Search this Thread

Old 7/6/05, 02:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know what that even means
Old 7/6/05, 02:21 PM
Bullitt Member

"Did I get ripped here too, or is this part of the global open/close feature? I didn't get a driver or passenger door cylinder. Only way to open my car with a key is to go through the trunk."

OK, it has been a long day and the it is 105 degrees outside ... Let me try again - I think my brain is fried ...

What is a "door cylinder"? I thought this was a cylinder that you inserted a key into to open your door. I do not have this, I must use my remote to unlock or lock the car, I can not insert a key.
Old 7/6/05, 02:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Calvin- Is there not a keyhole next to your door handle?
Old 7/6/05, 02:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Nope. And I swear I am not kidding/joking/bs'ing etc. I honestly thought they did not put a key hole there to make the car look smoother. Do you have a key hole next to your door handle? If so, was this part of the active anti-theft feature? I did not order b/c I installed an aftermarket system (Viper).
Old 7/6/05, 02:40 PM
Cobra Member

It should be in the handle itself (sort of)....the rear portion of it, and only on the driver's side.
Old 7/6/05, 02:50 PM
Bullitt Member

"It should be in the handle itself (sort of)....the rear portion of it, and only on the driver's side." OK, it was driving me nuts so I just went out to me car --

I need a beer, several several beers. :bang: :bang: I feel soooooooooooooo freaking stupid right now (but I'm honest enough to admit it). When I was waxing the passenger side of my car last week, my friend mentioned there wasn't a key hole - and I never gave much thought to it previously. I've never used the key and didn't even notice that there is a key hole in the handle on the drivers side only. And I thought I knew my car! I guess I need to spend much more quality time with her.

Please forgive my inate stupidity today. I promise to get a good nights sleep, crank the a/c in the house down to 60 degrees and will start over tomorrow.

And thanks for your patience
Old 7/6/05, 03:24 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Calvin, now you are making me want to drink several beers after reading your posts
Old 7/6/05, 03:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Somedays it does not pay to get out of bed - this is one of THOSE days.
Old 7/6/05, 03:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I think what irritates me (beyond having an '05 convertible with this feature, which I was well aware of before purchase and wanted, only to find it's permanently disabled a week after I get the car) is the instant "Let's get a lawyer and sue someone' approach.

There are a lot of ways to address issues like this that are effective, and don't require a lawsuit that in the end will only benefit some bipedal leeches who happen to wear ties and carry briefcases.

How about a letter writing campaign? Online petition? A website outlining the consumer disatisfaction Ford's policy on this has caused? There are several ways to get Ford focused on doing a better job on this that don't require legal procedings. Just my $.02 of course

And Calvin, don't sweat it man, we ALL have those sort of days now and again.
Old 7/6/05, 03:42 PM
FR500 Member

Now that's the first common sense thing I've seen in this thread.

The issue is not weather or not someone feels they were wronged by paying for something they did not get. They're right.

The issue is how you go about getting satisfaction.

This is hardly something that qualifies in my eyes as something to go "Lawyer" on.

Good lord, get off your duff and go make like a madman at the dealer, you'll get more satisfaction than waiting 2 years for a class action to go through only to get some coupons for free oil changes or merchandise.
Old 7/6/05, 03:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

That is too funny Calvin! You actually had me wondering if I was losing my mind. I had to go out to the garage and make sure I had one. I was pretty sure I had seen it there before.
You live in Texas right? Since it is only going to get hotter the next couple months I would suggest you stay inside as much as possible until your heat poisoning goes away.
Drink a beer for me. I have to work tonight.
Old 7/6/05, 07:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@July 6, 2005, 3:45 PM
Now that's the first common sense thing I've seen in this thread.

The issue is not weather or not someone feels they were wronged by paying for something they did not get. They're right.

The issue is how you go about getting satisfaction.

This is hardly something that qualifies in my eyes as something to go "Lawyer" on.

Good lord, get off your duff and go make like a madman at the dealer, you'll get more satisfaction than waiting 2 years for a class action to go through only to get some coupons for free oil changes or merchandise.
Well, I did try very hard to "make like a madman at the dealer". I went there twice after delivery, called him numerous times, and called Ford 4 TIMES. Guess what, neither would do a darn thing, and neither would give me any of the money back. What more am I supposed to do to express my dissatisfaction? THe bottom line is that my one voice doesn't mean much to Ford!

If you don't think that big companies screw people over all the time because they think they can get away from it, you're living in a dream world! The sad truth that I think some of you are overlooking is that it sometimes takes a lawsuit or the threat of one to get people or big companies attention.

And TBO, I don't know if a letter writting campaign or on-line registry would do much to get Ford's attention either. It may, but one of the things I thought about was getting one of the news people to get an "on your side" report about it, but I highly doubt they'd have much interest either.

Like I said, I love my car, I'm just really dissapointed that a feature of an option I ordered doesn't work, and Ford has made no attempt to fix it, they just dissabled it.
Old 7/6/05, 10:38 PM
FR500 Member

And if you think you are going to get any satisfaction out of a class action you're living in a dream world. I've been a member of a class in a class action lawsuit more times than I care to remember. What became of them...most times less than 1 dollar, sometimes coupons for services, and the grand-daddy was a voucher for $100 for future purchases, that was the compensation offered for a faulty logic board on a $5,000 computer.

I can't answer why you didn't get any satisfaction by going to the dealer.

But what I do know is, I've NEVER had a problem getting what I wanted in these kind of situations.

Why is it that I can get a call at work from Ford Corporate on a Friday night explaining in detail where my car was when it slipped it's delivery date by 2 week's

It could be worse, you could be one of the poor people that have it and it malfunctions. Windows opening when you're not there or even have the remote in your possesion. It has happened, and it's why it was disabled.
Old 7/6/05, 11:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since FORD already indicates in their documentation something to the effect "We reserve the right to change design or specifications at any time without notice and without incurring obligation" I doubt there's a court in this land that would have anything to do with an action over deactivating "Global Windows".
Old 7/7/05, 07:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by moc1976@July 6, 2005, 7:35 PM
Well, I did try very hard to "make like a madman at the dealer". I went there twice after delivery, called him numerous times, and called Ford 4 TIMES. Guess what, neither would do a darn thing, and neither would give me any of the money back. What more am I supposed to do to express my dissatisfaction? THe bottom line is that my one voice doesn't mean much to Ford!

If you don't think that big companies screw people over all the time because they think they can get away from it, you're living in a dream world! The sad truth that I think some of you are overlooking is that it sometimes takes a lawsuit or the threat of one to get people or big companies attention.

And TBO, I don't know if a letter writting campaign or on-line registry would do much to get Ford's attention either. It may, but one of the things I thought about was getting one of the news people to get an "on your side" report about it, but I highly doubt they'd have much interest either.

Like I said, I love my car, I'm just really dissapointed that a feature of an option I ordered doesn't work, and Ford has made no attempt to fix it, they just dissabled it.
All this over windows? No wonder this country is so screwed up.
Old 7/7/05, 07:40 AM
FR500 Member

Old 7/7/05, 07:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by bigaloz@July 7, 2005, 7:30 AM
All this over windows? No wonder this country is so screwed up.
Well I guess you don't mind getting worked over by people if you would just sit by if this happend to you. I don't like to pay for something and then not get what I paid for, but if you guys do, that's great! I'd love to sell stuff to you guys, since it doesn't matter if it works as advertised!

Oh yeah, that's why this country is screwed up, people wanting what they pay for! You really hit the nail on the head there!
Old 7/7/05, 08:26 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by moc1976@July 7, 2005, 7:50 AM
Well I guess you don't mind getting worked over by people if you would just sit by if this happend to you. I don't like to pay for something and then not get what I paid for, but if you guys do, that's great! I'd love to sell stuff to you guys, since it doesn't matter if it works as advertised!

Oh yeah, that's why this country is screwed up, people wanting what they pay for! You really hit the nail on the head there!
Exactly! The real reason this country is screwed up is lazy people that won't stand up for themselves and the assignment of responsibility to parties other than those actually responsible. In this case s apparently a sin to try to blame almighty Ford, the responsible party, for not giving us what we paid for.

To an earlier poster, I have said it before and I will say it again, just because you disclaim something does not mean that you automatically get away with it. There are lots of things in this world you cannot disclaim, and lots of reasons that a court will invalidate a disclaimer. The Uniform Commercial Code, particularly Section 2, governs the sale of goods. It is very consumer friendly, and it very well may have a protection against the alteration of a sales contract after it has been agreed upon. In fact, I would almost guarantee it. The line that everyone keeps quoting allows Ford to alter options for those who have not yet entered into an agreement, but up to the present Ford still represents in brochures and owner's manuals that the global down feature still works. A court very likely would not allow Ford to alter a contract after they have represented a feature would be available. That would be completely antithetical to the idea of a contract.

Finally, and why some of you don't get this, I will never understand, this whole discussion, for me at least, is an exercise in principle. It was correctly stated that the class members would at best get $30 or so, but it is the principle that a corporation once again screws the consumer. It doesn't matter how big or little of a screw job it is, but the fact that it was done.
Old 7/7/05, 08:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Tim, very well stated. I don't understand these people. Of course, the same ones would be yelling and screaming if something they ordered and really wanted on the car came disabled!

And your assesment of what is wrong with this country is right on! It's not people standing up for themselves, it's people that try to blame others for what they are responsible for. That is not what we are doing. I did not get in a wreck in my new Mustang and then say "let's sue Ford for producing a fast car". Oh well, guess they'll never understand our point.
Old 7/7/05, 08:39 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by moc1976@July 7, 2005, 8:39 AM
I did not get in a wreck in my new Mustang and then say "let's sue Ford for producing a fast car". Oh well, guess they'll never understand our point.
Ah, but you know somebody will.

Quick Reply: Global Windows