Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/13, 05:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Scott, it's sad to see that car listed........ BUT, after parting ways with my "blue car" it's hard to believe it's been four years ago already. Time flies. Gotta do what you feel is right.

Lance! I put Borla ProXS mufflers on the black Mach 1. I just went to the muffler shop beside Shaffer's and had them order & weld them in along with 4" tips. The whole thing (2 mufflers, 2 4" tips, and install) was like $325 if I recall. No more than $350 I know that.
Old 3/31/13, 06:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Scott, it's sad to see that car listed........ BUT, after parting ways with my "blue car" it's hard to believe it's been four years ago already. Time flies. Gotta do what you feel is right.

Lance! I put Borla ProXS mufflers on the black Mach 1. I just went to the muffler shop beside Shaffer's and had them order & weld them in along with 4" tips. The whole thing (2 mufflers, 2 4" tips, and install) was like $325 if I recall. No more than $350 I know that.
Yeah I debated on letting it go or not. Boy it doesn't seem like it's been 4 years since you sold the 06'. I got the car listed in the Auto Trader yesterday so we will see how it goes in the next few weeks. Now is the time to sell a Vert if your going to do it.
Old 4/1/13, 06:27 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Happy Dyngus Day everybody.
Old 4/1/13, 09:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any of you guys ever used MAC exhaust products? Thinking before I drop the engine back in now is the best time at maybe looking at some long tubes. Really wanted BBKs but with an Auto Tranny MACs are the only ones that clear that are in my price range and they have that stupid chrome plating and I really wanted ceramic but I could settle. Any thoughts?
Old 4/1/13, 10:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
I had some mac mufflers on my 2k stang loud as hell but they seemed to be built pretty well.
Old 4/1/13, 10:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Hey Lance, no experience with Mac products but you could get them and take them to Panacea there in Decatur, I think they do ceramic coating. They did a good job powder coating my cylinder head covers on the '06 that I had.
Old 4/1/13, 11:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Hey Lance, no experience with Mac products but you could get them and take them to Panacea there in Decatur, I think they do ceramic coating. They did a good job powder coating my cylinder head covers on the '06 that I had.
Big thing would be to see what the price is. If it would be cheaper in the long run to just get already ceramic coated ones lol.
Old 4/3/13, 04:37 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lee I hate seeing that sweet looking Stang up for sale. Especially since I would love to have it and dont have the money at the moment. I know you gotta do what you gotta do. I feel you in that aspect. I still miss my old one but its getting easier to go into the garage now. Im just waiting for the day that I bring home another one.
Old 4/4/13, 01:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lancer
Any of you guys ever used MAC exhaust products? Thinking before I drop the engine back in now is the best time at maybe looking at some long tubes. Really wanted BBKs but with an Auto Tranny MACs are the only ones that clear that are in my price range and they have that stupid chrome plating and I really wanted ceramic but I could settle. Any thoughts?
I have MAC Longtubes. They are a lot less expensive than the other longtube headers, and I got a great deal on them. Since I occasionally need to drive my car in the winter they are no longer all pretty and chrome, they're ugly now, but they work. They're headers.
Old 4/4/13, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Driving on 294 through Illinois towards Milwaukee yesterday, was next to a white new Boss 302 being driven by a blonde. I got all excited, caught up to her, and i was gonna be all "yo, sup, nice Boss" in the form of a thumbs-up..

But..

She ignored me.

Bztch.

I thought I had found my soulmate, but I was wrong.

I hate her.
Old 4/4/13, 04:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Lee I hate seeing that sweet looking Stang up for sale. Especially since I would love to have it and dont have the money at the moment. I know you gotta do what you gotta do. I feel you in that aspect. I still miss my old one but its getting easier to go into the garage now. Im just waiting for the day that I bring home another one.

Hey Booger....who the hell is Lee? Your new girlfriend?

Originally Posted by ov3n
Driving on 294 through Illinois towards Milwaukee yesterday, was next to a white new Boss 302 being driven by a blonde. I got all excited, caught up to her, and i was gonna be all "yo, sup, nice Boss" in the form of a thumbs-up..

But..

She ignored me.

Bztch.

I hate her.

Ha Ha Nick...Just wait until you get to be my,Darrells and Tom's age. The young *****es stop caring unless you are throwing money at them.
Old 4/4/13, 04:47 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey Booger....who the hell is Lee? Your new girlfriend?
Sorry Scott. I didnt realize I called you Lee. lol

BTW Lee is another old member on here that goes by the name Rather.B.Blown
Old 4/4/13, 05:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Sorry Scott. I didnt realize I called you Lee. lol

BTW Lee is another old member on here that goes by the name Rather.B.Blown

We are cool Booger. I know you were talking to me but I had to call you on it you know.

Yes the guy you are referring to R.B.B (Tom)? is in what I would call his "Mid-life Crisis" mode. I have been there and left it a long time ago so I know the signs. But it will take a few more years before his owns up to the reallity of it.
Old 4/4/13, 07:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

But..

She ignored me.

Bztch.

I hate her.

Driving through my neck of the woods.
Old 4/4/13, 09:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have MAC Longtubes. They are a lot less expensive than the other longtube headers, and I got a great deal on them. Since I occasionally need to drive my car in the winter they are no longer all pretty and chrome, they're ugly now, but they work. They're headers.
You have the chrome plated ones Nick?
Old 4/5/13, 12:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Lancer
You have the chrome plated ones Nick?
I have these ones Lance. http://www.brenspeed.com/20546.html
Old 4/6/13, 06:31 PM
Cobra Member

Scott,
Bit late, but sad to see your 'Vert up for sale. Like you mentioned, priorities. I can understand, but still hate to see it go
Good luck with your sale.
Old 4/7/13, 03:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
Scott,
Bit late, but sad to see your 'Vert up for sale. Like you mentioned, priorities. I can understand, but still hate to see it go
Good luck with your sale.

Thanks Larry. I know it's only been up for sale about a week but so far the only people that have contacted me need some type of payment plan. WTF? Do I look like a bank?
Old 4/7/13, 11:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Sure pay me 600 a month, non refundable at any time, you can have it when its paid for
Old 4/9/13, 06:55 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Here's an old one that most of you willn't remember

"I'll galdly pay you Tuesday for a Hambuger today."

From an old cartoon (probably black and white)..

Scottie let me know when you open the Old Fart's and Trust Bank.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread