WHATS FOR DINNER?

Search this Thread

Old 2/22/13, 11:40 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Cheddar cheese and Ritz crackers
I was snacking on cheddar jack cheese on Ritz crackers the other day. So freaking good. Just wish dairy didn't mess me up like it does these days. Never used to have a problem with it when I was younger.
Old 2/22/13, 11:48 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

I was snacking on cheddar jack cheese on Ritz crackers the other day. So freaking good. Just wish dairy didn't mess me up like it does these days. Never used to have a problem with it when I was younger.
I prefer really sharp cheddar. I usually buy the Cracker Barrel aged reserve. Awesome stuff.
Old 2/22/13, 11:53 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers

That sounds good!

It's a worthy sacrifice Lee!
Old 2/22/13, 11:53 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I prefer really sharp cheddar. I usually buy the Cracker Barrel aged reserve. Awesome stuff.
I'm not much of a cheese aficionado, sharp cheddar is a bit too over powering for me. I'm a simple man, a hillbilly if you will, I'm not the guy you will see sampling brie and other high highfalutin stuff. You'll never see me eating bleu cheese, etc. I don't even care for swiss. I'll be the sombithch with Velveeta on a saltine.
Old 2/22/13, 11:59 PM

I'm not much of a cheese aficionado, sharp cheddar is a bit too over powering for me. I'm a simple man, a hillbilly if you will, I'm not the guy you will see sampling brie and other high highfalutin stuff. You'll never see me eating bleu cheese, etc. I don't even care for swiss. I'll be the sombithch with Velveeta on a saltine.
A good chargrilled blue cheese burger is hard to beat. Then again, garlic butter and blue cheese on a steak is great too.
Old 2/23/13, 12:00 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by stangfoeva

It's a worthy sacrifice Lee!
You obviously haven't been around the morning after I've had extra cheese on a pizza, a big glass of milk, a large bowl of ice cream, or some of those combined. You wouldn't feel the same way.

And it seems to have come with age, never bothered me when I was younger, drank quarts of milk, ate tons of cheese, ice cream etc. but nowadays it puts me in a hell of a shape within a few hours. Don't know if I've become more sensitive to it, or if its because I cut down on it so much that now when I do It ****s me up because I've lowered my tolerance.

Either way, I take it in sparingly. For my own benefit and the comfort of others that are in the house.
Old 2/23/13, 12:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was going to make some chicken, but it didn't thaw out. So, I made a frozen pizza :/ I was starving when I got home, didn't really care what I ate. Lol
Old 2/23/13, 12:04 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

A good chargrilled blue cheese burger is hard to beat.
So is a sore pecker, therefore I avoid doing that. I'm a picky eater. I don't eat salad dressing, mayonnaise, funky cheese or anything that even looks like any of those. It might be delicious, but I'll never know because I'll never try it. Don't ask, I'm a picky weirdo when it comes to my food.
Old 2/23/13, 12:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A good chargrilled blue cheese burger is hard to beat. Then again, garlic butter and blue cheese on a steak is great too.
Man, I flippin love bleu cheese.. Probably my favorite. I feel like I eat it on everything. Hell, If I have some crumbles in the fridge, I find the biggest one and just munch in it by itself Lol
Old 2/23/13, 12:06 AM

So is a sore pecker, therefore I avoid doing that. I'm a picky eater. I don't eat salad dressing, mayonnaise, funky cheese or anything that even looks like any of those. It might be delicious, but I'll never know because I'll never try it. Don't ask, I'm a picky weirdo when it comes to my food.
I hear ya man. I like me some crazy fancy food though. I'm a foodie *****. Lol
Old 2/23/13, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by blairnr67

Man, I flippin love bleu cheese.. Probably my favorite. I feel like I eat it on everything. Hell, If I have some crumbles in the fridge, I find the biggest one and just munch in it by itself Lol
A little too harsh for me to eat straight but its some great stuff. Feta, goat cheese, its all good.
Old 2/23/13, 12:27 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I hear ya man. I like me some crazy fancy food though. I'm a foodie *****. Lol
For the love of God don't use the word "foodie".

I'm a weirdo. I don't eat tomatoes, onions, mayonnaise, salad dressing (or anything that even looks like it might have mayonnaise in it). And its not that I don't like tomatoes or onions, I just don't like the texture of them. I like the flavor, onions grilled on something, just not the onions themselves, tomato sauce as long as it doesn't have chunks of tomatoes in it, even salsa, but I dip the chip in, shake off all the chunks and eat the chip with the juice on it.

Yes, I have some OCD problems. I order a bacon cheese burger plain. Bun, meat, cheese only. If I eat it at home, I'll put lettuce, pickle, mustard, ketchup on it. But I have to put it on myself and in the order and placed like I want it to be. Even though I love pickles, they have to be the right size, thickness and placed just right and the number I want. If someone else puts it on, I can't eat it. :O

Yeah, I'm screwed up a bit.
Old 2/23/13, 12:45 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Cook them on the grill on low heat turning often until the casing splits. Then take them up and eat them on a bun with mustard, kraut, etc. what ever you like on a hot dog. Except chili, I've found that I never need chili on them like I do a regular hot dog.
Wish we could have grills here, guess the George Foreman will have to do. Thought about throwing some in my chili, but I don't think it would change the flavor enough to worry about it.

you **** right it is!

I'm a weirdo. I don't eat tomatoes, onions, mayonnaise, salad dressing (or anything that even looks like it might have mayonnaise in it). And its not that I don't like tomatoes or onions, I just don't like the texture of them. I like the flavor, onions grilled on something, just not the onions themselves, tomato sauce as long as it doesn't have chunks of tomatoes in it, even salsa, but I dip the chip in, shake off all the chunks and eat the chip with the juice on it.
I'm the same way exactly. The three main foods I don't eat are lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. Just hate the textures. Onion flavor is fine (onion salt, etc.) and I love tomato byproducts, just not the thing itself, so tomato paste/ketchup/salsa is fine. I hate mayo too, it's so awful.
Old 2/23/13, 12:47 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Lee, if dairy gets you that bad, never eat any of my chili. Its got no dairy in it, but it's a hazardous combination of ingredients in the right proportions. A friend of mine had some years back, and I swear the boy could have stripped wallpaper with that smell.
Old 2/23/13, 01:00 AM

For the love of God don't use the word "foodie".

Yes, I have some OCD problems. I order a bacon cheese burger plain. Bun, meat, cheese only. If I eat it at home, I'll put lettuce, pickle, mustard, ketchup on it. But I have to put it on myself and in the order and placed like I want it to be. Even though I love pickles, they have to be the right size, thickness and placed just right and the number I want. If someone else puts it on, I can't eat it. :O

Yeah, I'm screwed up a bit.
Don't eat tomatoes or pickles. Don't like vinegar at all so most salad dressings are out. Most salads are out unless they just have cheese salt and pepper on them.

Foodie is a dumb word but its difficult to describe it any other way. It's hard to believe how critical I've become when it comes to food. And it's even harder to believe how great some of food is at these higher end restaurants. But if I could get the same food in a crappy bar with a pissed off half drunk waitress, I would go there instead.
Old 2/23/13, 01:03 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Lee, if dairy gets you that bad, never eat any of my chili. Its got no dairy in it, but it's a hazardous combination of ingredients in the right proportions. A friend of mine had some years back, and I swear the boy could have stripped wallpaper with that smell.
I have the same problem with my chili, but it doesn't upset my stomach like dairy does. That **** puts me in extreme pain these days, and puts me on the toilet within an hour or two. However, my chili doesn't cause the pain, but it does cause those "hot" farts. Those humid ones that you'd think would leave skid marks in your underwear, but they don't. However, they stink like no other. You won't smell it when you get up, but after you get up, go to the john, go out and have a smoke, then come back into the bedroom it will knock you down. A strong fart that feels like it has burned a hole in your underwear, but it hasn't. Yet, its strong enough to strip the varnish off of a hundred year old chifforobe
Old 2/23/13, 01:10 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Don't eat tomatoes or pickles. Don't like vinegar at all so most salad dressings are out. Most salads are out unless they just have cheese salt and pepper on them.

Foodie is a dumb word but its difficult to describe it any other way. It's hard to believe how critical I've become when it comes to food. And it's even harder to believe how great some of food is at these higher end restaurants. But if I could get the same food in a crappy bar with a pissed off half drunk waitress, I would go there instead.
Only salad dressing I eat at all is a vinegar and oil type dressing with a lot of herbs that they put on the salad for the table at a local Italian restaurant. If it looks creamy at all and could even be construed as having mayonnaise in it, I'm not eating it.

I have to pick around in salads at most places because they chop up tomatoes and onions in them. I like the lettuce, red cabbage, carrots, a tiny bit of the cucumbers (no big pieces) boiled eggs, bacon, cheese (lots of it) and croutons.
Old 2/23/13, 02:52 AM

Dangit I'm hungry. Sounds like a Waffle House before I go home type of morning.
Old 2/23/13, 02:56 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Dangit I'm hungry. Sounds like a Waffle House before I go home type of morning.
I'd give $100 right now for someone to come pick me up, take me to Waffle House to eat, and bring me back home and tuck me in bed. If a DUI weren't so expensive, I'd take myself.

I'd have chop steak and eggs, scrambled well, raisin instead of regular toast, grits, and a small pecan waffle with a regular bacon.

Heinz 57 for the chop steak, ketchup for the eggs, and mixed fruit jelly for the toast. And sweet tea.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 2/23/13 at 02:59 AM.
Old 2/23/13, 03:07 AM

I'd give $100 right now for someone to come pick me up, take me to Waffle House to eat, and bring me back home and tuck me in bed. If a DUI weren't so expensive, I'd take myself.

I'd have chop steak and eggs, scrambled well, raisin instead of regular toast, grits, and a small pecan waffle with a regular bacon.

Heinz 57 for the chop steak, ketchup for the eggs, and mixed fruit jelly for the toast. And sweet tea.
I like the raisin toast too. Usually get the cheese & eggs. Can't wait for the hash browns. Lol
Sorry bud, its a mile away from work.

Quick Reply: WHATS FOR DINNER?