Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/08, 03:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Ah Robert, you should come around more often- if not for anything other than to give OLD INDIAN DUDE a hard time....
Tom,
David and I want to thank you once again for your support. Without you and Leo we would be feeling like the Maytag repairman. Awful lonely! Did you see the faithful on the other forum ripping us a new a-hole once again. We feel like Rodney Dangerfield. No respect man.
Old 4/2/08, 03:54 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Oprah jokes now?..no one is safe tonight!
Old 4/2/08, 04:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by shaftmasters
Scott,
You might not want to know because it differs with what you thought it would be based on the amount that you said the angle would change when lowered one inch. Maybe STD measured the angles with Oprah's weight in the back seat and this threw it off considerably.LOL!
Robert

Well Robert...I have broad shoulders and can admit when I am wrong but are you sure you can rely on STD reading a protactor correctly and knowing what is positive or negative?? And I am sure he did not put his stock springs back in the rear end to get a before reading. (Sorry Scott) Just post your evidence in picture form preferably so I can see. I have seen nothing to prove my numbers wrong up to now. My math calculations are sound. And I still stand by what I said would happen to the pinion angle when you go from stock height and lower one of these cars. It will rotate down. It is still in your court to prove me wrong. So me the money!!!!
Scott
Old 4/2/08, 04:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Well Robert...I have broad shoulders and can admit when I am wrong but are you sure you can rely on STD reading a protactor correctly and knowing what is positive or negative?? And I am sure he did not put his stock springs back in the rear end to get a before reading. (Sorry Scott) Just post your evidence in picture form preferably so I can see. I have seen nothing to prove my numbers wrong up to now. My math calculations are sound. And I still stand by what I said would happen to the pinion angle when you go from stock height and lower one of these cars. It will rotate down. It is still in your court to prove me wrong. So me the money!!!!
Scott
Scott, Since they are STD's numbers I'll leave it up to him if he wants to divulge them or not.
Old 4/2/08, 04:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Scott, Since they are STD's numbers I'll leave it up to him if he wants to divulge them or not.

Uh Huh! I think this proves .....
Old 4/2/08, 04:45 PM

settle down old man...I think you are growing pretty impatient in your age...
Old 4/2/08, 04:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Tom,
David and I want to thank you once again for your support. Without you and Leo we would be feeling like the Maytag repairman. Awful lonely! Did you see the faithful on the other forum ripping us a new a-hole once again. We feel like Rodney Dangerfield. No respect man.
It's kinda an odd community over there.... I'll go look and see what I find.

Originally Posted by codeman94
hahhaa Cody is feeling better after getting that house sold!
Old 4/2/08, 05:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by codeman94

Your feeling spunky tonight. Good for you!!!!
Scott
Old 4/2/08, 05:17 PM
Banned

It's kinda an odd community over there.... I'll go look and see what I find.

hahhaa Cody is feeling better after getting that house sold!
Great news Cody! Hope you like your new house. Tom, I don't let them guys bother me really, I just consider the source.
Old 4/2/08, 05:38 PM

I actually feel horible....I think I'm comming down with the flu....but i still have wits!
Old 4/2/08, 06:07 PM
Banned

Uh Huh! I think this proves .....
Scott,
When I get all my ducks in a row I am planning on doing a write-up on aluminum driveshafts for all to see. It will list my thoughts on suggested angles, problems with NVH caused by certain suspension mods and the announcement of a new project David and I am working on. We want to make sure that it is well thought out so the faithful on another forum who spill over onto other forums don't tear us a new a-hole on any of the info and opinions we put out in this write-up. Maybe I'll let you guys preview it first and get your input.
Robert
Old 4/2/08, 06:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Scott,
When I get all my ducks in a row I am planning on doing a write-up on aluminum driveshafts for all to see. It will list my thoughts on suggested angles, problems with NVH caused by certain suspension mods and the announcement of a new project David and I am working on. We want to make sure that it is well thought out so the faithful on another forum who spill over onto other forums don't tear us a new a-hole on any of the info and opinions we put out in this write-up. Maybe I'll let you guys preview it first and get your input.
Robert

Robert,
I am glad you made this post Robert!! Anyone in this world that builds something and sells it to the public needs to do all the proper engineering work that relates to the product they sell. Whether it is ice cream that Tom sells or tooling I sell or hospital stuff that STD sells. You and David should not rely and all of the internet BS out there about your product....You need to do your own research and development to prove that your product does what you claim. This is not a bash... but a simple way of doing business today. It really doesn't matter what the other guy ( your competition) says or does. It's about what you and David say and do about your company. My suggestion is don't go out on the E' net to see how your product is doing. Just do your homework and make sure it is right and you guys will do fine. I wish you and David the best!!!
Scott
Old 4/2/08, 06:30 PM

Tom sells ice cream?..I have a feeling i'm walking into one here....
Old 4/2/08, 06:30 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scott
Ok , Scott I realize your a big time tool and die maker and internationally renown sheep rancher... and yes its true I went to school on a sports scholarship but that doesn't mean I cant read a protractor.... heres the scoop ! about a week ago Shaftmaster's checked the degree of angle on a V6 Stang unaltered with a OEM 1 piece drive shaft, their findings where Trans flange down -3.6 degrees, Pinion flange ever so slightly down from parallel -.3 degrees. With my trusty cheapo Craftsmen magnetic protractor my findings where and this is with out Oprah in the back seat, she's out of town filming another episode of the Big Give ! " by the way thats her nick name for me" but thats another story, anyway readings where Trans flange -4.0 degrees (down) pinion flange slightly down .5 degrees

Last edited by blkstang06; 4/2/08 at 06:37 PM.
Old 4/2/08, 06:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yes Tom does sell ice cream and he is now also wondering WTF the infatuation is with friggin' Oprah?
Old 4/2/08, 06:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Ok , Scott I realize your a big time tool and die maker and internationally renown sheep rancher... and yes its true I went to school on a sports scholarship but that doesn't mean I cant read a protractor.... heres the scoop ! about a week ago Shaftmaster's checked the degree of angle on a V6 Stang unaltered with a OEM 1 piece drive shaft, their findings where Trans flange down -3.6 degrees, Pinion flange ever so slightly down from parallel -.3 degrees. With my trusty cheapo Craftsmen magnetic protractor my findings where and this is with out Oprah in the back seat, she's out of town filming another episode of the Big Give ! " by the way thats her nick name for me" but thats another story, anyway readings where Trans flange -4.0 degrees (down) pinion flange slightly down .5 degrees

Well Scott...I believe your numbers. But if you can't do a before and after (stock springs verses lowering springs) it doesn't prove that much now does it. I should have been born in Missouri...The show me state!!! I am a realitist. Show me the numbers!!!! With all the gum flapping going on between you and Robert it really comes down to a before and after check. I am not trying to be a butthead but we need to have a stock ride height and lower height pinion angle to settle this debate.
Scott

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 4/2/08 at 07:02 PM.
Old 4/2/08, 06:54 PM

Yes Tom does sell ice cream and he is now also wondering WTF the infatuation is with friggin' Oprah?
awsome...what kind?...and why you holdin back?
Old 4/2/08, 07:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Every kind imaginable....... I made this website several years ago for a generic look at what we do:

www.driggsfarms.com
Old 4/2/08, 09:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey ! you ice cream mogul, if you check the threads YOU started the friggin Oprah stuff....Also could you pm me a qoate on two hundred gallons of Rocky Road so I can drowned 70MACH1OWNER in it.

Well Scott...I believe your numbers. But if you can't do a before and after (stock springs verses lowering springs) it doesn't prove that much now does it. I should have been born in Missouri...The show me state!!! I am a realitist. Show me the numbers!!!! With all the gum flapping going on between you and Robert it really comes down to a before and after check. I am not trying to be a butthead but we need to have a stock ride height and lower height pinion angle to settle this debate.
Scott
Scott I'm not trying to prove anybody right or wrong, even you .... and as I told Robert a V6 Stang has a different ride hight than a GT Coupe as a GT Vert has a different ride hight at Factory settings GT Verts and V6's both ride lower than a GT Coupe in the rear, go to any dealer and take a look and this has been talked about in numerous threads. Your right we do need figures from before and after. You must be smokin some good weed if you think I'm going to put my stock springs back on to find out....Heres what I do know Robert and David are two sincere people trying to produce the very best product they can. The fact is Tom and Leo both have lowered Stangs and have not adjusted their pinion angle and from what they have reported have no vibration issues but man there is a lot of conflicting info out there. I've contacted steedagus about there UCA for lowered Stangs that comes in one piece but is shorter by 3/4 of a inch to correct the pinion angle. He said Steeda feels the pinion angle on a lowered Stangs should be around -1 to -2 degrees at the pinion flange and I personally think Steeda is probable one if not the most knowledgeable about Stangs other than Ford ! I talk a lot of smack because having fun is what this mod game is all about but I can promise you and anybody else that reads this post I am perfectly honest about my experiences and findings when it comes to modifying my Mustang .....
Old 4/3/08, 02:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Hey ! you ice cream mogul, if you check the threads YOU started the friggin Oprah stuff....Also could you pm me a qoate on two hundred gallons of Rocky Road so I can drowned 70MACH1OWNER in it.

Scott I'm not trying to prove anybody right or wrong, even you .... and as I told Robert a V6 Stang has a different ride hight than a GT Coupe as a GT Vert has a different ride hight at Factory settings GT Verts and V6's both ride lower than a GT Coupe in the rear, go to any dealer and take a look and this has been talked about in numerous threads. Your right we do need figures from before and after. You must be smokin some good weed if you think I'm going to put my stock springs back on to find out....Heres what I do know Robert and David are two sincere people trying to produce the very best product they can. The fact is Tom and Leo both have lowered Stangs and have not adjusted their pinion angle and from what they have reported have no vibration issues but man there is a lot of conflicting info out there. I've contacted steedagus about there UCA for lowered Stangs that comes in one piece but is shorter by 3/4 of a inch to correct the pinion angle. He said Steeda feels the pinion angle on a lowered Stangs should be around -1 to -2 degrees at the pinion flange and I personally think Steeda is probable one if not the most knowledgeable about Stangs other than Ford ! I talk a lot of smack because having fun is what this mod game is all about but I can promise you and anybody else that reads this post I am perfectly honest about my experiences and findings when it comes to modifying my Mustang .....

Hey Tom,
Do you guys make that ice cream that is like a Reese cup inside ? If I am going to get drown in something that is what I would like to go in.

Scott,
I can tell by all of your posts about the suspensions of these cars and your experiences with all the different brands of springs you have tried that you are very sincere and honest about your experiences. And I know you are trying to make your pinion angle as correct as humanly possible. Or you would not have went to all that work to put in the adjustable UCA. Truth be known the pinion angle can probably be off 4 or 5 degrees either direction and it will not cause a vibration issues. I just hope your happy with your final results and have a vibration free setup. So are you about done with this install yet? I want to hear road test results.
Scott

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread