Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/23/13, 03:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey Darrell,
Give us some Mustang talk. Other then you we are all losers in the Mustang world I guess........ Looks like I am going to keep my car. It seems to scare most normal folks.
Old 5/24/13, 05:27 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey Darrell,
Give us some Mustang talk. Other then you we are all losers in the Mustang world I guess........ Looks like I am going to keep my car. It seems to scare most normal folks.
Not Losers just misdirected. Take that Mustang out this weekend with the wife and put the top down and enjoy.

Things in my life:

Placed 3 out of 4 last weekend in my class at the SCCA Autocross. Lots of fun.
Got my Mom home after being in the Hospital and rehab since Feb. 14th
Both daughters cancer is in remission
While cutting down some bushes I stepped back into the stumps and needed 4 stitches to close the cut, wife pulled a big chuck of wood out before we went to the ER, she about passed out.
My driving school was cancel due to lack of drivers.????
I'm on vacation this week
Fexex finally paid up for their crappe delivery service.
Enjoying life.
Old 5/24/13, 05:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
Not Losers just misdirected. Take that Mustang out this weekend with the wife and put the top down and enjoy.

Things in my life:

Placed 3 out of 4 last weekend in my class at the SCCA Autocross. Lots of fun.
Got my Mom home after being in the Hospital and rehab since Feb. 14th
Both daughters cancer is in remission
While cutting down some bushes I stepped back into the stumps and needed 4 stitches to close the cut, wife pulled a big chuck of wood out before we went to the ER, she about passed out.
My driving school was cancel due to lack of drivers.????
I'm on vacation this week
Fexex finally paid up for their crappe delivery service.
Enjoying life.

Maybe I will wait until next weekend to take that ride with the top down. It is 43 degrees here now and only supposed to get to 61 today. Great to hear about your Mom and daugthers. Ouch!!! on that big splinter and stitches. I am on vacation this week and next. Starting my new job on the 3rd of June. I left the production stamping world and am getting back into the fabrication world again. I have known these guys for over 30 years. We all worked together back in the 80's at an aerospace company. Here is were I am going. I am going to be over their engineering dept. http://arctechfabricating.com/
Old 5/24/13, 05:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Hey Darrell sounds like mostly good news.

Hey Scott, I've got some Mustang talk for you! Last Sunday I finally replaced the fuel pump (and fuel filter too) on my Fox. Was pretty easy overall, no rusted bolts etc. and for a 21 year old car it was pretty quick.

I set out to replace the pump because it was only working intermittently. To my surprise what I found was one of the wires going to the pump was pinched in between the metal holding brackets and the insulation was worn through. You could see where the bare wire was occasionally making contact with the holding bracket and shorting out. Had been this way from the factory as the tank had never been dropped and it was still the factory fuel pump from '92!

Anyway with the new pump and filter installed the car runs SO much smoother, I could notice it immediately. Even drove it to work today, in 45 degree weather! Top that!!
Old 5/24/13, 06:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Hey Darrell sounds like mostly good news.

Hey Scott, I've got some Mustang talk for you! Last Sunday I finally replaced the fuel pump (and fuel filter too) on my Fox. Was pretty easy overall, no rusted bolts etc. and for a 21 year old car it was pretty quick.

I set out to replace the pump because it was only working intermittently. To my surprise what I found was one of the wires going to the pump was pinched in between the metal holding brackets and the insulation was worn through. You could see where the bare wire was occasionally making contact with the holding bracket and shorting out. Had been this way from the factory as the tank had never been dropped and it was still the factory fuel pump from '92!

Anyway with the new pump and filter installed the car runs SO much smoother, I could notice it immediately. Even drove it to work today, in 45 degree weather! Top that!!

Tell me you didn't drive in with the top down.
Old 5/24/13, 07:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 783 Likes on 572 Posts
Good stuff DLY, Scott glad your keeping the car I know its something you will enjoy for a long time, Tom you go man.

Here's my splinter story.
I was doing a little bathroom add on and bent over and hit my rear end on a 2x4 causing a 2inch splinter to imbed itself in my butt cheek. I handed the wife a razor blade and asked her to cut that puppy out, she refused and took me to the e room. 6 stiches later the doc said good thing she didn't try to dig it out. it was a fun day..

car news my check engine light is still on. I have o check the injectors to see if one is hanging up, after that I don't really know what to check. I have replaced the 02 sensor but the light came back on within 60 miles or so.
Old 5/24/13, 07:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Ha no I didn't, I had the top up not down.

OK let's be honest I had the heater on low too.....
Old 5/24/13, 12:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
Good stuff DLY, Scott glad your keeping the car I know its something you will enjoy for a long time, Tom you go man.

Here's my splinter story.
I was doing a little bathroom add on and bent over and hit my rear end on a 2x4 causing a 2inch splinter to imbed itself in my butt cheek. I handed the wife a razor blade and asked her to cut that puppy out, she refused and took me to the e room. 6 stiches later the doc said good thing she didn't try to dig it out. it was a fun day..

car news my check engine light is still on. I have o check the injectors to see if one is hanging up, after that I don't really know what to check. I have replaced the 02 sensor but the light came back on within 60 miles or so.

OK since we are making things stuck in the butt confessions A couple of years ago I was tearing out an old work bench in the garage so I could build a new one. I was down on my knees tearing out the lower boards and I decided to sit down and rest for a second. Except I sat down on a nail sticking out of a board. Right in the center of the left butt cheek. When I stood up the board came with me. I had to pull it out. Went to the hospital to get it checked out. Boy the nurses had fun with that one. I look before I sit now.
Old 5/24/13, 12:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ha no I didn't, I had the top up not down.

OK let's be honest I had the heater on low too.....
Just don't ever turn into one of those guys you see driving down the road with the top down but all of the windows rolled up............
Old 5/25/13, 10:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
OK since we are making things stuck in the butt confessions A couple of years ago I was tearing out an old work bench in the garage so I could build a new one. I was down on my knees tearing out the lower boards and I decided to sit down and rest for a second. Except I sat down on a nail sticking out of a board. Right in the center of the left butt cheek. When I stood up the board came with me. I had to pull it out. Went to the hospital to get it checked out. Boy the nurses had fun with that one. I look before I sit now.
youch
Old 5/31/13, 05:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

FRIDAY FRIDAY FFFFFRRRRRRIIIIIIIDDDDDDDAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!
Old 5/31/13, 08:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

oh heck yea and Vegas on Monday wooooohooooooo ho's
Old 5/31/13, 04:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Have fun Glenn!
Old 6/2/13, 05:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Spent three hours on the bike then an Indians game, then two more hours on the bike hitting three beer and bourbon joints. Great day!
Old 6/2/13, 07:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

so did you drink then get on and ride said bike?
Old 6/3/13, 11:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Glenn have you won the big money yet?
Old 6/3/13, 05:04 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Spent three hours on the bike then an Indians game, then two more hours on the bike hitting three beer and bourbon joints. Great day!

A Murray 10 speed bike??
Old 6/4/13, 04:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Boy this place gets quiet come summertime.
Old 6/5/13, 06:20 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Finally got my car out of the barn over the weekend!
Attached Thumbnails Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-image-528016115.jpg  
Old 6/5/13, 07:08 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread