Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by dly
Well if you run open headers ,I bet you won't even hear it

hahahahahhaa
Old 1/6/08, 08:52 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
System Is Now Sold To A Member On A Different Forum. Thanks For Looking.

WOOHOOO half way to get Tom shafted
Old 1/6/08, 10:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
System Is Now Sold To A Member On A Different Forum. Thanks For Looking.

WOOHOOO half way to get Tom shafted

hahaha it's funny you say that..... that money in my paypal account is ALREADY burning a hole in my pocket.

My wife goes out of town this Thursday....... I wonder if I can get something delivered on Friday while she's gone.

I'm kinda worried about pinion angle though.... since my rear end is lowered about 1.5" buy my front is not. I don't know how it would respond.
Old 1/6/08, 11:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
hahaha it's funny you say that..... that money in my paypal account is ALREADY burning a hole in my pocket.

My wife goes out of town this Thursday....... I wonder if I can get something delivered on Friday while she's gone.

I'm kinda worried about pinion angle though.... since my rear end is lowered about 1.5" buy my front is not. I don't know how it would respond.

Hmmm...I think I still have Kim's cell phone number from "Stangstock 07" when you were using her cell phone. Just teasin. Hope you get the shaft of your choice soon. I just came in from from straightening up the garage and moving cars back in there proper places. I am now also worried about pinion angle and my car is not lowered. The puddle of rear end lube under the stang is probably not a good sign. But my little brain is working over time "in mod mode". Maybe I screwed up my stock gears and they will have to be replaced with new ones. Now what ratio would I go with?
Scott
Old 1/6/08, 12:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hmmm...I think I still have Kim's cell phone number from "Stangstock 07" when you were using her cell phone. Just teasin. Hope you get the shaft of your choice soon. I just came in from from straightening up the garage and moving cars back in there proper places. I am now also worried about pinion angle and my car is not lowered. The puddle of rear end lube under the stang is probably not a good sign. But my little brain is working over time "in mod mode". Maybe I screwed up my stock gears and they will have to be replaced with new ones. Now what ratio would I go with?
Scott
Cough cough...... 3.73s cough cough.......
Old 1/6/08, 01:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Cough cough...... 3.73s cough cough.......

Your reading my mind!!
Old 1/6/08, 01:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your reading my mind!!
from everything I've read, 3.73 gears are a good match for the Automatic!...So Scott are you resorting now to scamming your wife under the guise of damaged parts to continue your modding addiction!.... Whats next!......Gee dear I damaged my throttle body since I got to replace it I might as well install a super charger!.....Hey if this works let me know thats the one angle I haven't tried yet!........
Old 1/6/08, 02:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
from everything I've read, 3.73 gears are a good match for the Automatic!...So Scott are you resorting now to scamming your wife under the guise of damaged parts to continue your modding addiction!.... Whats next!......Gee dear I damaged my throttle body since I got to replace it I might as well install a super charger!.....Hey if this works let me know thats the one angle I haven't tried yet!........
Uhhhh.......No??? I think is the right answer.
Old 1/6/08, 02:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Scott
Scott,
You had some rear axle fluid under the car today?
If so, I'd suggest you pull that shaft back off & look @ that rear pinion area closely. I'm betting the pinion flange is not seated fully,especially if you've got a leak there.
Old 1/6/08, 02:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
Scott,
You had some rear axle fluid under the car today?
If so, I'd suggest you pull that shaft back off & look @ that rear pinion area closely. I'm betting the pinion flange is not seated fully,especially if you've got a leak there.

Hey Larry,
I have been waiting for you to chime in. Yeah there was a pretty good puddle there this morning. I am also convinced that I do not have the pinion flange seated properly. However, I have something loaded to 150 ft/lbs of torque. I don't think I should just start tightening things down without any point of reference. I laid awake half of last nite thinking about this. What I have decided to do is have the car towed to my mechanic buds that did the new rear end gear on my 96 Cobra and have them take it apart and figure out what's wrong. They are good and I trust them. I still have not heard anything back from Spyder7724 yet but I am going to try and get a new flange from him. You know how far we drove yesterday so I could not have done much damage. I am really hoping to get a new crush collar, pinion nut and seal kit and let them start from scratch. That is the safest thing to do I think. And if I messed up the gears... I will put back in a 3:73 set.
Scott

P. S. Did it help moving your engine over yesterday as far as the steering linkage rub goes??
Old 1/6/08, 04:04 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Just use a bigger MFH.!!!!!!!!!
Old 1/6/08, 04:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
Well when I put it on I used a BMF'n pipe and that didn't help!!!!!!
Old 1/6/08, 07:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
Well when I put it on I used a BMF'n pipe and that didn't help!!!!!!

BMF'f pipe...... bigger MFH........
Old 1/6/08, 07:42 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

BMF'f pipe...... bigger MFH........

Remember rightie tightee, leftee lousiee
Old 1/6/08, 07:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Man I can't wait until we can all get together.... dudes crack my up. I'd really like to let you buy me a beer sometime...... or uh wait, I mean I'd like to buy you all a beer sometime- yeah yeah, that's it...
Old 1/6/08, 08:39 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Scott,
Good luck with that rear end,hope your guy can figure it out.
I'd not noticed the rub anymore on the steering shaft & had some nice twisty roads on the way home. I'll know for sure tomorrow after work when I hit my exit ramp @ 70 or so
Old 1/7/08, 05:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Boy....... something tells me this is NOT the first time that Scott has had a leaky rear-end.......

Old 1/7/08, 06:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Boy....... something tells me this is NOT the first time that Scott has had a leaky rear-end.......

Finally heard from Spyder7724 last nite. He thinks it is the locktite that Ford uses that is causing the force required I am experiencing. He is promoting me getting a 500 ft/lb. impact wrench and give it a few shots. I'm not buying it. I am very concerned about screwing up the crush collar and bearing preload. I am trying to get a new flange from him and I will take it to my gear guys to make sure it is done correctly.
Scott
Old 1/7/08, 06:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

A 500 lb/ft wrench???
Old 1/7/08, 07:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
Scott,
Good luck with that rear end,hope your guy can figure it out.
I'd not noticed the rub anymore on the steering shaft & had some nice twisty roads on the way home. I'll know for sure tomorrow after work when I hit my exit ramp @ 70 or so

Hey Larry,
On a different subject. You know how we were wondering if Brenspeed updated their tunes when you add longtubes? Well I call this morning and talked with Dave and he said they only turn the rear O2 sensors off. They make now A/F adjustments at all. Thought you would want to know.
Scott

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread