2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Global Windows

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/05, 08:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Part of the reason I ordered the alarm was for the global windows. I dont want to sue anyone at all, I want them to fix the problem and deliver the product as advertised...heck even the CD they gave me with the delivery of the car (june 23rd) describes this feature in detail as does the owners manual. I even got a brochure 3 months after they disabled it and it still advertised the feature as being part of the package. FORD did a bad job here period and they should fix it, and if they choose to ignore the consumer when they have a legit complaint, then I guess that is why people sue!
After hearing it only work 10 ft away from the car, it almost make it a useless feature, heck, i would trade a disabled window feature for an inside trunk release and key fob that was more thought out with protruding buttons...lol
Old 7/7/05, 08:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I would agree with you John, in that case a lawsuit is ridiculous! But that's quite different than the situation with the windows.
Old 7/7/05, 08:46 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Back to my point, which is, if you look at a brochure and expect to get exactly what you read or see you are deeply mistaken. Did I get the tires I saw, no. Did I get the tires they stated I would get in the brochure, no. Did I get the intake cover that was shown in a picture on the car in the brochure, no. Should FORD provide me with these features since I thought I was getting them? I think they should but according to the brochure and FORD, the answer is simply no. Is there any reason I should fight with them about it....not really. After all, the documentation is pretty straight forward. Do you guys have a right to be upset, of course you do, that is your right. Just like it is your right to bare arms, although I don't know when the British are invading .
If you feel that strongly about it see what you can do about it but don't expect everyone to follow. I have the feature and it is flawed. Do I want FORD to fix it, sure I do. Is it worth my time to go back over and over and over again until it is fixed right. Not really. We paid $200.00 for this system. Alarms that have similar features, without the global option cost more than that, at least in my area. If you are that upset go and buy something different. FORD was smart to deactivate this feature. They would be smarter to remove the Shaker head units and replace them with something that actually works.
Old 7/7/05, 08:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by moc1976@July 7, 2005, 7:50 AM
Well I guess you don't mind getting worked over by people if you would just sit by if this happend to you. I don't like to pay for something and then not get what I paid for, but if you guys do, that's great! I'd love to sell stuff to you guys, since it doesn't matter if it works as advertised!

Oh yeah, that's why this country is screwed up, people wanting what they pay for! You really hit the nail on the head there!
You got what you paid for, the active alarm. How much money are you losing anyway?
Old 7/7/05, 08:59 AM
Retired Tms Staff

It is a great feature when you are driving through an automatic car wash and the window rolls down. Fast way to clean the interior and your clothes all at the same time
Old 7/7/05, 08:59 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@July 7, 2005, 7:29 AM

Exactly! The real reason this country is screwed up is lazy people that won't stand up for themselves and the assignment of responsibility to parties other than those actually responsible. In this case s apparently a sin to try to blame almighty Ford, the responsible party, for not giving us what we paid for.

Actually Tim, we're making the same argument. The difference is the involvement of a lawyer, for something this petty. Leave the lawyers for serious stuff.

Involving lawyers in something like this is what I call LAZY. That my friend is assigning someone else to do your bidding for you, becuase for whatever reason someone has the lack of testicular fortitude and communication skills to handle these petty matters the way they should be.
Old 7/7/05, 09:00 AM
FR500 Member

Woops!
Old 7/7/05, 09:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@July 7, 2005, 9:02 AM
It is a great feature when you are driving through an automatic car wash and the window rolls down. Fast way to clean the interior and your clothes all at the same time
automatic car wash What's that, my Mustang will never see one of those
Old 7/7/05, 09:01 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Wow Tony, you must have really meant that to say it twice You have just been dying to say testicular fortitude haven't you.

Edit: Ah man, your double post vanished.
Old 7/7/05, 09:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by bigaloz@July 7, 2005, 9:01 AM
You got what you paid for, the active alarm. How much money are you losing anyway?
For the 106th time, I got the active anti-theft for the global open/close. How much am I losing? I don't know, it cost over $200, how much would it cost Ford to fix the darn thing is a better question.
Old 7/7/05, 09:03 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by moc1976@July 7, 2005, 9:03 AM
automatic car wash What's that, my Mustang will never see one of those
I only use the brushless ones once in a while. Never ever use the ones with brushes. :nono:
Old 7/7/05, 09:04 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by moc1976@July 7, 2005, 9:05 AM
For the 106th time, I got the active anti-theft for the global open/close. How much am I losing? I don't know, it cost over $200, how much would it cost Ford to fix the darn thing is a better question.
106th? I counted 5. Also you paid $200.00 for the entire anti-theft system, not the global window option. Big difference there. So really you might have only paid $10.00 for the Global Option. FORD should at least give you a free oil change.
Old 7/7/05, 09:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@July 7, 2005, 9:02 AM
Actually Tim, we're making the same argument. The difference is the involvement of a lawyer, for something this petty. Leave the lawyers for serious stuff.

Involving lawyers in something like this is what I call LAZY. That my friend is assigning someone else to do your bidding for you, becuase for whatever reason someone has the lack of testicular fortitude and communication skills to handle these petty matters the way they should be.

Well said. With all of the lawyers in this country, they need to come up with money somehow, no matter how petty.
Old 7/7/05, 09:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@July 7, 2005, 9:07 AM
106th? I counted 5. Also you paid $200.00 for the entire anti-theft system, not the global window option. Big difference there. So really you might have only paid $10.00 for the Global Option. FORD should at least give you a free oil change.
Well, maybe only the 5th time in this topic, there have been about 20 other topics on this, and if you are really bored, you can go count how many times I posted that in those. Maybe 106 is a little much, it's probably more like 30

And what are you arguing, I already said I paid that for the option, I said I didn't know what portion of that is for the global open/close. I did pay for it because I wanted the global open close, so really I paid the whole amount for the feature I wanted. It's all how you look at it. My car is not a daily driver and is rarely out of my sight, sits in a garage most of the time, I didn't really need the upgraded alarm, and wouldn't have ordered it had I known it was disabled and couldn't be reactivated. So, it could be seen that I paid the entire amount for what I wanted, open/close.
Old 7/7/05, 09:19 AM
Retired Tms Staff

FORD should never have said the global windows were a feature of the anti-theft system. It should have been a separate option that they could have done away with. Would have been much easier.
Old 7/7/05, 09:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by moc1976@July 7, 2005, 9:13 AM
Well, maybe only the 5th time in this topic, there have been about 20 other topics on this, and if you are really bored, you can go count how many times I posted that in those. Maybe 106 is a little much, it's probably more like 30

And what are you arguing, I already said I paid that for the option, I said I didn't know what portion of that is for the global open/close. I did pay for it because I wanted the global open close, so really I paid the whole amount for the feature I wanted. It's all how you look at it. My car is not a daily driver and is rarely out of my sight, sits in a garage most of the time, I didn't really need the upgraded alarm, and wouldn't have ordered it had I known it was disabled and couldn't be reactivated. So, it could be seen that I paid the entire amount for what I wanted, open/close.
If the car is rarely driven and sits in the garage most of the time, why is this feature so important?
Old 7/7/05, 09:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by moc1976@July 7, 2005, 9:13 AM

If the car is rarely driven and sits in the garage most of the time, why is this feature so important?
Old 7/7/05, 09:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Because when I do drive it, I want to be able to use an feature that I paid for! I did not say it's rarely driven, I said it's not a daily driver (you know to/from work, sitting in a parking lot/garage somewhere that a good alarm might be needed) and that it's in a garage when it's not being driven. Most cars sit somewhere most of the time, they spend far more time sitting somewhere than being driven.
Old 7/7/05, 09:37 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by moc1976@July 7, 2005, 8:13 AM

So maybe you should pick up a telephone, call Ford (the general manager at the dealer, the regional rep for Ford, and corporate), and complain! Complaining here serves little purpose because most if not all of those people don't read these forums. Have you considered what you will say when they remind you that they have the legal right to change or remove options with little or no notice? I suspect there's a good chance you may hear those words or something to that effect.
Old 7/7/05, 09:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Martimus@July 7, 2005, 9:40 AM
So maybe you should pick up a telephone, call Ford (the general manager at the dealer, the regional rep for Ford, and corporate), and complain! Complaining here serves little purpose because most if not all of those people don't read these forums. Have you considered what you will say when they remind you that they have the legal right to change or remove options with little or no notice? I suspect there's a good chance you may hear those words or something to that effect.
Maybe if you read earlier posts you would see that I tried this. I called Ford several times, called my dealership several times, went back to my dealership in person, and filled out my customer response survey appropriately. Ford would say to work with the dealership, and the dealership would say there's nothing they can do because Ford changed the option. I'm not complaining here, it is being discussed in a topic and I am commenting on it.

Quick Reply: Global Windows