Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/08, 11:03 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dly
Man looking over Tom's Shopping list for next week....... He either hit the lottery or robbed a Bank....

Saleen/Brenspeed's Stage 4 Kit
Saleen Water Pump Pulley
Saleen's Heat Exchanger Intercooler
10% OverDrive Crank Balancer
Brenspeed's Custom Tune and Dyno Time

D@mn man what did you buy the wife to get her to agree to all that?????

Oh ya what is the thread size on the Spark plugs.... I got an idea
Thats the fringe for being brenspeeds front man!....
Old 1/31/08, 11:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Hey guys- tomorrow is February 1st..... is it too early to plan a spring 'Stangstock??

STD, will you attend this year, or puss out again?
Old 1/31/08, 11:48 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have some vacation time the first two weeks of May and would love to take a road trip in the 'stang. I can just smell the burning rubber now.

I do think it is a bit early to plan anything yet though. The weather has been brutal this winter.
Old 1/31/08, 12:05 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Weekend of June 20 is the MCA's Regional meet in Scott's backyard in Ohio. Lots of Mustangs and shows. I'm trying to talk the wife into it.

By the way what did you guys say the thread size was on our Spark Plugs??
Old 1/31/08, 01:09 PM
Banned

modified factory shifters

Hi Gentlemen, and you too Scott,
I was wondering if any of you guys have any knowledge of Saleens that have a modified factory shifter that uses some kind of adapter block to shorten the throw of the shifter. This block apparently extends deep into the tunnel causing a potential clearance problem with the driveshaft, especially an aftermarket driveshaft. Is this something any of you have heard about?
Robert
Old 1/31/08, 01:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by shaftmasters
I was wondering if any of you guys have any knowledge of Saleens that have a modified factory shifter that uses some kind of adapter block to shorten the throw of the shifter. This block apparently extends deep into the tunnel causing a potential clearance problem with the driveshaft, especially an aftermarket driveshaft. Is this something any of you have heard about?
Robert

Robert- yes I have used that piece, but it's been about 2 years ago; well before I installed your 3.5" shaft. I don't think that it is much lower than the MGW shifter; the MGW sits about somewhere between 1/8" and 1/4" away from the rubber boot that is on your 3.5" shaft, just FYI.
Old 1/31/08, 01:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by red454
What do you do that brings you to Indiana?
I work for a tool and die shop that builds dies for the auto and appliance industry. We have customers in Connersville, Hartford City and Richmond area. I am the plant manager and engineering manager. Mostly come over to quote new work and tooling reviews.
Old 1/31/08, 01:33 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Hey guys- tomorrow is February 1st..... is it too early to plan a spring 'Stangstock??

STD, will you attend this year, or puss out again?
Brenspeed's spring Dyno Day may be a good choice?....not as exclusive, but it was fun last year...
Old 1/31/08, 01:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Robert
Hey Robert...I know you must be talking to the other Scott. (STD)
Old 1/31/08, 01:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here is a question for you guys that have been shafted. I know you havn't had them long, but do you feel they are worth it. I'm considering the 3.5" like Tom has, mainly because I'm lowered and I don't want to muck with the pinion flange.
Old 1/31/08, 01:46 PM
Banned

Robert- yes I have used that piece, but it's been about 2 years ago; well before I installed your 3.5" shaft. I don't think that it is much lower than the MGW shifter; the MGW sits about somewhere between 1/8" and 1/4" away from the rubber boot that is on your 3.5" shaft, just FYI.
Hi Tom,
We recently sold one of our 3.5 inch shafts to a garage in Hawaii. Their customer has a '05 Saleen. The shop owner called yesterday and said this shifter block was hitting the boot. The customer told him to remove the block returning the shifter to stock throw. After doing so there was no clearance issue. I'm just wondering how many stang owners are using this block. We spoke today with a guy we know who works at Saleen. He told us that you have to be careful to get this block all the way on or it will even hit a OEM driveshaft.
Robert
Old 1/31/08, 02:41 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dly
Man looking over Tom's Shopping list for next week....... He either hit the lottery or robbed a Bank....

Saleen/Brenspeed's Stage 4 Kit
Saleen Water Pump Pulley
Saleen's Heat Exchanger Intercooler
10% OverDrive Crank Balancer
Brenspeed's Custom Tune and Dyno Time

D@mn man what did you buy the wife to get her to agree to all that?????

Oh ya what is the thread size on the Spark plugs.... I got an idea

Forgot to put the new Hood on the shopping list as Tom's old has a big hole in it.
Old 1/31/08, 02:42 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Maybe He'll try the Saleen shaker...
Old 1/31/08, 03:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hi Tom,
We recently sold one of our 3.5 inch shafts to a garage in Hawaii. Their customer has a '05 Saleen. The shop owner called yesterday and said this shifter block was hitting the boot. The customer told him to remove the block returning the shifter to stock throw. After doing so there was no clearance issue. I'm just wondering how many stang owners are using this block. We spoke today with a guy we know who works at Saleen. He told us that you have to be careful to get this block all the way on or it will even hit a OEM driveshaft.
Robert
Wow, I guess that answers that!

Originally Posted by dly
Quote:
Originally Posted by dly
Man looking over Tom's Shopping list for next week.......

Forgot to put the new Hood on the shopping list as Tom's old has a big hole in it.
Can't decide what I want to do...... I have a '07 hood at my disposal I can put on next week; or I can keep mine and somehow try to make the shaker work but that Saleen blower sits soooo high up.

Originally Posted by codeman94
Maybe He'll try the Saleen shaker...
Tried to, but they're not available..........

Yet.
Old 1/31/08, 04:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Wow, I guess that answers that!

Can't decide what I want to do...... I have a '07 hood at my disposal I can put on next week; or I can keep mine and somehow try to make the shaker work but that Saleen blower sits soooo high up.

Tried to, but they're not available..........

Yet.

Send me those Prothanes motor mounts. I can take 1/2 or 3/4 inch off of them to lower the engine down. I don't know how much room you need. You are making it sound like you don't really have a solid plan on the blower deal. What's up Grasshopper?
Scott
Old 1/31/08, 04:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
Here is a question for you guys that have been shafted. I know you havn't had them long, but do you feel they are worth it. I'm considering the 3.5" like Tom has, mainly because I'm lowered and I don't want to muck with the pinion flange.

Hey Ben,
I will try to answer this for you. I did several mods at the same time so it is hard to tell which mod did what. I installed my Spydershaft and longtubes and Prothanes at the same time. Something has made the car quicker off the line and accelerate quicker. It is easy to feel. Larry (Airecare84) said he thought his longtubes added torque down low. I am not sure I believe that is true because the longtubes should really help at the top end. So I am going to say what I am feeling is due to the lighter driveshaft. I think no matter what brand you chose it will a worth while mod!!
Scott
Old 1/31/08, 04:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Send me those Prothanes motor mounts. I can take 1/2 or 3/4 inch off of them to lower the engine down. I don't know how much room you need.
Scott

I may take you up on that........ we'll see.

And Ben I agree about the driveshaft. I was very skeptical at first, but after hearing so many testimonies I decided to try it myself- it's a good mod.

Well guys I just went out to the garage and installed the relay to do the "automatic traction control system off" mod...... so when you start the car, it pulses the TCS off automatically. You can then turn it back on again by pushing the button in the dash...... pretty cool for a $4 mod.
Old 1/31/08, 04:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I may take you up on that........ we'll see.

And Ben I agree about the driveshaft. I was very skeptical at first, but after hearing so many testimonies I decided to try it myself- it's a good mod.

Well guys I just went out to the garage and installed the relay to do the "automatic traction control system off" mod...... so when you start the car, it pulses the TCS off automatically. You can then turn it back on again by pushing the button in the dash...... pretty cool for a $4 mod.

$4 dollar mod on the TC. I obvisiously have not been following something or some thread. Help me out here!
Old 1/31/08, 04:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Read here pops:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...control+system
Old 1/31/08, 05:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks I have seen that thread but did not follow it.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread