2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/06, 10:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 3, 2006, 9:47 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
My title is a "Ride & Show Tech". I work at Animal Kingdom mostly on the Kali River Rapid ride, but have been trecking over to the new Expedition Everest roller coaster now that it is up and running (a lot to learn on that ride).
[/b][/quote]
Tom gets to go to Disney World everyday! And gets paid! How cool is that?

I just look at airplanes everyday... and the TMS forum. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 11:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 3, 2006, 11:50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Tom gets to go to Disney World everyday! And gets paid! How cool is that?
[/b][/quote]
+1 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I work directly with about 7 women, so you can just imagine my adventures ! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 11:49 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 3, 2006, 12:40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I work directly with about 7 women, so you can just imagine my adventures ! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img][/b][/quote]Hey, now! If you only knew the employee issues I've had to deal with this week. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 11:54 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 3, 2006, 10:52 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey, now! If you only knew the employee issues I've had to deal with this week. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I hear stories everyday from my wife on what goes on in her office (mostly all women), don't want to go there! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/argue.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 11:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 3, 2006, 12:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey, now! If you only knew the employee issues I've had to deal with this week. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I knew that would get Susan's attention. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
It's not all bad. just a couple of them have so much drama in their lives, and there are some guys around here that are just as bad. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Fortunately the most drama in my life is waiting on my car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 12:14 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 3, 2006, 10:59 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I knew that would get Susan's attention. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
It's not all bad. just a couple of them have so much drama in their lives, and there are some guys around here that are just as bad. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Fortunately the most drama in my life is waiting on my car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I hear ya Daryl! Getting anxious (or nervous) on ripping my suspension apart tomorrow morning. Nothing says 'Crazy!' more than tearing apart a 1 week old car! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/screwy.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 01:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 3, 2006, 1:17 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I hear ya Daryl! Getting anxious (or nervous) on ripping my suspension apart tomorrow morning. Nothing says 'Crazy!' more than tearing apart a 1 week old car! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/screwy.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I bet, but most everyone here is [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/screwy.gif[/img] anyway [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Like wanting to paint stripes on a brand new paint job, cut springs, install new springs, etc, etc.
Gotta love it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 01:30 PM
GTR Member

Macon, Georgia... almost in Florida!

Check yours lately, Daryl?

I'm at work now and I don't have your number memorized.
Old 3/3/06, 01:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 3, 2006, 2:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Macon, Georgia... almost in Florida![/b][/quote]
SWEET that blasted tortoise is hauling now [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 3, 2006, 2:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Check yours lately, Daryl?[/b][/quote]
I'm filing this question under the "Here's Your Sign" category [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
I'm at work now and I don't have your number memorized.
[/b][/quote]
Ouch I know yours ETTX801159 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

They have computers at the rides at Disney? Who is watching the occupants. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 02:47 PM
GTR Member

Sorry... I almost know yours... CN 70429x ?

Heck ya we have computers! I'm maintenance... we are behind the scenes unless needed, then we do our stuff after the park closes.

Hares on the move again! But Mr. K still doesn't have dates! I hope I have the correct railcar#. Would hate to be tracking someone else's car! I guess since the dealer called me with it, then it's correct.

I wrote "h e l l s" ya we have computers and it changed it to "heck" ya. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 02:59 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 3, 2006, 1:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I hope I have the correct railcar#. Would hate to be tracking someone else's car! I guess since the dealer called me with it, then it's correct.

I wrote "h e l l s" ya we have computers and it changed it to "heck" ya. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Tracking the wrong railcar would be big time bummer! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/17.gif[/img]

Forums' on the lookout for 'bad' words... and numbers; if you ever attempt to post or PM the ERL number (in normal format), it'll kick out a bunch of xxxx's.

Moderators area always watching... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lam.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 03:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 3, 2006, 3:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Sorry... I almost know yours... CN 70429x ?

Heck ya we have computers! I'm maintenance... we are behind the scenes unless needed, then we do our stuff after the park closes.

Hares on the move again! But Mr. K still doesn't have dates! I hope I have the correct railcar#. Would hate to be tracking someone else's car! I guess since the dealer called me with it, then it's correct.

[/b][/quote]
Yea I have noticed that language filter a few times myself. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
You almost have it, just add a 7 at the end, but it does no good to check, it NEVER moves. LOL [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 03:56 PM
GTR Member

I wasn't even trying to say a bad word!

Good luck tomorrow on your spring change out, Bill! Can't wait to hear about and see the results!

Maybe I'll call an analyst tomorrow to verify the railcar#... never found out, are they there on Saturdays?

What's the number to them again? (Just Kidding!) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 04:20 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 3, 2006, 4:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Forums' on the lookout for 'bad' words... and numbers; if you ever attempt to post or PM the ERL number (in normal format), it'll kick out a bunch of xxxx's.[/b][/quote]I did not know that. Hmm. Why did it let you post the railcar tracking number?
Old 3/3/06, 04:33 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 3, 2006, 3:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I did not know that. Hmm. Why did it let you post the railcar tracking number?
[/b][/quote]
I pretty sure that the UPX number is public, the ERL is not.

Tom- Thanks, I'll post pics for sure.
Old 3/3/06, 05:20 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 1, 2006, 9:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Like that better than the Flowmasters?
Is Borla a Ford Racing product? I haven't heard them, but the Flowmaster's sound great!
[/b][/quote]
Tom- Sorry to rehash this 2 day old topic, but I came across this site that did an install on a set of Flowmasters. Flowmaster install

On that topic, I just ordered a set of the FRPP/Borla axle-backs (M-5230-5GT). Not too bad of a price at $401 shipped (from Downs Ford, NJ). To anyone thinking about this... too late, I got the last one. Just about everyone that's selling these below retail ($440) have them on backorder til the end of April. I just got lucky! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Now I'll have something to do next weekend too!
Old 3/3/06, 05:29 PM
GTR Member

I'll do it backwards... exhaust first, then springs. Thanks for the flowmaster install link.

It's easy to bend the hangers to center the exhaust tips. I'm a really big stickler on that! I'll get them better than they come from the factory (which isn't always that great).
Old 3/3/06, 05:37 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 3, 2006, 4:32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'll do it backwards... exhaust first, then springs. Thanks for the flowmaster install link.

It's easy to bend the hangers to center the exhaust tips. I'm a really big stickler on that! I'll get them better than they come from the factory (which isn't always that great).
[/b][/quote]
I'm a bit of a perfectionist too, but the hangers on the 05/06 look pretty beefy. I'll have to eat my spinach before next weekend!
Old 3/3/06, 06:13 PM

Talked with a guy here at the marina that picked up his VB GT from the same dealer we ordered from. Beautiful color in the sun! He has put 1k on it so far and seems to have this silly grin permanently attached to his face. Crazy thing is his buddy riding shotgun looked the same way.... wonder why that is?

Sea, Yawl
Old 3/3/06, 07:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts
NOOOO!!!!! My delivery date was supposed to be tomorrow, but according to the analyst on the 800#, there's another rail car shortage! My car's stuck in Ohio! Kzinti seems to agree on the rail shortage. Well, at least it gives me more time to consider my options and make arrangements. Anyone know what I can expect for an interest rate on the car using dealer financing? they tell me it's between 6.9 and 11%. When they gave me the rough quote when I ordered it, it was 10.9% which is rediculous. They claimed it was an average number on the high side so I wouldn't do my budget under false impressions. They also said that since I'm a recent college graduate, the bank would understand and give me a lower rate to help start out. I'm 22, and this is my first job, and though I can technically afford that 10.9%, in reality I'd be broke! My credit score's in the low to mid 700's. Anyone have any tips for negotiating the rate? I'm buying under X-plan, so I can't really lower the principal on the loan, so the only way I can save money is on an interest rate.

Quick Reply: Ponies on order