2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/06, 08:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red & Shantel @ March 3, 2006, 5:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Talked with a guy here at the marina that picked up his VB GT from the same dealer we ordered from. Beautiful color in the sun! He has put 1k on it so far and seems to have this silly grin permanently attached to his face. Crazy thing is his buddy riding shotgun looked the same way.... wonder why that is?

Sea, Yawl
[/b][/quote]
Hey Red! VB was actually our first choice (last year), until we saw the Torch Red at the LA Auto Show.
It was a close decision, but went with the TR. No regrets! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

About the permagrin [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] ... no one is safe once they're in a Mustang; you'll end up contracting it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cavero @ March 3, 2006, 6:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
NOOOO!!!!! My delivery date was supposed to be tomorrow, but according to the analyst on the 800#, there's another rail car shortage! My car's stuck in Ohio! Kzinti seems to agree on the rail shortage. Well, at least it gives me more time to consider my options and make arrangements. Anyone know what I can expect for an interest rate on the car using dealer financing?
[/b][/quote]
Shaun-
No one knows more about delays than Tom. He's been told about the possibility of railcar shortages too.

On interest rates, see if you can hook up with a Credit Union. They offer some pretty competitive rates.
I'm locked in at 5.9% [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 08:13 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My grin came back after I found out it shipped... it went away for about 1 month and 1 day, though!

About that Flowmaster Install... I belong to Ford Muscle. I got a lot of questions answered there during my engine build-ups.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 3, 2006, 10:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>On interest rates, see if you can hook up with a Credit Union. They offer some pretty competitive rates. I'm locked in at 5.9% [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img][/b][/quote]Or try a Capital One Blank Check. Your credit rating is great if it's in the 700s. You can lock in rates from 5.39% to 6.19% depending on length of the loan.
Old 3/3/06, 08:32 PM
GTR Member

Bill, caught you reading that "Need Camber Adjusters...". Guess with that much lowering in the front they would need bolts/plates.

Are the stock bolts designed the same way as that picture you showed me to adjust camber slightly?
Old 3/3/06, 09:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cavero @ March 3, 2006, 8:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
NOOOO!!!!! My delivery date was supposed to be tomorrow, but according to the analyst on the 800#, there's another rail car shortage! My car's stuck in Ohio! Kzinti seems to agree on the rail shortage. Well, at least it gives me more time to consider my options and make arrangements. Anyone know what I can expect for an interest rate on the car using dealer financing? they tell me it's between 6.9 and 11%. When they gave me the rough quote when I ordered it, it was 10.9% which is rediculous. They claimed it was an average number on the high side so I wouldn't do my budget under false impressions. They also said that since I'm a recent college graduate, the bank would understand and give me a lower rate to help start out. I'm 22, and this is my first job, and though I can technically afford that 10.9%, in reality I'd be broke! My credit score's in the low to mid 700's. Anyone have any tips for negotiating the rate? I'm buying under X-plan, so I can't really lower the principal on the loan, so the only way I can save money is on an interest rate.
[/b][/quote]
I know about unexpected delays as well, not NEAR to the extent of Tom, but I do understand [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
As far as 10.9%, that is ridiculous, especially for over 700 Credit Score. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

And ditto for me Bill, Credit Union 5.9% = Interesting [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

I think I like the sound of those Flowmasters. Good grief another addition to the mod list.
Old 3/3/06, 10:36 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 3, 2006, 7:35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Bill, caught you reading that "Need Camber Adjusters...". Guess with that much lowering in the front they would need bolts/plates.

Are the stock bolts designed the same way as that picture you showed me to adjust camber slightly?
[/b][/quote]
Tom- Just some last minute reading on the installation steps.

The Eibach Pro kit drops the front 1 1/2" and for sure will require the aftermarket camber bolts (or the more expensive plates). I'm hoping to get away with the adjustablility of the factory camber bolts, but won't know until I make an appt with my front end guy hopefully next week. Until then, very minimum driving for me, don't want to add any excessive tire wear up front.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 3, 2006, 8:49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I think I like the sound of those Flowmasters. Good grief another addition to the mod list.
[/b][/quote]
Daryl-
Wait until my post next weekend on my FRPP/Borla axle-back install! You may be the next Flowmaster to Borla converter! (like me)
Old 3/3/06, 10:44 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 4, 2006, 12:39 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm hoping to get away with the adjustablility of the factory camber bolts[/b][/quote]So the factory bolts adjust the same way that the aftermarket bolts do? Or would I have to tell my alignment shop, "This is how you adjust the camber...."?

Nevermind... just looked in the "Work Instructions" section. Apparently there is no adjustment using bolts until you enlarge that bottom hole holding the spindle.
Old 3/3/06, 10:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 3, 2006, 11:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Daryl-
Wait until my post next weekend on my FRPP/Borla axle-back install! You may be the next Flowmaster to Borla converter! (like me)
[/b][/quote]
Don't know about the Borlas. I listen to that sound clip you posted with the guy in the VB GT with them. H E L L you could hear them 1/2 mile or more away lol
Don't know if I want them that loud or not.
Make an audio clip before and after and let me see what the difference sounds like. Please [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 11:12 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 4, 2006, 12:52 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Make an audio clip before and after and let me see what the difference sounds like. Please [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img][/b][/quote]Holy cow, it will be no comparison. There was a big difference between the Flowmasters and stock (on my friend Mike's GT), the Borlas should be a HUGE difference. What I want to know (and I may have said this before) is how the drone is inside. The Flowmasters have some but it is easy to get used to and worth it to make the car sound awesome. I've never been inside a car with Borlas...
Old 3/3/06, 11:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 4, 2006, 12:15 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Holy cow, it will be no comparison. There was a big difference between the Flowmasters and stock (on my friend Mike's GT), the Borlas should be a HUGE difference. What I want to know (and I may have said this before) is how the drone is inside. The Flowmasters have some but it is easy to get used to and worth it to make the car sound awesome. I've never been inside a car with Borlas...
[/b][/quote]
Yea, I know there would be a big difference, just want to see how much. If it is recorded with the same device it gives me a better comaprison though. As opposed to Borlas on one camera and stock on another if this makes sense at all. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 11:17 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 4, 2006, 12:39 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Tom- Just some last minute reading on the installation steps.[/b][/quote]I do the same thing! I want to make sure I don't miss anything. Did you see that some cars have the rear end off-center from the factory? You should check yours before you do the spring install.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 4, 2006, 1:18 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>if this makes sense at all. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img][/b][/quote] Makes perfect sense!
Old 3/4/06, 05:02 AM
GT Member

Thanks for the nanners folks! I will try to get pics soon. Susan I'm not sure these folks want to see me in a bikini! Not bad looking, just don't shave my legs! LOL If you want to PM your pic then GO FOR IT! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/4/06, 07:28 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 3, 2006, 9:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
So the factory bolts adjust the same way that the aftermarket bolts do? Or would I have to tell my alignment shop, "This is how you adjust the camber...."?
Nevermind... just looked in the "Work Instructions" section. Apparently there is no adjustment using bolts until you enlarge that bottom hole holding the spindle.
[/b][/quote]
Tom-
Got a few minutes before I start the spring swap...
To my understanding, the factory camber bolts will adjust up to 0.75 degrees of camber. Any adjustments beyond that will require aftermarket camber bolts (like the Eibach bolts I posted earlier).
That elongation of the upper strut mount hole in the 'Work Instructions' is a work around plan to allow adjustments beyond the 0.75 degrees. Many have opted for the aftermarket bolts in lieu of elongating the strut hole.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 3, 2006, 10:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Did you see that some cars have the rear end off-center from the factory? You should check yours before you do the spring install.
[/b][/quote]
Yup, I've read about that too. I'll take some pre/post measurements of the axle location before dropping the rear.

If the axle position is off so much that it bugs me, I'll end up getting the BMR adjustable panhard bar to correct the problem.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 3, 2006, 10:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yea, I know there would be a big difference, just want to see how much. If it is recorded with the same device it gives me a better comaprison though. As opposed to Borlas on one camera and stock on another if this makes sense at all. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Daryl-
I found this link to some FRPP/Borla sound clips from a 05/06 Mustang GT, see if that'll answer some of your questions. Also, top paragraph in linked page has a description of the expected drone.

I'm planning on making some 'out of the car' sound clips as well. Stay tuned!
Old 3/4/06, 07:44 AM
GTR Member

Great! Have fun today!

BTW... my car made it to Florida!
Old 3/4/06, 08:09 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 4, 2006, 8:47 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Great! Have fun today!

BTW... my car made it to Florida!
[/b][/quote]
PLewhh, mine is still in that KC area. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] She has to start moving soon if ETA is Monday. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Good luck Bill, we will be expecting some pics, pre, during and post installation. lol
Old 3/4/06, 09:44 AM
GTR Member

Both of ours are so close, I really hope yours starts moving soon, too!
Old 3/4/06, 11:12 AM
GTR Member

Looks like the tortoise made it to Florida and decided to take a nap!

Been stuck there for over 10 hours... Givin' the hare a chance to catch up!
Old 3/4/06, 11:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 4, 2006, 12:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Looks like the tortoise made it to Florida and decided to take a nap!

Been stuck there for over 10 hours... Givin' the hare a chance to catch up!
[/b][/quote]
LOL The Hare has been taking a nap for almost 2 weeks now. I think the tortoise is safe. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/4/06, 11:18 AM
GTR Member

Then again, I don't know where the truck (car carrier) picks up the cars off of the rail. Could be Jacksonville, could be somewhere else. I'm driving my wife crazy checking for updates!

Bill, Susan... you couldn't track your car once the truck picked it up anymore, could you?
Old 3/4/06, 11:48 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 4, 2006, 12:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Then again, I don't know where the truck (car carrier) picks up the cars off of the rail. Could be Jacksonville, could be somewhere else. I'm driving my wife crazy checking for updates!

Bill, Susan... you couldn't track your car once the truck picked it up anymore, could you?
[/b][/quote]Once it made it to the destination trainyard, our dealer started tracking it. I guess they just found out it was there and called or emailed Chris to let us know. Other than that, not much you can do once it's on truck, as far as I know.

What part of Florida is it in now? To answer your previous question, yes, they move at night. Mine started moving at 10pm after sitting for 4 days. I bet you're getting so excited!

Bill - how is the spring swap going today?

Daryl - did you know that your screen name is spelled differently on BOF? I just noticed that today.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(firestang70 @ March 4, 2006, 6:05 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Susan I'm not sure these folks want to see me in a bikini! Not bad looking, just don't shave my legs! LOL If you want to PM your pic then GO FOR IT! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]Hah! I don't see *that* happenin'!

I'm going to make Chris sit down with me this weekend and go through all your posts about these mods with me. Last night, I did show him the link to the stripe disaster pics. I wonder how that went down when the owner went to pick up his car. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall. I can't imagine that installer calling himself a professional and being proud of that work. Ughh.
Old 3/4/06, 12:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 4, 2006, 12:51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Daryl - did you know that your screen name is spelled differently on BOF? I just noticed that today.
H[/b][/quote]Yea I noticed that, but my login is OKCMustangGT just my screenname got screwed up somehow.
You have to love it <span style="color:#000099">OKC</span><span style="color:#FF0000">Must</span><span style="color:#3333FF">nag</span>GT LOL
Sounds like a wife's screenename [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ponies on order