Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
friday WooooooooooHooooooooooooooooo
Old 5/9/08, 06:20 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny Time -

My neighbor found out her dog could hardly hear so she took it to the

veterinarian. He found that the problem was hair in its ears.

He cleaned both ears and the dog could hear fine.

The vet then proceeded to tell the lady that if she

wanted to keep this from reoccurring she should go to the store and get

some 'Nair' hair remover and rub it in the dog's ears once a month.

The lady goes to the drug store and gets some

'Nair' hair remover.

At the register, the druggist tells her, 'If you're going to use this under your arms don't use deodorant for a few days.'

The lady says: 'I'm not using it under my arms.'

The druggist says: 'If you're using it on your legs don't shave for a couple of days.'

The lady says: 'I'm not using it on my legs either, if you must know, I'm using it on my schnauzer.'

The druggist says: 'Stay off your bicycle for a week.'

Last edited by red454; 5/9/08 at 06:22 AM.
Old 5/9/08, 07:29 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice one!
Old 5/9/08, 02:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by frdtch05gt
Nice one!

Hey Justin,
What size fuse did you put in your "add a fuse" for you Gentex mirror? I don't see anywhere in the instructions what it requires. I am going to start with a 2 amp.
Old 5/9/08, 02:45 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
ok....NEW HOUSE PROBLEM #1:

I have a large window that is on the east side of the house in my bedroom. I close the curtains every night when we sleep....however....every morning at 7am I get woken up by the BRIGHT *** sun shining through my curtains and in my face! I always think I have over slept because it is so bright outside then I look at my watch to see that it is still early in the morning...I didn't know it got light so early now...my other house's bedroom had one small window and it was always very dark.....It think its time to invest in some thicker curtains!
Old 5/9/08, 03:05 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Thanks for letting us know....... if the weather is nice, I may head to the strip instead.

Larry, Cody, Darrell, anyone else reading..... are you planning to attend or not?

Tom,
I'll not be attending this one. Gas alone there & back is the deterrent, 3.99/gal here yesterday
Old 5/9/08, 03:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by codeman94

I have a large window that is on the east side of the house in my bedroom. I close the curtains every night when we sleep....however....every morning at 7am I get woken up by the BRIGHT *** sun shining through my curtains and in my face! I always think I have over slept because it is so bright outside then I look at my watch to see that it is still early in the morning...I didn't know it got light so early now...my other house's bedroom had one small window and it was always very dark.....It think its time to invest in some thicker curtains!

You might want to think about blinds of some kind. Consider yourself lucky. I don't think I have seen the sun since I left Florida last Saturday.
Old 5/9/08, 05:42 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
[quote=tom281;5563839]Hey Darrell, have you made it back to the track yet?

Nah, between work (60 hours a week), my upcoming Daughter's Wedding (next Saturday) and my latest problem (trying to return my 05 Saturn Ion 1 as its lease is up next Friday) I have been busier than a one legged man in a @ss kicking contest.
Old 5/9/08, 06:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Just get up early, you pansy..... nothing like getting up at 5-6am and starting your day.

Originally Posted by aircare84
Tom,
I'll not be attending this one. Gas alone there & back is the deterrent, 3.99/gal here yesterday
OK, thanks for letting me know.

[quote=dly;5564286]
Hey Darrell, have you made it back to the track yet?

Nah, between work (60 hours a week), my upcoming Daughter's Wedding (next Saturday) and my latest problem (trying to return my 05 Saturn Ion 1 as its lease is up next Friday) I have been busier than a one legged man in a @ss kicking contest.
Good luck with the wedding stuff- it will be over soon.
Old 5/9/08, 07:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Well, I am finally taking the hood plunge. I took the factory hood off for the drive up to Ft. Wayne to get the new hood painted and fitted to the car this week. It will be the like the red 67 style in the picture.

I originally wanted the KR style (like the black one in the pic) but the stripes would have to be painted, which would mean that the entire car would have to have (eventually) the remaining stripes painted. And the more I look at the 67 (Mystery 7) I think it looks more aggressive.

It is going to be a LONG week.
Attached Thumbnails Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-dscf2433.jpg   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-dscf0970.jpg  
Old 5/9/08, 08:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Wow, congrats! Did you drive from Indy to the Fort with no hood on the car?
Old 5/9/08, 10:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey Justin,
What size fuse did you put in your "add a fuse" for you Gentex mirror? I don't see anywhere in the instructions what it requires. I am going to start with a 2 amp.
I used a 5 amp for now since I had that available, but it might actually be a bit high, may need to back that down to a 2 or 3. I'll fiddle with it sometime soon here, maybe tomorrow. I figure it shouldn't draw much more than 1 amp or so anyway if even that much, so a 3 should do the trick.

I ordered a pair of radiator cover extensions to cover the area on the sides of the cover, getting those in the same molded black as the stock radiator cover. It will come with a plug to cover up the area where the prop rod would be.

Last edited by frdtch05gt; 5/9/08 at 10:05 PM.
Old 5/10/08, 12:06 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Guy's I can personally vouch for the durability of the CDC chin spoiler. Tonight coming home from Iowa, I was on the Interstate, one exit from the jungle and traveling about 80 mph trapped in traffic and there it was, the mangled torso of a large deer! no where to go but over it ! the impact felt like I tore the front out of the car when I got home the only thing I found was the spoiler pulled down off of the bumper lip and the smell of burning deer guts on the exhaust system. I disconnected one end of spoiler and reattached it, absolutely no signs of getting hit! and headed for the car wash! the bottom of the Stang looks like a slaughter house. Going to put it up on jack stands tomorrow and hit it hard with the power washer and look for any damage!.......Wow! I just noticed topgun is a moderator....man thats like letting the Fox watch the hen house..

Last edited by blkstang06; 5/10/08 at 12:16 AM.
Old 5/10/08, 12:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Friday, May 9, 2008
MADISON, Wis. - Two children and their mother lived for about two months with the decaying body of a 90-year-old woman on the toilet of their home's only bathroom, on the advice of a religious "superior" who claimed the corpse would come back to life, authorities said Friday.
The children - a 15-year-old girl and a 12-year-old boy - cried hysterically Wednesday after a deputy who came to their Necedah home looking for Magdeline Alvina Middlesworth ordered them out because of the stench from her body.
The children were in foster care Friday. Their mother, Tammy Lewis, and self-described "bishop" Alan Bushey remained in custody on felony counts of being a party to causing mental harm to a child.
"It's a sad case, and we'll continue to investigate it and try to ascertain just what occurred up there," Juneau County Sheriff Brent Oleson said. He said he had no further information on Bushey's religious affiliation.
According to the criminal complaint, Middlesworth's sister called sheriff's officials Wednesday and asked them to go to the home about 80 miles north of Madison to check on the woman, who had not been heard from for some time.
When Deputy Leigh Neville-Neil arrived at the house, she encountered Lewis, also known as Sister Mary Bernadett, the complaint said. Lewis, 35, initially refused to allow the deputy to check on Middlesworth, telling her that Middlesworth was on vacation and saying she had to check with her "superior" first.
But she eventually let the deputy in. The house smelled of incense and burned wood, and had religious materials everywhere and hymns playing on the stereo, according to the complaint.
When the deputy opened the last closed door, she smelled "decaying matter" and noticed something piled on what appeared to be a toilet. Lewis told her it was Middlesworth's body, the complaint said.
Lewis told the deputy that Middlesworth had died about two months earlier, but that God told her Middlesworth would come to life if she prayed hard enough.
She said she couldn't say anything more until she spoke with her "superior" - Bushey, 57, also known as Bishop John Peter Bushey.
When Bushey (pronounced "boo-SHAY") arrived, Lewis told the deputy that Middlesworth had appeared to pass out as Lewis helped her into her underwear.
She said she propped Middlesworth on the toilet and left the room to call Bushey, who told her to leave the woman alone and pray for her, the complaint said. He said he had received signs that God would raise her from the dead with a miracle.
Lewis went on to say she thought Middlesworth was still breathing when she put her on the toilet and called Bushey, instead of an ambulance. She later told a detective she put the woman on the toilet on March 4.
An autopsy has been performed, but results won't be available for some time, Oleson said.
"At this time we don't know what the cause of death was," he said. "Quite frankly, it might have been natural causes."
He described the one-story home in the town of Necedah as in decent repair, although the residents had been using "makeshift" toilet facilities because of the situation in the one bathroom.
The boy at the house told a detective he had considered running away because he was uncomfortable with the situation. He said Bushey told him that demons were trying to make it look as if Middlesworth wouldn't come back to life, and that if she were to be discovered he and the girl would have to go to public school and get jobs because Middlesworth paid the bills.
The boy referred to Middlesworth as "grandmother," the complaint said.
Oleson said Middlesworth was unrelated to Bushey.
"She believed in the same faith as self-proclaimed Bishop Bushey, and that was the connection there," he said.
Oleson said that Middlesworth and Lewis lived at the residence with the children since fall of 2004, and that Bushey lived elsewhere.
Bushey and Lewis are scheduled to make an initial court appearance May 19. Aside from the felony counts, Lewis also was charged with obstructing an officer, a misdemeanor.
The sheriff said cash bond was set Friday at $50,000 each, but Lewis was allowed to post 10 percent for her release.
Computerized state court records had no attorney listed for either suspect on Friday.
---
Associated Press writer James Carlson in Milwaukee contributed to this report.

Old 5/10/08, 01:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Peak Oil Hoax - The Energy Non-Crisis [Excerpts from each chapter] http://www.rense.com/general69/noncrisis.htm YouTube - Lindsey Williams - The Energy Non-Crisis - Part 1 of 8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbakN7SLdbk YouTube - Lindsey Williams - The Energy Non-Crisis - Part 2 of 8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGGjbDjnNzw&feature=related YouTube - Lindsey Williams - The Energy Non-Crisis - Part 3 of 8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q39ic04vhNo&feature=related YouTube - Lindsey Williams - The Energy Non-Crisis - Part 4 of 8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKCyCYz_aHY&feature=related YouTube - Lindsey Williams - The Energy Non-Crisis - Part 5 of 8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TYmSGwAumk&feature=related YouTube - Lindsey Williams - The Energy Non-Crisis - Part 6 of 8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbwMOvV6ctg&feature=related YouTube - Lindsey Williams - The Energy Non-Crisis - Part 7 of 8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5HGHsy3H_0&feature=related YouTube - Lindsey Williams - The Energy Non-Crisis - Part 8 of 8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC61X78-OI0&feature=related Primary link: http://tinyurl.com/24ug7h
Old 5/10/08, 04:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by frdtch05gt
I used a 5 amp for now since I had that available, but it might actually be a bit high, may need to back that down to a 2 or 3. I'll fiddle with it sometime soon here, maybe tomorrow. I figure it shouldn't draw much more than 1 amp or so anyway if even that much, so a 3 should do the trick.

I ordered a pair of radiator cover extensions to cover the area on the sides of the cover, getting those in the same molded black as the stock radiator cover. It will come with a plug to cover up the area where the prop rod would be.

Hey Justin,
Well finished up my mirror install last night and I used a 2 amp fuse and it works fine so far. Time will tell.
Scott
Old 5/10/08, 05:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts

throw some window tint on that puppie

morning Everyone
Old 5/10/08, 12:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Wow, congrats! Did you drive from Indy to the Fort with no hood on the car?

Ye p - just got back. Got some funny looks. Cops went right by me and did not care.

Here are some pics of the side scoops - a future project. And shots of the other hood that I was considering...
Attached Thumbnails Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-dscf2437.jpg   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-dscf2440.jpg   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-dscf2441.jpg   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-dscf2446.jpg  

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread