cavender's Greek seasoning too, its good on just about everything.

And I like Bad Byron's Butt Rub, especially on pork that I cook on the grill. Don't know if yall have that up there.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 1/4/18 at 06:08 PM.
Old 1/4/18, 07:00 PM

We dodged the storm for the most part where I live. We were just on the outside band and got less than an inch of snow. But it is cold and that wind is wicked! You should see pics from OC. They got almost a foot of snow and they hardly ever get any.
I did finish them off in the oven and BBQ sauce. I wanted to put them on the grill, but too much snow!

I knew OC was getting snow but didn't know it was that much. Usually the hotel I stay at posts a link to that photographers photos. I haven't seen it yet.

Don't know if its popular up there, but do yall like Dale's and Tony Chachere's ? Those are 2 of my go to seasonings on stuff like that. Gotta be careful with them though, lot of salt and pretty strong. Especially the Dale's, gotta go light with it, can't really use the liquid and let it sit like a marinade, itll be WAY too strong. And the Tony's is pretty spicy, gotta be careful if you don'[t like hot stuff.

Also like Cavender's Greek seasoning too, its good on just about everything.

And I like Bad Byron's Butt Rub, especially on pork that I cook on the grill. Don't know if yall have that up there.

I've never heard of any of those. Probably not available in this area.
Old 1/4/18, 07:51 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I did finish them off in the oven and BBQ sauce. I wanted to put them on the grill, but too much snow!

I knew OC was getting snow but didn't know it was that much. Usually the hotel I stay at posts a link to that photographers photos. I haven't seen it yet.

I've never heard of any of those. Probably not available in this area.
http://www.dalesseasoning.com/

https://www.tonychachere.com/
\

https://greekseasoning.com/

Old 1/4/18, 08:30 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I made the mistake of using the tony Chachere once while also adding salt and not tasting it till I was done cooking. Holy cow it was salty. It would have been fine if I had never added my own salt.
Old 1/4/18, 09:39 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I made the mistake of using the tony Chachere once while also adding salt and not tasting it till I was done cooking. Holy cow it was salty. It would have been fine if I had never added my own salt.
Yeah, all that stuff is strong. The Dales is really strong, people think they can use it like a marinade for hours, but it dont work like that. Can't put that stuff on and leave it, gotta splash just a little on and cook right away. Tony's is stout too, pretty spicy as well. gotta use just a little.

I like a little dales splashed on and a little tonys sprinkled on burgers for the grill.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast