Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting to get an xbox one
Old 12/27/13, 02:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by scramblerider5
Waiting to get an xbox one
Just hold off all together, I got one but wouldn't advise anyone to get either console, though I can only speak for the xbox one. It's just a weak pc with a very clunky OS and as much as I don't like windows 8, 8 would have been a huge improvement. Half of my games are stuck in "update limbo". Learn from me!!!!
Old 12/27/13, 03:20 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by steven46746
I'm sticking with 480p, 1080 is a gimmick!

1080P a gimmick?...I can see the pixels on my tv even at 1080P on 480P it looks very blocky.

Another note on the xbox one. My Kinect died yesterday after a less than a month of owning the thing. Have to go to the store and exchange it or call Microsoft to send new Kinect. I'm going to swap the whole thing at the store figured that way at least i'll have a month newer system.
Old 12/27/13, 03:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Knight
1080P a gimmick?...I can see the pixels on my tv even at 1080P on 480P it looks very blocky.

Another note on the xbox one. My Kinect died yesterday after a less than a month of owning the thing. Have to go to the store and exchange it or call Microsoft to send new Kinect. I'm going to swap the whole thing at the store figured that way at least i'll have a month newer system.
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
Old 12/27/13, 03:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Knight
1080P a gimmick?...I can see the pixels on my tv even at 1080P on 480P it looks very blocky. Another note on the xbox one. My Kinect died yesterday after a less than a month of owning the thing. Have to go to the store and exchange it or call Microsoft to send new Kinect. I'm going to swap the whole thing at the store figured that way at least i'll have a month newer system.
Lol yeah I was kidding, man have you seen a 4k tv yet? Every time I go into best buy it catches my eye......4k for $4k.....
Old 12/27/13, 04:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Just hold off all together, I got one but wouldn't advise anyone to get either console, though I can only speak for the xbox one. It's just a weak pc with a very clunky OS and as much as I don't like windows 8, 8 would have been a huge improvement. Half of my games are stuck in "update limbo". Learn from me!!!!

my bro got one for xmas and his is also in "update limbo" it didn't want to finish an install all the way no matter many times he tried. I think he was doing some update so he could play online for ghosts
im going to stick to my wii u for awhile. I rather enjoy playing it and I just got 3d world and cant wait to try it out
Old 12/27/13, 04:17 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Moustang
This is all you need to fix that problem. Seriously, if you still have a TV with just RCA and Composite video connections it's time to just replace it. You'll end up spending as much on digital to analog converters as a cheap 32" HDTV costs. Basically you need an HDMI to RCA converter. There aren't many on the market and the cheapest ones are about $50. The whole analog video system was essentially tossed in the trash about a decade ago and very few new products support it.
C'mon man. Throw out two TV's that work perfectly and buy two new ones so my kids can play video games in their rooms. Yeah that **** is gonna happen. I found a few converters on Amazon. GameStop or RadioShack had nothing or at least nothing in stock. I also found just a cable with hdmi on one end and RCA on the other. Wonder I that will work just as good. Dunno
Old 12/27/13, 06:15 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LivinTheStangLife

my bro got one for xmas and his is also in "update limbo" it didn't want to finish an install all the way no matter many times he tried. I think he was doing some update so he could play online for ghosts
im going to stick to my wii u for awhile. I rather enjoy playing it and I just got 3d world and cant wait to try it out
Yeah I found its best to install the disc offline and then update later online, at least if you intend to play the same day. I'm stuck on the later updates.....
Old 12/27/13, 08:21 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I made the mistake of taking a disc out during install, and that thoroughly pissed off the console. It didn't really cause any issues, but it was annoying until I completed it. I haven't had issues with update installs though.

Right now, they need to get the party chat fixed. It shouldn't take a combination of plugging in/taking out the mic, turning on/off party chat, and snapping/unsnapping the app. I swear it's a huge pain in the *** every time I try to jump in with a party. The 360 system was much, much simpler.
Old 12/27/13, 09:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
C'mon man. Throw out two TV's that work perfectly and buy two new ones so my kids can play video games in their rooms. Yeah that **** is gonna happen.

Hey man, that's life.

Fact is neither the PS4 nor the Xbox One support SDTV resolution. The closest you get is 480p which still has to be deinterlaced before your SDTV can display it. Quite simply they are High Definition, digital output consoles. They are not designed to work with old standard definition televisions, and even with a converter it probably isn't going to look or work nearly as well as you hope.

It's not only going to require the conversion of both audio and video from digital to analog, but it's going to have to convert the video signal to an interlaced format as well. How well that conversion takes place is entirely up to the converter.

One thing is for certain though, some things that should be on screen will be cut off and most text will be impossible to read. If you're losing the widescreen format anything that takes places along the edges of the screen in either gameplay or during cutscenes will either be cut off and you won't see it. Alternatively it will be scaled down to a 360i resolution with black bars at the top and bottom (Letterboxed) to achieve the widescreen display. Text and HUD displays are formatted for HDTV resolutions and will be too small to display clearly at SDTV resolutions. You'll just get a blurry smear instead of clear letters.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is life. Your televisions may still work, but they're obsolete. I've got a perfectly working 35mm SLR camera that hasn't been used in a decade myself. It cost me $800 new and I can't even sell it online for enough to cover the shipping, so I understand the disgust.

However, odds are a cheap HDTV doesn't cost any more than a new cell phone, and I'll bet money that you didn't wait until your last phone ceased to function before you replaced it, did you?

Last edited by Moustang; 12/27/13 at 09:18 PM.
Old 12/27/13, 09:29 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Moustang
Hey man, that's life. Fact is neither the PS4 nor the Xbox One support SDTV resolution. The closest you get is 480p which still has to be deinterlaced before your SDTV can display it. Quite simply they are High Definition, digital output consoles. They are not designed to work with old standard definition televisions, and even with a converter it probably isn't going to look or work nearly as well as you hope. It's not only going to require the conversion of both audio and video from digital to analog, but it's going to have to convert the video signal to an interlaced format as well. How well that conversion takes place is entirely up to the converter. One thing is for certain though, some things that should be on screen will be cut off and most text will be impossible to read. Since you're losing the widescreen format anything that takes places along the edges of the screen in either gameplay or during cutscenes will either be cut off and you won't see it, or it will be scaled down to a 360i resolution with black bars at the top and bottom (Letterboxed) to achieve the widescreen display. Text and HUD displays are formatted for HDTV resolutions and will be too small to display clearly at SDTV resolutions. You'll just get a blurry smear instead of clear letters. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is life. Your televisions may still work, but they're obsolete. I've got a perfectly working 35mm SLR camera that hasn't been used in a decade myself. It cost me $800 new and I can't even sell it online for enough to cover the shipping, so I understand the disgust. However, odds are a cheap HDTV doesn't cost any more than a new cell phone, and I'll bet money that you didn't wait until your last phone ceased to function before you replaced it, did you?
What the hell does "that's life" mean? I'm talking about a video game for a 9 & 12 year old. Is there a converter? Does it work? I could give a **** less if they don't get the full theater experience. Hopefully they will be interested in girls more than video games anyways. $200 on a compatible TV(so they can play video games) hurts way worse than a $400 bicycle I just bought. Not to mention the fact that I have to buy two new televisions for video games. So again I ask, is there a converter? Any recommendations on models?
Old 12/27/13, 09:33 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I'm sticking with 480p, 1080 is a gimmick!

If you're talking composite video then you're only taking 480i

Still a gimmick
Old 12/28/13, 11:39 AM
Cobra Member

My xbox one has worked fine. No complaints here. But it's been like a week or so.
Old 1/2/14, 12:10 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
I made the mistake of taking a disc out during install, and that thoroughly pissed off the console. It didn't really cause any issues, but it was annoying until I completed it. I haven't had issues with update installs though.

Right now, they need to get the party chat fixed. It shouldn't take a combination of plugging in/taking out the mic, turning on/off party chat, and snapping/unsnapping the app. I swear it's a huge pain in the *** every time I try to jump in with a party. The 360 system was much, much simpler.
Yeah, the 'getting friends list' is a seperate app, and I wish it was more overlapped like the 360. It was way easier to get to see friends/parties/messages/chats.

The other thing, 360 was pretty clear about patches.
The ONE says 'it hasn't finished installing' when you are trying to run it while it's trying to patch it. Not bad, just not quite clear.

Can't wait to see the games within the next couple of years.
Old 1/6/14, 01:55 PM
Cobra Member

http://m.technobuffalo.com/2014/01/0...ays-macroaxis/

Hope you Sony boys like single player!