2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

older orders

Search this Thread

Old 3/25/05 | 05:50 PM
Bullitt Member

[quote=Grantsdale,March 25, 2005, 2:51 PM]
[quote=Captmojo,March 25, 2005, 3:07 PM][quote=Grantsdale,March 25, 2005, 12:00 AM][quote=antdog,March 25, 2005, 1:24 AM]
Originally Posted by Grantsdale,March 24, 2005, 11:14 PM
Ford doesn't know if a car is on a plan or not. If the dealer is being a scumbag and changing your priority, that would be the only reason for a plan to be delayed longer than a "regular" order.
he never said they use it to pull order, but it's in the dora which is what ford sends back to dealer after voc so they do have that info.
Old 3/25/05 | 05:53 PM
Banned

Originally posted by bill_brenda+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bill_brenda)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Grantsdale
Ford doesn't know if a car is on a plan or not. If the dealer is being a scumbag and changing your priority, that would be the only reason for a plan to be delayed longer than a "regular" order.
he never said they use it to pull order, but it's in the dora which is what ford sends back to dealer after voc so they do have that info.
[/b][/quote]

Ok, fine, I should have remember that half the people on this site are retards.

Ford does not see the order type of the vehicle at the same time it is filling a dealer's allocation.

That work for everyone? Any other problems?

They don't note the status because they get paid the same either way. The plan refund doesn't get filed for until after the car has sold.
Old 3/25/05 | 05:56 PM
Bullitt Member

[quote=Grantsdale,March 25, 2005, 7:56 PM]
[quote=bill_brenda,March 25, 2005, 8:53 PM]
[quote=Grantsdale,March 25, 2005, 2:51 PM]
[quote=Captmojo,March 25, 2005, 3:07 PM]
Originally Posted by Grantsdale,March 25, 2005, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by antdog,March 25, 2005, 1:24 AM
Originally Posted by Grantsdale,March 24, 2005, 11:14 PM
Ok, fine, I should have remember that half the people on this site are retards.

Ford does not see the order type of the vehicle at the same time it is filling a dealer's allocation.

That work for everyone? Any other problems?

name calling, I never said they use it to pull order, I said they have that info it's reflected back to dealer with the dora. now who's the stupid one?

They don't note the status because they get paid the same either way. The plan refund doesn't get filed for until after the car has sold.
Old 3/25/05 | 06:01 PM
Banned

You are having problems with the quote button.

I NEVER said that Ford used it to pull order either. What I said was "Ford doesn't know if it is on a plan or not." Which, no matter what information they transmit, is true. When they are pulling the car, they do NOT have access to the order type, just that Dealership X needs car Y with options Z. Thats it, nothing more. They don't know: who its selling to; if its stock, retail, or fleet; if its on a plan; if its going to be transferred to another dealership; or almost anything else.

They DO know the following:
1) Dealership X wants the car with the desired options.
2) Dealership X has allocation for said car.
3) Dealership X has paid for the car.

Thats it. Period.

Heres some free advice: Don't try to be an expert if you don't know what you are talking about. Just because information exists on a system, doesn't mean that it is on another system. In fmcdealer, there are a lot of things that are stored on the dealer side and are only accessible by the dealer. They are accessible by other parts of the database, and can be pulled for other things by the dealer, even though they don't have the original document in front of them.
Old 3/25/05 | 06:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale@March 25, 2005, 8:04 PM

I NEVER said that Ford used it to pull order either. What I said was "Ford doesn't know if it is on a plan or not." Which, no matter what information they transmit, is true. When they are pulling the car, they do NOT have access to the order type, just that Dealership X needs car Y with options Z. Thats it, nothing more. They don't know: who its selling to; if its stock, retail, or fleet; if its on a plan; if its going to be transferred to another dealership; or almost anything else.

Thats it. Period.
Yes they do. It's on the DORA, which is generated by ford and sent back to dealer after dealer sends in a VOC order.
Old 3/25/05 | 06:07 PM
Banned

Originally posted by bill_brenda+March 25, 2005, 9:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bill_brenda @ March 25, 2005, 9:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Grantsdale@March 25, 2005, 8:04 PM

Thats it. Period.
Yes they do. It's on the DORA, which is generated by ford and sent back to dealer after dealer sends in a VOC order.
[/b][/quote]

No. DORA is generated at the dealership. Ford just transmits a message back to the dealer basically saying "we have received your VOC and it is in the system". And the DORA spits out with the information that the VOC had when it was transmitted.

This isn't some rinky-dink operation where all this information goes back and forth. Full status is only transmitted once, when the VOC is sent to Ford. All the other parts are simple addendums. The process you are talking about is a simple command that says "VOC = DORA".

The following is transmitted with the VOC:

Body type, style, and options.
Order Number.
Priority.
Dealer Code (transmitted at system log on)
Old 3/25/05 | 06:13 PM
GT Member

Angry

Can i ad to this retarted topic but I think the dealer does not pay for the cars till after something like 60 or 90 days . thats what the hold back money is all about. but any way this thread is about something diff... check out my order to delvery times
Old 3/25/05 | 08:03 PM
Banned

Originally posted by THE-BOSS@March 25, 2005, 9:16 PM
Can i ad to this retarted topic but I think the dealer does not pay for the cars till after something like 60 or 90 days . thats what the hold back money is all about. but any way this thread is about something diff... check out my order to delvery times
Depends on the dealer, some of them pay up front, some later.

Please shorten your signature. Max is 8 lines including spaces.
Old 3/25/05 | 09:55 PM
V6 Member

I am not certain the the dealer is making the sale when a plan is involved. Please consider the following:

Ford specifically refers to a "commission" to be paid to the dealer on a "plan" sale. It is possible that commission may have meaning beyond common usage, but it is doubtful that Ford would use the term excet where the meaning is clear and common.

In addition, the law does not allow manufacturers to establish the price that retailers charge. The plans specifically determine selling prices. In other words, the selling price is not negotiated by the dealer.

In order to allow Ford to recognize the revenue at the time the car is manufactured, all vehicles invoiced to the dealer are effectively on consignment. This is the reason why dealers were once refered to as agencys. Be clear on this point, the distinction is that Ford must guarantee that the vehicle will be liquidated to cash within a certain time frame. The hold back is a reserve that Ford must hold to use as a guarantee that the car will sell. I don't want to confuse anyone here, dealers don't get cars no strings attached. This is an accounting technicallity, that would allow for Ford to sell vehicles directly to third parties, while compensating th dealer on a commission basis.

Does any one have any information that would provide detail into the exact chain of title when a car is sold? I know that registration is based on the Manufactuers Statement of Origin. Does any one know if the dealer ever takes actual title to a vehicle? My thinking is that they do not, unles they choose to register the vehicle in the dealer name. These are largely legal definitions and details. Any lawyers or CPA's care to comment?
Old 3/26/05 | 07:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

X-plan order on Oct 26, 2004
Took delivery Dec 16, 2004 just over 7 weeks
Old 3/26/05 | 09:49 AM

Ordered X-Plan 1/19 Still C/U :angry:
Old 3/26/05 | 12:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

[quote=Grantsdale,March 25, 2005, 7:10 PM]
[No. DORA is generated at the dealership. Ford just transmits a message back to the dealer basically saying "we have received your VOC and it is in the system". And the DORA spits out with the information that the VOC had when it was transmitted.

This isn't some rinky-dink operation where all this information goes back and forth. Full status is only transmitted once, when the VOC is sent to Ford. All the other parts are simple addendums. The process you are talking about is a simple command that says "VOC = DORA".

According to you, if the VOC has the correct information, that's good enough. If that's the case, why does Karpro say you should always get your DORA to make sure everything was entered the way you asked?
Old 3/26/05 | 05:48 PM
Banned

[quote=outdoorstom,March 26, 2005, 4:02 PM]
Originally Posted by Grantsdale,March 25, 2005, 7:10 PM
[No. DORA is generated at the dealership. Ford just transmits a message back to the dealer basically saying "we have received your VOC and it is in the system". And the DORA spits out with the information that the VOC had when it was transmitted.

According to you, if the VOC has the correct information, that's good enough. If that's the case, why does Karpro say you should always get your DORA to make sure everything was entered the way you asked?
Because there can be errors when the data is sent, or you can be given a VOC that they won't actually use to place the order. I have a VOC for my car that the dealership just used to spec out the car, it wasn't the one that they actually submitted. Its the exact same, except for order number.

(In other words, he's right)