Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/08, 11:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
If her cubby butt would compress your rear springs 2 inches that would equal 5.88 degrees by my calculations.
Thank god for stiff saleen springs, bump stops and that pinion snubber ! because the angle of the shaft itself is at 3.9 degrees . Going by your calculations you had better not have any big girls riding in your Vert back seat either because I'm only 3/8 of an inch lower than you are at your Vert factory ride hight...

Last edited by blkstang06; 4/4/08 at 12:13 PM.
Old 4/4/08, 12:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
Thank god for stiff saleen springs, bump stops and that pinion snubber ! because the angle of the shaft itself is at 3.9 degrees . Going by your calculations you had better not have any big girls riding in your Vert back seat either because I'm only 3/8 of an inch lower than you are at your Vert factory ride hight...

Now you understand the importance of bump stops and pinion snubbers. It is to stop that driveshaft from going thru your butt during big suspension travels.
Old 4/4/08, 12:30 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Now you understand the importance of bump stops and pinion snubbers. It is to stop that driveshaft from going thru your butt during big suspension travels.
OK, that did it I'm giving Oprah your address... Gee, Scott I might have already realized that, considering I had to explain what the pinion stubber was to YOU when I posted the pic of the J&M UCA....
Old 4/4/08, 12:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

OK, that did it I'm giving Oprah your address... Gee, Scott I might have already realized that, considering I had to explain what the pinion stubber was to YOU when I posted the pic of the J&M UCA....
What... I'm not fighting with you. I am agreeing with you. Get you butt in your car and test ride that new shaft. We expect a full report soon.
Old 4/4/08, 01:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

What... I'm not fighting with you. I am agreeing with you. Get you butt in your car and test ride that new shaft. We expect a full report soon.
I know I'm just feeling feisty...I've already given Shaftmaster's my technical shake down report. I might as well tell you too !.... I've had the Stang out two times today. the first was my shake down run , I was only able to take it to 90 mph because I never took it out of town but I have no noticeable vibration, in fact drive line is quiter.... quicker acceleration, revs faster and the chick at the Taco bell drive up made a comment about the 4'' girth she got all weak in the knee's... I'm going to put it up on stands tomorrow and look everything over again...
Old 4/4/08, 01:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I'm just feeling feisty...I've already given Shaftmaster's my technical shake down report. I might as well tell you too !.... I've had the Stang out two times today. the first was my shake down run , I was only able to take it to 90 mph because I never took it out of town but I have no noticeable vibration, in fact drive line is quiter.... quicker acceleration, revs faster and the chick at the Taco bell drive up made a comment about the 4'' girth she got all weak in the knee's... I'm going to put it up on stands tomorrow and look everything over again...
Scott,
If it ever does start to vibrate, that girl at the Taco Bell might like to straddle your shaft and enjoy that vibrating!
Old 4/4/08, 02:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
hahahaa

oops, forgot: it is now officially beer :30.
Old 4/4/08, 02:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Glad to hear your first test drives were a success. If you really ever want to drive that Taco Bell gal wild some day let me know. If you send me your driveshaft adapter so I can copy it I will make you one with the driveshaft offset about 1/8 inch. Should drive the gals wide!!!

On a different note. With my futher communications with Dave @ Brenspeed about what he thought my next mod should be (gears or converter) Here was his response today.

I would go with the converter. It is tough to explain but with these new 5 speed automatics we have seen very little “performance” increase with the gears. We have tried several and in some cases the cars feel a little quicker but the time slips prove otherwise. We have seen some slight improvement initially with the converters but we only started to experiment with them very late last season. I expect some very significant improvements as this racing season gets nearer.

So I am back up on that **** fence again. I am still looking for additional guidance.

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 4/4/08 at 02:54 PM.
Old 4/4/08, 03:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
hahahaa

oops, forgot: it is now officially beer :30.
Slow poke!! I left at 2:30 today. Someone is stealing beers out this new 12 pack again. They are disappearing awefully quick!!
Old 4/4/08, 03:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Additional guidance? Just do the **** converter! Changing the converter is the single biggest difference besides nitrous/blower that you can make on an auto car- you know this.
Old 4/4/08, 03:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi Scott
Hello all
Been stopping in & keeping up with you all, been busy here.

Cody, Congrats on your sale

Ben, Hows the new job been?

Got my updated tune from Brent today for the delete plates, hoping I'll find the time to install this weekend. Have quite a full plate for the weekend already.I've been doing serious spring cleaning around here. Have a bridal shower here next Sat & 22 days until my first kid gets married. Got alot of relatives, etc. coming in.
Hard to squeeze in time for the ride.
Discovered while I was away, I had a pass. side water leak. Never had an issue before. I'm going to pull the pass. side inner fender well & seal that problem grommet up. Local dealer only has a 'water leak' guy in every other Tuesday. I'm sure I can fix it quicker than messing with the dealer. Scheduled to go in next Wed. to get the Pass. airbag recall done.I'll have to make sure they don't update the PCM while it's in.

O.K., thats about my weeks worth of rambleing
Old 4/4/08, 03:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Larry- a water leak?

Please do yourself a favor and research the dreaded water leak TSB. This potentially can be a BIG problem! I hope your's isn't what the TSB is for, but would rather you be safe than sorry.
Old 4/4/08, 03:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Additional guidance? Just do the **** converter! Changing the converter is the single biggest difference besides nitrous/blower that you can make on an auto car- you know this.

Maybe I should just buy some new mufflers (Magnaflows)
Old 4/4/08, 03:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Maybe I should just buy some new mufflers (Magnaflows)

I'll lone ya my Borlas.
Old 4/4/08, 03:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Darrell- come out, come out where ever you are......

Brent and the guys are planning on going to Osceola on Sunday. I am hoping to make it there with my new drag tires. You should come out and play with that show car of yours.
Old 4/4/08, 03:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
Hi Scott
Hello all
Been stopping in & keeping up with you all, been busy here.

Cody, Congrats on your sale

Ben, Hows the new job been?

Got my updated tune from Brent today for the delete plates, hoping I'll find the time to install this weekend. Have quite a full plate for the weekend already.I've been doing serious spring cleaning around here. Have a bridal shower here next Sat & 22 days until my first kid gets married. Got alot of relatives, etc. coming in.
Hard to squeeze in time for the ride.
Discovered while I was away, I had a pass. side water leak. Never had an issue before. I'm going to pull the pass. side inner fender well & seal that problem grommet up. Local dealer only has a 'water leak' guy in every other Tuesday. I'm sure I can fix it quicker than messing with the dealer. Scheduled to go in next Wed. to get the Pass. airbag recall done.I'll have to make sure they don't update the PCM while it's in.

O.K., thats about my weeks worth of rambleing

Hey Larry,
Glad you had time to post. Is the water leak getting your carpet wet?? How do you like the sound of your longtubes and those GTA's now that you have had a little more driving time with that setup??
Scott
Old 4/4/08, 04:04 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Brent and the guys are planning on going to Osceola on Sunday. I am hoping to make it there with my new drag tires. You should come out and play with that show car of yours.
The weather is suposed to be Super nice...good luck!
Old 4/4/08, 04:30 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

What time? I been double buzy with my daughters Bridal Shower for tomorrow.
Old 4/4/08, 06:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by codeman94
The weather is suposed to be Super nice...good luck!
Originally Posted by dly
What time? I been double buzy with my daughters Bridal Shower for tomorrow.

Hey guys, they plan to be there around 11 or 12 noon I think. I'm not 100% sure if I'll be there but Brenspeed will be for sure.
Old 4/4/08, 06:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys, you dudes go on like a bunch of old women. Surprised you don't have claw marks all over each other.

New job is going pretty well so far.

New Focus is getting 30+ MPG. Info center says 30 avg MPG and the SYNC system is pretty cool too. Got a 2 meg usb drive loaded and plugged into it. Play Artist KISS

Scott you sure do, do some cypherin'.

Gonna clean on the 86 some tomrrow.

Wish I was the one stealing Scott 12 ozers.

The new office is next door to Target Chip Ganassu Indy car racing, checked it on lunch hour today, Andretti Green is right around the corner, gonna go there next week.

I think I hear pepsi and Mr. Jim Beam, calling.

Last edited by Eleanor Dreaming; 4/4/08 at 06:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread