Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/11, 08:48 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by red454
Thanks - do the little studs sticking out have threads on them, or are they just for body diameter? Hard to tell from the pictures...
They are not threaded. But the studs are multileveled I guess you could say. On each stud a coarse thread of that size will fit down over the top half while a fine thread will fit all the way down on it. If that makes sense. Plus there are raised threads for matching a bolts threads on the face of it.

Hope that helps.
Old 3/3/11, 10:17 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks - do the little studs sticking out have threads on them, or are they just for body diameter? Hard to tell from the pictures...
I need to organize my nuts. Big ones, little ones. Clean ones, dirty ones.

I have seen one of those flat boards with all sizes of studs and tapped holes that you can use to sort your nuts. And bolts. Can't remember what they are called or where you get them...
Dude those dont sound right at all. I had to keep from laughing out loud when I read them. I was thinking of something else.

Scott I am saddened by the news of you selling your baby. I dont know if I would be able to do it. I know if I had the money I would get it and keep it looking as good as it does now. Anywasy good luck with the sale.
Old 3/3/11, 03:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
do you have it listed other places also?

NO not yet. Waiting on the weather to get better. I have contacted these people http://www.mershons.com/ because they 15 miles away and very well respected for their classic cars. I will contact the people I bought the car from http://www.karmustang.com/home.php in a week or two. I will list it with some car trader mags soon. I really hate the Ebay route. Just need to find the right person is all. I'd really like to sell it to someone I know would appreciate it like I have. But I understand it's alot of money to just have sitting around. It has lots of interest but not from anyone that has any money. I will get really serious about advertising it in a month or so.

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 3/3/11 at 03:22 PM.
Old 3/4/11, 02:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Scott.....first of all, it's kinda painful to see you sell your ride, it's an absolutely beautiful Stang. However, if you're definitely selling it and want it to go to someone that would appreciate it, there are probably a few options for listing it here in Metro Detroit as well. One of which might be the Mustang Owners Club of South East Michigan (MOCSEM). I think we're only a couple hours North from where you are, so might be an option.

Anyways, like I said, hate to see you sell it, but wanted to toss the idea out there in case it helped.
Old 3/5/11, 05:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 783 Likes on 572 Posts
awesome good idea

Last edited by Glenn; 3/6/11 at 06:32 AM.
Old 3/5/11, 09:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for the tip. I will check them out. Like I said I will get more serious after the weather gets better. No test drives on anything less than a perfect day. That will **** some people off I'm sure.

Originally Posted by UMich97
Hey Scott.....first of all, it's kinda painful to see you sell your ride, it's an absolutely beautiful Stang. However, if you're definitely selling it and want it to go to someone that would appreciate it, there are probably a few options for listing it here in Metro Detroit as well. One of which might be the Mustang Owners Club of South East Michigan (MOCSEM). I think we're only a couple hours North from where you are, so might be an option.

Anyways, like I said, hate to see you sell it, but wanted to toss the idea out there in case it helped.
Old 3/5/11, 09:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
No test drives on anything less than a perfect day. That will **** some people off I'm sure.
IMO...Not if they really appreciate the car.
Old 3/5/11, 11:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by UMich97
IMO...Not if they really appreciate the car.
Good Point!
Old 3/5/11, 11:44 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I will check them out. Like I said I will get more serious after the weather gets better. No test drives on anything less than a perfect day. That will **** some people off I'm sure.
Test drives! I'd give them a test drive after or only after a deposit or something.

Nobody's gonna test drive my R when I sell it and I wouldn't think I'd be test driving a '70 Mach 1 unless I really, really knew the owner and he trusted me like his own son. Obviously you are in the car, but you're still not in control.
Old 3/6/11, 03:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Test drives! I'd give them a test drive after or only after a deposit or something.

Nobody's gonna test drive my R when I sell it and I wouldn't think I'd be test driving a '70 Mach 1 unless I really, really knew the owner and he trusted me like his own son. Obviously you are in the car, but you're still not in control.

You are absolutely right Gary. Test drives will be rare for sure. Only when I am really convinced I have a serious buyer will that happen. But I am sure people will ask.
Old 3/6/11, 09:07 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Hey Scott can I test drive it??
Old 3/6/11, 10:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Hey Scott can I test drive it??
Sure Dirk. Just put up a $37,000 non refundable deposit and you can drive her all you want. You like green cars anyway.... right. Maybe your just coming to Ohio to pick up the wrong car.
Old 3/6/11, 06:36 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Sure Dirk. Just put up a $37,000 non refundable deposit and you can drive her all you want. You like green cars anyway.... right. Maybe your just coming to Ohio to pick up the wrong car.
Trust me Scott if I had the money for it right now I would tell you that it is already sold. I wish I could get it to be honest. But right now other things are a little more important
Old 3/7/11, 05:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Trust me Scott if I had the money for it right now I would tell you that it is already sold. I wish I could get it to be honest. But right now other things are a little more important
Just poking fun Dirk....Looking forward to meeting you and the wifey in a few weeks!!!! But I will start her for you and let you listen to her at the very least.
Old 3/8/11, 10:52 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Just poking fun Dirk....Looking forward to meeting you and the wifey in a few weeks!!!! But I will start her for you and let you listen to her at the very least.
The sad thing is the wifey wont be coming with me. She is going to be having surgury in the near future and so she wont be able to go.

Also I know you were just poking fun. I try not to sound so serious on here.

Last edited by BoogieNights; 3/8/11 at 10:56 AM.
Old 3/8/11, 11:31 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
trade straight up for my '65?
Old 3/8/11, 04:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The sad thing is the wifey wont be coming with me. She is going to be having surgury in the near future and so she wont be able to go.

Wow Dirk...hope it's just something simple with you wife's surgery. Very routine I hope. Still looking forward to meeting you if your up for it.

Originally Posted by codeman94
trade straight up for my '65?
Owned a 65 Vert for 5 years. Nice cars for sure. But gotta say "NO WAY CODAYYY" on the trade. But I am willing to send you a bottle of 1970 Mach 1 exhaust gas of your very own. Of course at a small fee...
Old 3/8/11, 05:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
That could be a new cologne!
Old 3/8/11, 05:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
That could be a new cologne!

Ha ha ha...Yeah well you can wear it. Compared to the new cars with cats. It really stinks. But it may do you justice.
Old 3/9/11, 02:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Dirk. Looks like my wifey is going to have some surgery soon also. She has had carpule tunnel in her hands really bad the past few years. She is going to have the right hand done the first week in April. They say it is only a 10 minute surgery. Maybe she will be able to pick up 200 lbs like expect her too afterward.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread