Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/13, 05:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Personally I favor #1 Sounds more mellow and not so cracky when you punch the throttle. What are they?

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 7/21/13 at 05:15 AM.
Old 7/21/13, 06:58 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Personally I favor #1 Sounds more mellow and not so cracky when you punch the throttle. What are they?

#1 is a Saleen Heritage muffler that was gutted out by me

#2 is the stock Ford muffler that came on the car gutted out.

Both have bigger tipps added to the tail pipe.

I'm looking for something that will scare the pants off as I go by
Old 7/21/13, 07:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
I'm reserving judgement until I can hear them on my computer and not just my phone.
Old 7/21/13, 10:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
Originally Posted by dly
#1 is a Saleen Heritage muffler that was gutted out by me

#2 is the stock Ford muffler that came on the car gutted out.

Both have bigger tipps added to the tail pipe.

I'm looking for something that will scare the pants off as I go by
I think number one sounds better or has a lower tone number two seems like it would be louder
Old 7/22/13, 07:16 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I go with number one. I like the deeper sound in exhaust
Old 7/23/13, 05:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Darrell,
Which one did you like the best?
Old 7/23/13, 06:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

what uuuuuuuupppppppp
Old 7/23/13, 06:57 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hola amigas
Old 7/24/13, 02:44 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Darrell,
Which one did you like the best?

Well I drove to work tonight and I have to agree I like the Saleen muffler better. Actually the stock Ford muffler is very quiet at 45 to 55 mph. So I'll put the saleen mufflers back on, also my new Racing seats should be here today. Proably put them in Thursday.. pictures to follow.
Old 7/28/13, 04:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Well my car may be getting it's first every clay bar job today and the reason is not good. On Thursday it was gorgeous so I drove the Stang to work. When I headed home I thought "Wow" this place is dusty looking thru the windshield. But when I got home and tried to clean it off I realized it was not dust but something else and it was all over the car. I tried to wash the entire car and it was not coming off easily. When I went to work the next day others noticed the same thing on there cars. Turns out there 18 cars that have some type of overspray on them from a roofing job going on 2 building away. Seems they were spraying some type of foam insulation on the roof. The roofer has insurance and will cover any damage and cleaning. He made arrangements with some detail shop I have never heard of over by work to start on the cars Monday. I have a guy that has done my cars for several years doing the Stang today. He believes the only way to get rid of it completely is clay bar and polish. Not sure if they will pay my bill or not yet but at least I know what is being done to my car.
Old 7/28/13, 12:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Scott, I had that exact thing happen to my blue car! Roofer several buildings down from my previous employer was painting the roof silver with some type of epoxy. It got my car and about 200 others!

They sent two guys down to clay bar every car over the course of about three weeks. I refused and made them give me a check. I went to a reputable shop and had an estimate for about 1500 because they weren't sure what it would take to get it off.

Later I spent about three days claying and polishing and managed to get most of it off but not all of it. It was good enough for me.

I spent the 1500 check on the intercooler for the vortech blower I had at the time lol.

Good luck!
Old 7/28/13, 02:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Scott, I had that exact thing happen to my blue car! Roofer several buildings down from my previous employer was painting the roof silver with some type of epoxy. It got my car and about 200 others!

They sent two guys down to clay bar every car over the course of about three weeks. I refused and made them give me a check. I went to a reputable shop and had an estimate for about 1500 because they weren't sure what it would take to get it off.

Later I spent about three days claying and polishing and managed to get most of it off but not all of it. It was good enough for me.

I spent the 1500 check on the intercooler for the vortech blower I had at the time lol.

Good luck!

Well got the car back from the detailer this afternoon. The news isn't good. On the up side the stuff came off of the windows and Steeda rims. The downside is he used 4 claybars on the car and got some on it off but it appears it cooked into the clear coat. He thought it might of been hot but I think we were to far away. Most likely chemically burnt into the clearcoat. At minimum it is looking like a wet sand and polish on the clearcoat at least. When you take your finger tips and run on the paint it feels like sand in the paint. He wouldn't even try to buff on it. He thought it would just leave thousands of fisheyes in the paint. We will see how this turns out is a few days. I believe my cars paint if "Rucked up" for good.

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 7/28/13 at 02:45 PM.
Old 7/28/13, 02:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Good luck!

So you are saying I might get a supercharger out of this deal???
Old 7/28/13, 02:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

What was the name of the company doing the painting? When it happened to me it was some group from Ohio like buckeye painting or something like that.

There was some on my car that never came out either. It was like you said, chemically bonded.
Old 7/28/13, 03:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

What was the name of the company doing the painting? When it happened to me it was some group from Ohio like buckeye painting or something like that.

There was some on my car that never came out either. It was like you said, chemically bonded.

Won't know the name of them yet but since 18 cars are involved I am sure I will know in a few days. I am pretty sure it is a local firm.
Old 7/28/13, 04:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well got the car back from the detailer this afternoon. The news isn't good. On the up side the stuff came off of the windows and Steeda rims. The downside is he used 4 claybars on the car and got some on it off but it appears it cooked into the clear coat. He thought it might of been hot but I think we were to far away. Most likely chemically burnt into the clearcoat. At minimum it is looking like a wet sand and polish on the clearcoat at least. When you take your finger tips and run on the paint it feels like sand in the paint. He wouldn't even try to buff on it. He thought it would just leave thousands of fisheyes in the paint. We will see how this turns out is a few days. I believe my cars paint if "Rucked up" for good.
sue them
Old 7/28/13, 06:10 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Won't know the name of them yet but since 18 cars are involved I am sure I will know in a few days. I am pretty sure it is a local firm.

Ouch Scottie that sounds like bad news. Get a estimate from a good Body shop and hand it in, along with the business card of your Lawyer.
Old 7/29/13, 03:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
Ouch Scottie that sounds like bad news. Get a estimate from a good Body shop and hand it in, along with the business card of your Lawyer.

I am taking the car to work today to show them what the deal is and headed to my body shop after work to get his opinion and estimate.
Old 7/29/13, 05:20 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That stinks!
Old 7/30/13, 02:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Well the car heads to the body shop on the 19th for a wet sand with 2000 grit. The guy at the body shop says it won't remove any of the clear coat but will make it as smooth as a babies butt. Better then it came out of the factory. It is a one day job because of it being a vert. $350.00. Still sucks though.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread