2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

IUP fiasco attempt 2

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/04, 08:55 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by BEACHBOY@December 30, 2004, 10:54 PM
I didn't order my car with IUP, so I thought twice about posting on this thread, but I wanted to express something. This car, at least to me, is so much more than an IUP option. This general production Mustang is something that many of us have been looking for a lot of years. I am in my 30s and have loved the late 60s Mustang for a long as I can remember.
So for me paying $25,000+ to own a car that is close to my heart, as far as cars go, was a no brainer, with or without IUP. This car is 1/3 of the price of a fully restored '67, '68, '69 Mustang GT, but yet cares many of those cars style cues.
So for the gentleman that is really upset about this IUP issue, is this car really something that you want to drive and admire? Because if not having the IUP option would make you not want this car, then this car is not for you. For those of us that love it looks, love its performance, and love the name Mustang, this car is for us with or without IUP. My opinion take it or leave it.
I wish everyone a safe and healthy New Year.
Perfect! Couldn't be said better.
(Els also IUP naked)
Old 12/30/04, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

I will be patient right along w/ you Galaxie. When all this "stuff" came out about the IUP I too was upset but I have learned it does you NO GOOD to carry on like a baby. It is after all a car. One that will lose value the very sec you drive it off the lot. Look for a used one w/ IUP on-line. There was a lime green one on ebay last week for $2K off. You WILL be able to find them. Just takes some "leg work" per say.

Just a word of warning futurestang - If you carry on like this you might get yourself booted!!! I too think a car is more important than anything else in the world (NOT!!!), especially seeing so many people die tragically. The world does not revolve around you and your non-iup difficulties.
Old 12/30/04, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

I understand the gentlemans disappointment. But to go postal makes no sense. Heck if I couldn't of gotten the dash treatment of the IUP I would of bought the stuff out now where I could of painted. Saw one in redfire that looked great. Kind of concepty. Hey this car is a canvas where all of us that enjoy cars can express ourselves. I understand your frustration but I suggest you build a bridge and get over it!
Old 12/30/04, 09:02 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I just wasted 15 minutes reading this thread...I want my money back!
GT Member

Originally posted by swingle007@December 30, 2004, 9:56 PM
This kid is wild.....what a way to make your first few posts on a site....using vulgarity and telling the owner of the site which topics he's allowed to close....HAHAHAHA Just a plain lack of sense.....gotta figure out how to ban you from my future viewing....waste of my time...maybe Brad can devise a dunce cap avatar for future so people have fair warning prior to reading his ramblings......LOL
This "kid" is older than you, most likely better educated than you (I'm in the top primary care medical school in the nation), and is certainly in a less red state than you with more common sense. You can act like a shill for Fomoco's short-comings, you can tell us that we dont "need" the IUP 18G package that we ordered and that our car is just fine without it (even though you have said package) but you cannot tell us not to express our outrage when we find out that they're removing an option we ordered from our order and expect us to go silently into the night. Let me express then in GW terms since you're in texas, it ain't gonna happen kid.
V6 Member

Hey: You got to give him credit for filling up three pages of comments in a few minutes!
Too Tall
Old 12/30/04, 09:03 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by creedog@December 30, 2004, 9:43 PM
Brad, I think you could buy some of the IUP products from the dealership from the parts dept, no? I mean how many cars are out there w/ the total IUP and dealerships need to have parts for them. Order the lite IUP and then get some of the remaining from the aftermarket or dealership. Just an idea???
I'm sure that eventually you will be able to buy the dash trim and all that, but the gauges and message center would be quite an expensive install.
Old 12/30/04, 09:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by Boomer@December 30, 2004, 10:05 PM
I just wasted 15 minutes reading this thread...I want my money back!
Sorry Boomer....you should have read the fine print!
Old 12/30/04, 09:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

The pics of the "Brochure" that brad put up on page (2) of this thread would seem to confirm the future of the 18G. As others have said , this looks like a supply issue. Patience and perseverance are in order. It's unlikely FOMOCO would have the brochures printed up without the knowledge of where they are going. I hope I don't have too much "Faith" here
Old 12/30/04, 09:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Future:
If it's a supply issue, what do you want them to do about it? The parts aren't exactly lying around ya know. They weren't anticipating everyone getting IUP. Sorry if that's a problem, would you like to wait, try some other combo, or do something else?

If it's a lawsuit issue, what do you want them to do about it? Settle for an ungodly amount and raise the price by $2000 or some other amount, just so you can have it? That's silly.

Either way, you are way out of line, IMO. I am a fairly easy going guy. The biggest complaint I have with Ford about the Mustang is the 2 vs 4 gauge thing, the non-optional fog lamps on GT, and not enough colors, inside and out. That's it. And you don't see me ranting a blue streak about it. Especially since this board isn't Ford owned and operated. It's run by a great set of people. If I do rant, it's at Ford directly. Maybe you should try it?

Things happen. Get used to disappointment. Nobody's hurt, sick or dead. It's not like we're talking about a colossal screw up like Bhopal. I find that your ranting (and that IS what you are doing) is distracting and without merit. You have your right as a person of the Earth to rant, but take it somewhere else. I know that I can "just not read it," but the title indicates something somewhat different than the content inside the thread. I went in thinking you ordered one thing, and got another, and the dealer was at fault. Which is patently not the case, is it? Maybe I should go off ad nauseum about your bad headline?

Besides, you YELL TOO MUCH. MY EARS HURT FROM READING YOUR POSTS. I'M NOT BLIND, YO.

/eject.
Old 12/30/04, 09:06 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
haha, just because one is educated, doesn't constitute they are smart...

I rest my case.

This threads going the way of the lock VERY quickly.

Yo Dan/Galaxie.
I think we just found an issue MORE widely beaten than the IRS threads
Old 12/30/04, 09:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Please tell me where you will be after you leave med school so I can avoid it like the plague.
Old 12/30/04, 09:09 PM

Good thing the Mustang is a pretty safe car, this way we won't have to go to his ER!
Old 12/30/04, 09:11 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by futurestang@December 30, 2004, 10:05 PM

This "kid" is older than you, most likely better educated than you (I'm in the top primary care medical school in the nation), and is certainly in a less red state than you with more common sense.

Yeah Swingle, and his Dad can beat up your Dad!!

Geez - for someone who plays himself off as being older and wiser.... you sure come off sounding like you are 13 years old......
Old 12/30/04, 09:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
I wonder if this IUP thread will make 20+ pages too? :scratch:
Old 12/30/04, 09:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey, i struck a nerve....always good to get a rise from a genius....LOL Not sure where age, education, or home state come into play here, but I guess it helps to cloud your weak points and argument. The only person looking stupid here is you. Just for your info I never said anything about you not needing the package. I simply think you should look at the big picture and realize that your crazed actions and comments aren't helping you or anyone else....You'd think you would make more sense as you are so old and wise.....funny that your location isn't listed currently, but you'll make cracks on people who have the sack to list their home state....what a gutless wonder.....
Old 12/30/04, 09:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

futurestang calm down and think about it for a bit, would you really want to not get the car you wanted just because you couldn't get one little option with it? Life deprives us of things we want/could've/should've/were supposed to get all the time, why deprive yourself of the entire car just because Ford couldn't/wouldn't give you one option?

Three years down the road when you're driving a different car and see a Mustang go past, will you kick yourself for not getting one because of the IUP issue?

I hope to get a stang in the not too distant future, and yes I want IUP, MyColor, the extra gauges, and red interior. If mycolor isn't offered, oh well, it was a neat gadget that's all; if I can't have the extra gauges, i don't really need them anyway; can't get the aluminum dash, aftermarket, - no more aftermarket, oh well; can't get red interior, then I might change my color choices, both inside and out, that's all. I'll deal.
Old 12/30/04, 09:17 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Boomer@December 30, 2004, 11:09 PM
Yo Dan/Galaxie.
I think we just found an issue MORE widely beaten than the IRS threads
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Why did you have to bring that up, now all the IRS threads will be popping up
Old 12/30/04, 09:18 PM
Bullitt Member

wow.

With that kind of coin might I suggest you check out this Mustang?
Old 12/30/04, 09:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Burke0011@December 30, 2004, 10:14 PM

Geez - for someone who plays himself off as being older and wiser.... you sure come off sounding like you are 13 years old......
I thought he was like 2. Med school??? I would like to see what happens when is he operating and the patient decides to die on him?

futurestang says... "Hey listen you are not supposed to do that, I ordered you to live!!! Now I will have to go fill out reports and not go riding in my mustang w/ NON-IUP!!!" DARN IT!!!

Quick Reply: IUP fiasco attempt 2