Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/08, 03:11 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Wow is this site slow today and hard to get on. Well the Headers are on with a leak on the Driver's side. Retighen all the header bolts and I think it's the header to h-pipe connection. Ran out of time so back into the garage it when. I will try to readjust the connection and buy some Ultra Copper Silicone to help make the seal and try again Monday. Any other ideas?????
Old 6/7/08, 03:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by aircare84
Most of us that trim them down do it because we have Shaker scoops installed. With the prothenes, the engine is actually raised 1/4 - 3/8" & it will cause the Shaker to rub on the trim ring on the hood.
Well good info! Since I've got a shaker sitting in my garage I guess I'd better trim down the prothane mounts before I install them and my headers... thanks!
Old 6/7/08, 06:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by dly
Wow is this site slow today and hard to get on. Well the Headers are on with a leak on the Driver's side. Retighen all the header bolts and I think it's the header to h-pipe connection. Ran out of time so back into the garage it when. I will try to readjust the connection and buy some Ultra Copper Silicone to help make the seal and try again Monday. Any other ideas?????
Do you mean the factory H or an off-road H? If it's the off-road, loosen the middle clamp connection and move the leaking side around a tad so that it's seated better to the header. If you having trouble with the factory H, yank it and install an off-road H.

Well there were two tornados in town last night, one of which was spotted within eyesight of our house. We lost 2 big limbs to a couple of our trees, a bunch of shingles, and other slight damage. Overall they never effectively touched down so most of us just had basically high (very high) wind damage.

Spent 5 hours today cleaning/waxing/polishing..... the photographer is driving down from Detroit at 3am and will be here at 6am to begin the photoshoot. He said to be prepared for an all day, sun up to sun down event, so I may or may not post on here again until tomorrow night.
Old 6/7/08, 06:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Tornados around me too. S. Burbs of Chicago got whacked pretty good.
Old 6/7/08, 06:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Do you mean the factory H or an off-road H? If it's the off-road, loosen the middle clamp connection and move the leaking side around a tad so that it's seated better to the header. If you having trouble with the factory H, yank it and install an off-road H.

Well there were two tornados in town last night, one of which was spotted within eyesight of our house. We lost 2 big limbs to a couple of our trees, a bunch of shingles, and other slight damage. Overall they never effectively touched down so most of us just had basically high (very high) wind damage.

Spent 5 hours today cleaning/waxing/polishing..... the photographer is driving down from Detroit at 3am and will be here at 6am to begin the photoshoot. He said to be prepared for an all day, sun up to sun down event, so I may or may not post on here again until tomorrow night.

What Mag is doing the shoot?
Old 6/7/08, 07:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 783 Likes on 572 Posts
YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 6/7/08, 07:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take a few pics for us!

Got my car back today. I will post some pics tomorrow. It looks a little funny without the hood stripes and it will be a week or so until I can put them on. Can't wax it for 60 days. That is going to kill me!

Anyone have a take-off air box laying around that they don't want anymore?
Old 6/8/08, 05:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Morning all...
Old 6/8/08, 06:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Stoenr
Tornados around me too. S. Burbs of Chicago got whacked pretty good.
notjing here a few sprinkles
Old 6/8/08, 06:15 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER

The Gay Blue Mustangs Mag :gay:
Old 6/8/08, 06:20 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Yea its the Pyres O/R H-pipe, the old 2 pc .one. Worked fine on the stock manifolds but got a leak on the drivers side. Can you over tighten the 2 bolts holding the ring thats on the h-pipe???
I used my air compresser and it actually looks like the ring is bend in at the bolts.

Tom I hope all goes well with the photo shoot!!
Old 6/8/08, 10:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Well, 3 years ago today I brought the car home. And now finally I got my hood.

It is about 3 inches longer than stock. The color match is dead on. Fit and finish are great. Can't wait for the stripes...
Attached Thumbnails Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-dscf2586.jpg   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-dscf2578.jpg  
Old 6/8/08, 11:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Modified Mustangs and Fords.... atleast that's the immediate plan.

Originally Posted by red454
I have one, but would prefer to not part with it- but if you need one to use, you're more than welcome as long as I can get it back if you sell your car sometime down the road.

Originally Posted by dly
The Gay Blue Mustangs Mag :gay:

Hey, that catalog turned out pretty good I thought, considering I took the photo...... Wait till you see the new website coming though.

Originally Posted by dly
Yea its the Pyres O/R H-pipe, the old 2 pc .one. Worked fine on the stock manifolds but got a leak on the drivers side. Can you over tighten the 2 bolts holding the ring thats on the h-pipe???
I used my air compresser and it actually looks like the ring is bend in at the bolts.

Tom I hope all goes well with the photo shoot!!
Be careful how you seat the H to the new headers........ And thanks, the shoot did go well. Lots of industrial, almost menacing photos- pretty badass. Tracy is THE MAN when it comes to automotive shoots- he gets three to four cover shots a year plus many, many monthly features using his photos.

Well, 3 years ago today I brought the car home. And now finally I got my hood.

It is about 3 inches longer than stock. The color match is dead on. Fit and finish are great. Can't wait for the stripes...
Chris, that looks great! Congrats!!!!!

Oh lastly......... YO Glenn!
Old 6/8/08, 12:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Quote:

"I have one, but would prefer to not part with it- but if you need one to use, you're more than welcome as long as I can get it back if you sell your car sometime down the road."

Well, thanks for the offer, but I need one as a donor. Actually, I only need the top half. I am going to cut the inlet tube with the MAF sensor off where it connects to the air box and use it on the box I am going to fabricate. I want to use the ram air from the hood so I will have to make my own box that seals to the hood opening. I want to keep my stock box in case my idea does not work out.

I got a start on my "custom" ram air box. You can get a good idea of what I am thinking in the pictures. It will be a side flow style. I still have a way to go but after I get the cardboard model done I will duplicate it in lexan (polycarbonate).
Attached Thumbnails Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-dscf2591.jpg   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-dscf2592.jpg  

Last edited by red454; 6/8/08 at 07:14 PM.
Old 6/8/08, 01:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

http://www.race2ube.com/view_video.p...d5ba2ce59211f5
Old 6/8/08, 06:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone, I was gone in Rockford all weekend with a few friends, that was fun. Jets were flying over for the air show, that was cool stuff. We were able to see quite a bit just by sitting out on the balcony of my friend's condo.
Old 6/9/08, 05:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

[img]morning[/img]
Old 6/9/08, 06:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Morning guys!!
Old 6/9/08, 07:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Quote:

"I have one, but would prefer to not part with it- but if you need one to use, you're more than welcome as long as I can get it back if you sell your car sometime down the road."

Well, thanks for the offer, but I need one as a donor. Actually, I only need the top half. I am going to cut the inlet tube with the MAF sensor off where it connects to the air box and use it on the box I am going to fabricate. I want to use the ram air from the hood so I will have to make my own box that seals to the hood opening. I want to keep my stock box in case my idea does not work out.

I got a start on my "custom" ram air box. You can get a good idea of what I am thinking in the pictures. It will be a side flow style. I still have a way to go but after I get the cardboard model done I will duplicate it in lexan (polycarbonate).

Hey Chris,
If you can't find a free one you can get one here pretty reasonably. While I have no intention of putting mine back on the car I am concerned I may need it someday.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-07...mZ380028337495
Old 6/9/08, 07:45 AM
Cobra R Member

Sure - I figured I should check around (here) first, because as soon as I would buy one, someone would say heck, you should have asked - I have 3 of them sitting around and you can have all 3!!! That is the way it usually goes...

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread